• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

Isles vs Pens

Rate this topic

As if the 9-3 loss to the NYI wasn't enough salt on the wound, the Pens bus crashed the following day on the way to practice. Reports are that it was a minor crash and everyone is okay, but it seems their bad luck didn't end in the arena.

Link.

Edited by Selliria

well, I think I found a team in the East that I like now! :lol::hysterical: at Talbot The Turtle (and from the way you got your ass kicked later, you should just keep turtling)

Fa-Q Mario! If your team was the one kicking ass and winning the hockey game, you wouldn't had said a single word! It's just too bad your whiney ***** Crosby wasn't out there to get his head ripped off!

Hell even without Cooke he shouldn't open up his pie hole. Unless he thinks the Pens should be fined (which they should be) for letting their players leave the bench.

In baseball, if a player leaves the dugout to join in a brawl on the field, the player is fined and suspended, as is that team's manager. Usually the team's manager is fined anyway if there's a brawl, but then especially. It wasn't always like that, before you could see the dugouts and bullpens emptying on the field during a fight, but MLB has done a lot to get away from that.

Edited by Electrophile

As much as I respect Mr. Lemieux, I've always regarded him more on the cry-baby side of the fence when it comes to hockey. Man's a legend no doubt so whatever he has to say privately or like now publicly he gets heard. However as mentioned before Cooke going unpunished for some of his tatics this year and last year are obscurd. One game ends up like old time hockey and you're gonna *****? Really? Maybe the league should make the nets bigger and allow no hitting so Sid can score more and skate around untouched and when he gets hit cries. GTFO Mario...

Maybe he was argueing the fact that Bylsma could have been fined for not controlling his bench but no fine was given.

The player got 9 games, that's huge. Seems they wanted to make it bad but not as bad as the punishment for leaving the bench to go double up on some guy like Goddard did and was given 10 by default.

Mario opens his mouth about the state of the league.

I found this interesting, but hard to swallow from someone who hurt the integrity of the game constantly with dives and whining about officiating. Sounds like more complaining to me, but what do you think?

I am kind of curious what he things the suspensions should have been. I am also curious to know what he thinks about the length of Matt Cookes suspension. He is asking for the league to send a message. Should't they FINALLY send a message to a guy who has injured multiple players with his cheap, dirty play ?

TSN.ca Link

Two words for you Mario, MATT COOKE.

Thank you. I didn't watch this game and only saw...um..."highlights", but I kept thinking that the least they could have done is hold off on Cooke's suspension. At least till after this game. OH, how I would have loved seeing him get pummeled.

Edited by Vladifan

Thank you. I didn't watch this game and only saw...um..."highlights", but I kept thinking that the least they could have done is hold off on Cooke's suspension. At least till after this game. OH, how I would have loved seeing him get pummeled.

Or we could just wait until they play Atlanta again.

As an owner of an NHL team, I should expect a fine for Mario now. Probably not in the Mark Cuban-range, but certainly enough to send a message to the rest of the league. $50k? I mean, if they can fine Dean Lombardi. . .

Edited by mjlegend

As if the 9-3 loss to the NYI wasn't enough salt on the wound, the Pens bus crashed the following day on the way to practice. Reports are that it was a minor crash and everyone is okay, but it seems their bad luck didn't end in the arena.

Link.

LOL Matt Cooke blind sided the bus driver :yowza:

As for Mario's comments - anyone here think he'll be fined by the league?

He definitely should be. Personally, I think his comments were way out of line. When he is running the league, he can make decisions on who gets suspended and for how long. Until then, he needs to keep the criticism to himself.

Heaven forbid an owner stands up for his team. It was clear on the intentions of the Islanders, and Mario called them out on it. He'll get fined, but the whole fallacy of "But they have Matt Cooke and Cindy Crysby blah blah blah" doesn't pertain to Mario's argument or comments, so why even bring them up? Just because the Pens have Cooke, that doesn't mean Mario can't complain when a game turns into a goonfest.

I think Mario was overly dramatic with the James Harrision "I'm out" comment, but it was good to see an owner stick up for his team.

Here a small statistic *penalties*;

1st FLA 183 minor / 14 major / 460 PIMs total

29th NYI 244 minor / 48 major / 1022 PIMs total

30th PIT 290 minor / 63 major / 1113 PIMs total *all three highest*

Furthermore a brawl needs two parties, so why is Pittsburgh in the victim role?