• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

Isles vs Pens

Rate this topic

F.Michael you are absolutely right aboot hypocritsm.

And before I get argues of including the penalties of the NYI-PEN game in my stats, hereby one without;

29th STL PIMs total of 862

30th PEN PIMs total of 970

NYI is not even second last anymore and difference of 108 minutes with STL is ridiculously high.

So I think Mario better look into the Pens mirror before pointing to everyone.

Heaven forbid an owner stands up for his team. It was clear on the intentions of the Islanders, and Mario called them out on it. He'll get fined, but the whole fallacy of "But they have Matt Cooke and Cindy Crysby blah blah blah" doesn't pertain to Mario's argument or comments, so why even bring them up? Just because the Pens have Cooke, that doesn't mean Mario can't complain when a game turns into a goonfest.

I think Mario was overly dramatic with the James Harrision "I'm out" comment, but it was good to see an owner stick up for his team.

I like Mario and I agree with his message, but if he really doesn't like "goon hockey", don't have a goon team. Instead of signing Matt Cooke, hang onto a talented two way forward like Dominic Moore. Instead of Eric Godard, have someone from the WBS Pens. Don't whine about fighting when you're team leads the league in fighting majors and penalty minutes. When you're team is clean, then you can complain about it. That would be like a serial killer complaining about violence in the world. There would be less if you cleaned up your own act. Mario called what happened on Friday a "travesty". No, some piece of garbaging delivering a cheap shot to a skill player and essentially ruining his career and not getting suspended or fined or anything is a "travesty".

Heaven forbid an owner stands up for his team. It was clear on the intentions of the Islanders, and Mario called them out on it. He'll get fined, but the whole fallacy of "But they have Matt Cooke and Cindy Crysby blah blah blah" doesn't pertain to Mario's argument or comments, so why even bring them up? Just because the Pens have Cooke, that doesn't mean Mario can't complain when a game turns into a goonfest.

I think Mario was overly dramatic with the James Harrision "I'm out" comment, but it was good to see an owner stick up for his team.

It absolutely pertains to Mario's comments. Mario releases a sanctimonious statement about protecting players and the integrity of the game, then he walks into his office and signs Cooke's paycheck. The Pens lead the league in major penalties. They lead the league in PIMs.

It's not that his comments were wrong, they were just hypocritical and melodramatic ("I'm taking my puck and going home!").

If he wants to improve player safety and the integrity of the game, start by not giving dirty players like Matt Cooke a job. Use the Pens franchise as an example of how to improve the integrity and safety of the game, rather than sitting from on high and chastising the NHL for it and threatening to quit (again).

An embarrassment to the league is what Pittsburgh is without Crosby or Malkin.

You don't know how tempted I am to change one word in your statement. Guess which one.

And I still don't think Mario's getting fined because:

Bill Daly: "We are entirely comfortable with how Friday night's events were handled. We have no other response to Mr. Lemieux's statement."

A response would be a fine. Baby Mario is coddled too much by the league to get a fine.

If he's serious, Lemieux's ownership stake has to easily be worth in the tens of millions of dollars. He could have walked away quietly instead of pulling this whole drama queen act, but regardless. . .

I support him if he has a desire to found his own hockey league with his money, his rules, whatever, and if he honestly believes he can do better. He might, who knows? He can take 87 with him.

Mario won't sell the Penguins. He's just being dramatic for the sake of making his point.

I agree with him that the entire game was bulls***. The Islanders really brought gooning it up to a new level. Scoring 9 goals on them and having some fair fights would've suited the situation just fine. But attacking a guy from behind and ganging up on them non-stop was retarded. At some point their coach should've said "hey I think we made our point".

If Mario doesn't want this type of s*** to happen he should take a long hard look one of his own cheap-shotting scumbag players. Waive that bag of s*** once his suspension is over.

the inevitable outcome of this affair is that people feel much more sympathy to the Isles and much less (if there were some left) to Bettman's pamperboys.

and that Mario is whining... did anyone expect something better from him?

It absolutely pertains to Mario's comments. Mario releases a sanctimonious statement about protecting players and the integrity of the game, then he walks into his office and signs Cooke's paycheck. The Pens lead the league in major penalties. They lead the league in PIMs.

It's not that his comments were wrong, they were just hypocritical and melodramatic ("I'm taking my puck and going home!").

If he wants to improve player safety and the integrity of the game, start by not giving dirty players like Matt Cooke a job. Use the Pens franchise as an example of how to improve the integrity and safety of the game, rather than sitting from on high and chastising the NHL for it and threatening to quit (again).

but but but its queen mario. i agree totally with this harold. thank you for not jumping on the poor mario crap that some are doing. It has everything to do like you said. so there is nothing wrong with cooke doing his dirty work over and over but its bad when another team does it to you?

Not at all. One player doesn't make a team. If they Wings had Cooke (ewwww) and he continually was doing dirty stuff, the Wings wouldn't be known as goons, just for having a goon. Mario didn't call out goons, he called out a team playing with the intent to take a pound of flesh from their opponents during that night.

If I had a problem child, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to call out a family of O'Doyles. It's hypocritical, but it doesn't invalidate my argument. Smokers are right when they say smoking is bad, alcoholics are right when they say alcoholism is wrong.

I do agree, though, his comments were melodramtic. But having Cooke isn't the same thing and it isn't hypocritical since Cooke can pot you 40 points a season if he really tried. he does the same stuff OV does and same stuff Briere does, and hell, even Mike Richards throws those exact same hits.

Mario was right, and Matt Cooke is completely irrelevant. Cooke has never tried to Bertuzzi anyone and never began to pummel a guy he just blindsided that was clearly hurt. All of Cooke's cheapshots, you can find identical hits delivered by highly reputable players, but again, he's never suckerpunched or hit a down opponent who was obviously injured.

Plus, Cooke can continually pot at least 10 goals a season and put up 30 points. Gillies has 9 goals in his entire 12 year career. Matt Martin, thus far in his early early career is a goon. Cooke is a dirty version of Steve Ott basically.

So no, it really doesn't pertain to what Mario was saying. Matt Cooke walks the line and crosses it sometimes, but what Mario is arguing is that an entire game shouldn't be all about cheap shots. So either you (not specifically you) cannot see that or your (not specifically you) pure unadulterated hate for everything Penguins and Crosby is getting in your way. I hate Crosby and the Penguins as the next person, but at least I can see it from mario's/an owners point of view.

Edited by Konnan511

Not at all. One player doesn't make a team. If they Wings had Cooke (ewwww) and he continually was doing dirty stuff, the Wings wouldn't be known as goons, just for having a goon. Mario didn't call out goons, he called out a team playing with the intent to take a pound of flesh from their opponents during that night.

If I had a problem child, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to call out a family of O'Doyles. It's hypocritical, but it doesn't invalidate my argument. Smokers are right when they say smoking is bad, alcoholics are right when they say alcoholism is wrong.

I do agree, though, his comments were melodramtic. But having Cooke isn't the same thing and it isn't hypocritical since Cooke can pot you 40 points a season if he really tried. he does the same stuff OV does and same stuff Briere does, and hell, even Mike Richards throws those exact same hits.

Mario was right, and Matt Cooke is completely irrelevant. Cooke has never tried to Bertuzzi anyone and never began to pummel a guy he just blindsided that was clearly hurt. All of Cooke's cheapshots, you can find identical hits delivered by highly reputable players, but again, he's never suckerpunched or hit a down opponent who was obviously injured.

Plus, Cooke can continually pot at least 10 goals a season and put up 30 points. Gillies has 9 goals in his entire 12 year career. Matt Martin, thus far in his early early career is a goon. Cooke is a dirty version of Steve Ott basically.

So no, it really doesn't pertain to what Mario was saying. Matt Cooke walks the line and crosses it sometimes, but what Mario is arguing is that an entire game shouldn't be all about cheap shots. So either you (not specifically you) cannot see that or your (not specifically you) pure unadulterated hate for everything Penguins and Crosby is getting in your way. I hate Crosby and the Penguins as the next person, but at least I can see it from mario's/an owners point of view.

There's a huge difference between a problem child and an employee who reflects poorly on your company. You can't fire a child.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

There's a huge difference between a problem child and an employee who reflects poorly on your company. You can't fire a child.

Then think of it as an employee who reflects poorly on your company but is extremely effective at what he does and improves your company by being there (which he does since he still puts up a good chunk of points).

Like I've said before, Cooke shouldn't be in the league, but the stuff he does is the exact same stuff OV, Mike Richards and Daniel Briere do, except when he does it it's under a microscope.

But again, Mario wasn't arguing that those players shouldn't be in the league, he's arguing a whole game shouldn't be that style of hockey because it's a clear intent of removing a pound of flesh from your opponent.