Photo
- - - - -

Isles vs Pens

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#181 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

well, I think I found a team in the East that I like now! :lol: :hysterical: at Talbot The Turtle (and from the way you got your ass kicked later, you should just keep turtling)

Fa-Q Mario! If your team was the one kicking ass and winning the hockey game, you wouldn't had said a single word! It's just too bad your whiney ***** Crosby wasn't out there to get his head ripped off!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#182 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hell even without Cooke he shouldn't open up his pie hole. Unless he thinks the Pens should be fined (which they should be) for letting their players leave the bench.

In baseball, if a player leaves the dugout to join in a brawl on the field, the player is fined and suspended, as is that team's manager. Usually the team's manager is fined anyway if there's a brawl, but then especially. It wasn't always like that, before you could see the dugouts and bullpens emptying on the field during a fight, but MLB has done a lot to get away from that.

Edited by Electrophile, 13 February 2011 - 05:56 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#183 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

The only bad thing is that Cooke wasn't involved in the game. Would have loved to see Gilles knock him into next month.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#184 fights

fights

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

When i think of Mario and fighting, i think of this,

Always brings a smile to my face. The Pens were never short of a goon to protect Lemieux during his career.

#185 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

Mario Lemieux crys about the the disipline against the Islanders...ummm buddy...I seem to remember a Matt Cooke getting away with intent to hurt players aka Marc Savard and those many knee on knee hits as well. Lemieux...maybe it's best if you keep your mouth shut and discipline Matt Cooke.

Mario Lemieux crys about Islanders punishment.

#186 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Always brings a smile to my face. The Pens were never short of a goon to protect Lemieux during his career.

Great video! I guess living with Mario taught Crosby how to be such a big whiner as well!

#187 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

And Steigerwald still bitching about the Islanders game during today's game. Glad to see Pittsburgh go down in losing fashion again.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#188 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

As much as I respect Mr. Lemieux, I've always regarded him more on the cry-baby side of the fence when it comes to hockey. Man's a legend no doubt so whatever he has to say privately or like now publicly he gets heard. However as mentioned before Cooke going unpunished for some of his tatics this year and last year are obscurd. One game ends up like old time hockey and you're gonna *****? Really? Maybe the league should make the nets bigger and allow no hitting so Sid can score more and skate around untouched and when he gets hit cries. GTFO Mario...

#189 KillerB14

KillerB14

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

Maybe he was argueing the fact that Bylsma could have been fined for not controlling his bench but no fine was given.

The player got 9 games, that's huge. Seems they wanted to make it bad but not as bad as the punishment for leaving the bench to go double up on some guy like Goddard did and was given 10 by default.
But that's just me and I could be wrong. Maybe it's a terrible tragedy.

#190 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

Mario opens his mouth about the state of the league.

I found this interesting, but hard to swallow from someone who hurt the integrity of the game constantly with dives and whining about officiating. Sounds like more complaining to me, but what do you think?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#191 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

Mario opens his mouth about the state of the league.

I found this interesting, but hard to swallow from someone who hurt the integrity of the game constantly with dives and whining about officiating. Sounds like more complaining to me, but what do you think?

I am kind of curious what he things the suspensions should have been. I am also curious to know what he thinks about the length of Matt Cookes suspension. He is asking for the league to send a message. Should't they FINALLY send a message to a guy who has injured multiple players with his cheap, dirty play ?
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#192 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

Best.video.ever. Typical Lemieux! What a puss! Oh wah, I got punched so hard my legs don't work!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#193 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Wow ... NYI 7, Buf 6 ... 2 players with hatrick.
Penguins lose to NYR.
Whatever you think about the Islanders ... they are a fun bunch to watch lately.
Islanders > Penguins

#194 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

TSN.ca Link

Two words for you Mario, MATT COOKE.

Thank you. I didn't watch this game and only saw...um..."highlights", but I kept thinking that the least they could have done is hold off on Cooke's suspension. At least till after this game. OH, how I would have loved seeing him get pummeled.

Edited by Vladifan, 13 February 2011 - 09:06 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#195 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

What Gilles and Martin did were pretty disgusting, but other than that, I love a good fight or beatdown. I thought both deserved longer suspensions than what they got.

#196 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thank you. I didn't watch this game and only saw...um..."highlights", but I kept thinking that the least they could have done is hold off on Cooke's suspension. At least till after this game. OH, how I would have loved seeing him get pummeled.

Or we could just wait until they play Atlanta again.

As an owner of an NHL team, I should expect a fine for Mario now. Probably not in the Mark Cuban-range, but certainly enough to send a message to the rest of the league. $50k? I mean, if they can fine Dean Lombardi. . .

Edited by mjlegend, 13 February 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#197 spongebob is a wings fan

spongebob is a wings fan

11 TIME CHAMPS

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

As if the 9-3 loss to the NYI wasn't enough salt on the wound, the Pens bus crashed the following day on the way to practice. Reports are that it was a minor crash and everyone is okay, but it seems their bad luck didn't end in the arena.

Link.

LOL Matt Cooke blind sided the bus driver :yowza:

#198 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

The only bad thing is that Cooke wasn't involved in the game. Would have loved to see Gilles knock him into next month.

No kidding - would've loved to see Cooke's gap between his teeth widened a bit more :hockeysmile:

As for Mario's comments - anyone here think he'll be fined by the league?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#199 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

True, but not in the head or neck. Plus, he deserved it. So not necessarily the same but not entirely different.

Well - actually Dmac did knee Lemieux in the head as they were up along the boards (mind you after McCarty jumped/sucker punched him).

I didn't mind what McCarty did - in fact I was/am still proud of the fact that he gave Lemieux what he deserved.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#200 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

As for Mario's comments - anyone here think he'll be fined by the league?

He definitely should be. Personally, I think his comments were way out of line. When he is running the league, he can make decisions on who gets suspended and for how long. Until then, he needs to keep the criticism to himself.