• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

Isles vs Pens

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

This. Mario hasn't released any public statements about his team turning his beloved game into a sideshow by leading the league in fighting majors and featuring the league's biggest punk this side of Sean Avery.

Cooke doesn't deserve to be compared to Avery.

Avery's got a mouth, and somewhat willing to back it up. He doesn't go out on the ice with the intent to injure, just annoy.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

His speech writer has been on vacation; but now, from the great man himself... from TSN:

"I have the utmost respect and regard for Mario Lemieux, but we're not going to engage in a public debate on this," Bettman said before Thursday night's game between Detroit and Tampa Bay. "We are very comfortable with the way the league responded to Friday night's game."

Don Cherry just ripped Mario a new one. Seriously, anyone who hates Pittsburgh and hypocrisy, check it out :D

Damn, the guy on youtube I go to see it doesn't upload anymore. I'm a sad panda.

EDIT: I guess CBC got rid of the Canada only thing. I can watch it on their webpage now.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I saw Cherry while watching the Leafs game tonight, and he said the same things. All true statements. Lemieux should shut his whiny little mouth. He's got 2 of the biggest cheap shot artists in the league on his team, and he never says a word about them.

Don't usually agree with Grapes, but he's cock on with this one

It's at the 4:25 mark those interested, but very well said by Don with video footage to back it up. Mario is a hypocrite.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Noticed this today while responding to another thread and decided to bump this one.

Even worse than Mario bitching about rough play while having Cooke on his team, is the overall PIM stats of the Penguins.

The top 50 players in the NHL this season with the most PIM include 5 players from the Penguins (Cooke (108), Rupp (104), Engelland (100), Godard (88), & Letang (78)) .

The Pittsburgh Penguins are the leading team in PIM this season with 1149 (28 more than the NYI)