• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#261 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Someone needs to upload that to YouTube. I have a feeling I'd like Grapes' rant quite a bit. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#262 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

Don Cherry just ripped Mario a new one. Seriously, anyone who hates Pittsburgh and hypocrisy, check it out :D

Damn, the guy on youtube I go to see it doesn't upload anymore. I'm a sad panda.

EDIT: I guess CBC got rid of the Canada only thing. I can watch it on their webpage now.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 19 February 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#263 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Here's the verbal statement:

http://www.theglobea...article1914342/

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#264 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

I saw Cherry while watching the Leafs game tonight, and he said the same things. All true statements. Lemieux should shut his whiny little mouth. He's got 2 of the biggest cheap shot artists in the league on his team, and he never says a word about them.

#265 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

Don't usually agree with Grapes, but he's cock on with this one

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#266 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

Don't usually agree with Grapes, but he's cock on with this one

It's at the 4:25 mark those interested, but very well said by Don with video footage to back it up. Mario is a hypocrite.

#267 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Suck on Frozen Grapes Mario

Posted Image
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#268 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

Noticed this today while responding to another thread and decided to bump this one.

Even worse than Mario bitching about rough play while having Cooke on his team, is the overall PIM stats of the Penguins.

The top 50 players in the NHL this season with the most PIM include 5 players from the Penguins (Cooke (108), Rupp (104), Engelland (100), Godard (88), & Letang (78)) .

The Pittsburgh Penguins are the leading team in PIM this season with 1149 (28 more than the NYI)

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain