• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#21 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

I heard that the Pens play by play team were calling the Islanders "an embarrassment to the league". Tonight, I'd say that was Pittsburgh, not the Isles.

:huh:

#22 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Did you even watch the game? Hillen, Gilles all just jumped Penguin's players.

Both teams were complete embarrassments. That was not a hockey game.

Admittedly, nope. Was following a lot via box score and Twitter comments. Comments like the from the Pittsburgh PbP crew don't surprise me in any case, though - I know some people think Ken and Mickey are homers, but those guys take homerism to a whole new level. But if the Isles were instigating it, well, that's that.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#23 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

Isn't Bob Errey one of the play-by-play guys?

#24 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

Admittedly, nope. Was following a lot via box score and Twitter comments. Comments like the from the Pittsburgh PbP crew don't surprise me in any case, though - I know some people think Ken and Mickey are homers, but those guys take homerism to a whole new level. But if the Isles were instigating it, well, that's that.

Yeah, I agree Pens commentators are complete homers.

But both teams are completely deserving of the blame, it was quite a pathetic showing for both teams. It was a gong show in every sense of the word. There will be several suspensions for both teams. Really embarrassing for the league imho.

#25 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

both teams should be proud of themselves. the nhl won't call penalties with consistency, so these two highly esteemed and honorable teams use their highly regarded reputations to point out the flaws in the referees. plus, i don't give a s***....a good beatdown on s***tsberg is always in order.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#26 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

Any surprise that O'Halloran was one of the refs for this game?

ABV_sig.png

#27 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

Any surprise that O'Halloran was one of the refs for this game?

Nope, edi, not surprised at all.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#28 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Im never a fan of these guys that cannot score or even skate... All they are in there for is to be goons. Probert was never dressed just to fight Kocur was never dressed just to fight. The league has really deteriorated to this crap. Fights are great entertainment but this was stupid.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Im never a fan of these guys that cannot score or even skate... All they are in there for is to be goons. Probert was never dressed just to fight Kocur was never dressed just to fight. The league has really deteriorated to this crap. Fights are great entertainment but this was stupid.

I'm really curious what kind of suspensions are handed out from this fracas. And I hope the league is fair for a change.

ABV_sig.png

#30 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

im all for fights but this is 2 much. not to say i dont enjoy seeing the pens get beat up.

#31 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

I'm thinking probably 10 for Goddard... A couple for Gillies, Taveres, Haley, and Martin. Maybe a few for Talbot for being a punching bag...
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

NHL getting fun again with these two brawls in one week, plus a goalie fight.

:thumbup:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#33 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

I just can't believe Hailey. Fought Talbot. Took him down. Went straight after Johnson.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

I just can't believe Hailey. Fought Talbot. Took him down. Went straight after Johnson.

Sign him Kenny. :thumbup:

Oh and I'd give anything to attend the next game between these two. Should be a fun one.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

Sign him Kenny. :thumbup:

Oh and I'd give anything to attend the next game between these two. Should be a fun one.

April 8th.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#36 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

Godard and Gillies were only the real true goons in that game. Noone else really is. Martin is a young prospect that is going to be like a Mccarty type, and noone else really did a whole lot goonish.

PS anyone else find it weird Konopka didnt do anything this game lol?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#37 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

:thumbup:Sign him Kenny. :thumbup:

He gets a goal, a roughing penalty, three fights, and two game misconducts.

As far as Konopka goes, wasn't on the ice when most of the "action" took place, but at least he knows he needs to stay on the bench when things get scrappy.

Edited by e_prime, 11 February 2011 - 11:50 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#38 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

He had a sick goal as well

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#39 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

I didn't see the game but this all start because of the usual ? The Penguins crying because they were losing and losing bad ?
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#40 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

What the hell even caused that? I wish the video showed more. All we saw were a couple fights and a lot of people laying on the ground. I didn't see who started it, but whoever it was was a ******. Laid out a colossal hit on a guy and then immediately get up and start punching him before he even recovers? There's no history of bad blood between these teams, is there? Why the hell would it be such a HUGE event? Because one player was injured?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.