• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#41 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

I just can't believe Hailey. Fought Talbot. Took him down. Went straight after Johnson.

From the video it looked to me like Johnson challenged Haley. In any case, I kind of like seeing these types of games every once in a while but after a certain point you have to just quit the circus and play hockey.

#42 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

I heard that the Pens play by play team were calling the Islanders "an embarrassment to the league". Tonight, I'd say that was Pittsburgh, not the Isles.

If the league doesn't suspend Godard for that (and possibly fine Byslma), there's something wrong with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBRviv62Xa4

Posted Image

#43 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

Now this was af****** hockey game! Old time hockey, I love it. Pittsburgh got tuned in the fights and the scoreboard, what a thing a beauty. I'd like to have that Micheal Haley, guys an animal. And he scored a beauty tonight too :D. Cant wait till the next Isles/Pens game :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#44 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

What the hell even caused that? I wish the video showed more. All we saw were a couple fights and a lot of people laying on the ground. I didn't see who started it, but whoever it was was a ******. Laid out a colossal hit on a guy and then immediately get up and start punching him before he even recovers? There's no history of bad blood between these teams, is there? Why the hell would it be such a HUGE event? Because one player was injured?

It all started last game with a bordlerine hit by Talbot on Comeau. Martin went after him and in a blow out game tempers just got heated after that. Two teams with more then enough guys willing to fight and with bad blood.

Anyone who calls this disgraceful or bad for hockey is a complete hypocrite, this is no different from the wings avs back in teh day really in those big brawls

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#45 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

What the hell even caused that? I wish the video showed more. All we saw were a couple fights and a lot of people laying on the ground. I didn't see who started it, but whoever it was was a ******. Laid out a colossal hit on a guy and then immediately get up and start punching him before he even recovers? There's no history of bad blood between these teams, is there? Why the hell would it be such a HUGE event? Because one player was injured?

some hits by talbot and tavares whining about getting pushed around
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#46 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

what gillies did was just horrible, does a headshot on a random penguin who is then out on his feet and gillies drops the gloves and starts punching him..

#47 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

It all started last game with a bordlerine hit by Talbot on Comeau. Martin went after him and in a blow out game tempers just got heated after that. Two teams with more then enough guys willing to fight and with bad blood.

Anyone who calls this disgraceful or bad for hockey is a complete hypocrite, this is no different from the wings avs back in teh day really in those big brawls

This was disgraceful... Why don't you watch what happened when Yzerman got leveled in a game. There was one response, Probert, Kocur, McCarty, etc would fight the player. Only one time face to face not this sucker punch stuff

full video of all the rough stuff
By the way I'm not defending the Penguins, this was just stupid. HUUUUUUUGE homer announcers... Same guys that said the Cooke hit wasn't a head shot. Talbot got what he had coming to him

Edited by matt198913, 12 February 2011 - 01:06 AM.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

I don't know if I'd compare it to Wings-Avs from back in the day, but this was fun as hell to watch.

If the NHL had a bit more of this (maybe not 300 minutes in penalties, but more willingness to fight it out a bit) MAYBE this league wouldn't be rivaling the MLS in the ratings...
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#49 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

Jesus I'm all for watching some fun fights and bad blood brew between two teams but this was ridiculous. Both teams were nothing but goons tonight, but the Islanders: some of the s*** they pulled would earn a couple of their players criminal charges of assault anywhere else in the world.

Edited by Echolalia, 12 February 2011 - 02:14 AM.

#50 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

Can't believe all the negative reactions on here. Do you change the channel during regular hockey fights as well? I mean, some of the most memorable events in hockey are brawls, like Col/Det 97 and Ottawa/Buffalo 08. I thought the whole thing was a million kinds of awesome. If it was on a constant basis, i can see it being ridiculous, but personally I love seeing a brawl now and again. Just reinforces how unbelivably awesome hockey is. The only lame aspect of it was Gonchar coming off the bench to double team the NY player. Pretty gutless I must say.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#51 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:53 AM

Can't believe all the negative reactions on here. Do you change the channel during regular hockey fights as well? I mean, some of the most memorable events in hockey are brawls, like Col/Det 97 and Ottawa/Buffalo 08. I thought the whole thing was a million kinds of awesome. If it was on a constant basis, i can see it being ridiculous, but personally I love seeing a brawl now and again. Just reinforces how unbelivably awesome hockey is. The only lame aspect of it was Gonchar coming off the bench to double team the NY player. Pretty gutless I must say.

out of all the stuff that happened and you think godard(not gonchar lol) protecting his goaltender was gutless? you cant let your goalies fight goons even if they want to..

#52 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBRviv62Xa4

"One of the worst team in hockey" and "an embarrassment to the league" are also somewhat apt descriptions of the Penguins from 2001-2006.

#53 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

out of all the stuff that happened and you think godard(not gonchar lol) protecting his goaltender was gutless? you cant let your goalies fight goons even if they want to..

Sorry, on my IPhone and only based my opinion on that first video. Yeah, the sucker punch was pretty disgusting. Guy should be suspended for the rest of the season for even attempting it. What I'm most annoyed with though are those damn Pittsburgh announcers. I mean, the audacity of those two. A team calling out another for their "dirty players" and being an "embarrassment to the league" when this team couldn't BUY a win from 00-06 and have arguably the dirtiest player in the league (Cooke). Pot, meet kettle.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#54 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

"One of the worst team in hockey" and "an embarrassment to the league" are also somewhat apt descriptions of the Penguins from 2001-2006.

Beat me to it. They iced an AHL team for season after season.

And all those looking forward to the rematch, don't bother. It'll be like the Buffalo-Ottawa brawl a few years ago when the league threatened all kinds of fire and damnnation if there were a repeat. In fact IIRC "Colie" was in personal attendance at the rematch.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#55 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:46 AM

Bylsma will be automatically fined $10,000 and suspended pending review, for letting Godard off the bench.

http://blogs.sites.p..._medium=twitter

Edit: Also Godard could be looking at a 10 game suspension. What a crazy turn around this Pens season has taken.

Edited by crotty99, 12 February 2011 - 04:48 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#56 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

Classy.

:hehe:

#57 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

wasn't most of this in response to a talbot hit on comeau before?

am i missing something? it looks like a great hit to me:

Posted Image

#58 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

That and DiPi getting KTFO.

works every time

#59 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

wasn't most of this in response to a talbot hit on comeau before?

am i missing something? it looks like a great hit to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNnQib_OXRU

I read on another site that Konopka said the game was in response to Fleury and Johnson laughing/smiling after DiPietro was knocked out last game.

#60 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

This was disgraceful... Why don't you watch what happened when Yzerman got leveled in a game. There was one response, Probert, Kocur, McCarty, etc would fight the player. Only one time face to face not this sucker punch stuff

full video of all the rough stuff
By the way I'm not defending the Penguins, this was just stupid. HUUUUUUUGE homer announcers... Same guys that said the Cooke hit wasn't a head shot. Talbot got what he had coming to him

I'm glad others have said it. People saying this was disgraceful made me refer to one of the most epic games in Wings history, Avs vs Wings March 26, 1997. How would that not be the same embarrassment? What would be the difference? McCarty and the rest of the team avenged the draper hit.

AND, McCarty sucker punched Lemieux but yet nobody called him a gutless turd...

I think these games like this, seeing bad blood boil over, are absolutely awesome to see. I am sick of all sports teams being buddy buddy with each other, like NBA teams giving love to each other after games, NFL the same thing. I don't want my team to like the opponent at all!

I dunno. I don't think this game was an embarrassment. I think hockey needs this stuff once in a while.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.