• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Jason Williams Signs with Stars

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I am curious as to why he doesn't need to go through waivers before he can play.

He didn't start the season in Europe and was only on a professional try out contract. He was a pure free agent.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

He doesn't have to go through waivers because he's in a similar situation to Forsberg, to the best of my knowledge; he wasn't signed with any team, either in North America or overseas.

The reason that Nabokov had to go through waivers was because he was signed in the KHL at the start of this season.

Guest Crymson

Hmm.. I guess Dallas isn't serious about winning the cup afterall.

Yeah, that was my first thought. I don't recall a member of the Wings ever being as invisible as he was last season.

Yeah, that was my first thought. I don't recall a member of the Wings ever being as invisible as he was last season.

Except for when he broke his leg. Then he was visible on the injury list.

Poor kid. I hope he is happy in Dallas.

Guest Crymson

Except for when he broke his leg. Then he was visible on the injury list.

I've a great mind for stats and details, and yet there were times when I forgot that he was even on the team.

Except when he fired that shot in Game 3 against the Sharks that missed the net and went right to Thorton, who then scored in OT to give the Sharks a series lead 3-0. <_<

He doesn't have to go through waivers because he's in a similar situation to Forsberg, to the best of my knowledge; he wasn't signed with any team, either in North America or overseas.

The reason that Nabokov had to go through waivers was because he was signed in the KHL at the start of this season.

Okay. So the Professional Try Out Contract with the Conneticut Whale doesn't count as playing in another league.

I buy that.

I just figured since he played for them it would count as playing somewhere this year.

Okay. So the Professional Try Out Contract with the Conneticut Whale doesn't count as playing in another league.

I buy that.

I just figured since he played for them it would count as playing somewhere this year.

If I understand correctly, the waiver rule only applies if a player plays professionally in a league outside of North America during the season in which they sign. Since Williams began the season not playing at all, then signed a pro tryout with an AHL team, he is not required to pass through waivers before joining an NHL team. Slightly different scenario from Forsberg, who last played professionally in Sweden but not this season, but fundamentally different from Nabakov, who was under contract and played in the KHL this season before being bought out in Russia and returning to the NHL.

Except when he fired that shot in Game 3 against the Sharks that missed the net and went right to Thorton, who then scored in OT to give the Sharks a series lead 3-0. <_<

actually, it was marleau who scored because rafalski tried to take thornton's 'lethal' shot away instead of taking away the pass.

Guest screwdahawks

What-me-worrycopy.jpg

(who knows how many more times I'll get to post this photoshop, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity)

That's gotta be one of the best photoshops ever posted on here.........:clap:

hopefully, if the wings play dallas in the playoffs he'll send a shot from the right wing high and wide, the puck rims round and leads to a game winner for the wings on the subsequent odd man rush. :thumbup: