• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut09

any of these possibilities?

Rate this topic

ESPN reported the other day that Holland may shake up this squad if they don't start playing better. I know tsn reported that the rangers are willing to deal gaborik and the stars deal Richards. I know we need defense but any chance of either of these guys coming to Detroit? Even with Richards being a rental?

Not at the player cost we'd have to pay. Think about their salaries; think about our available cap space.

The Wings would have to give up at least two of Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Stuart, Kronwall in a deal for either of those guys JUST to make the cap work. Pick the two you think help the team the least. Now think; does the combination of Brad Richards and either Drew Miller or Jakub Kindl, depending on which players are traded, provide a better Cup chance this season for the Wings than those multiple players?

Hudler and Kronwall? Hudler and Flip? Flip and Cleary? Hudler and Stuart? Flip and Stuart? Cleary and Kronwall? Some other combo?

None of them are less helpful than Richards and Miller/Kindl. Or even worse; push Draper out of the forward lineup and bring in Kindl and Meech/Janik.

Sound like fun?

Gaborik wouldn't be any better, either.

i have thought long and hard about "this years drake" and i think i have a winner!

Lee Stempniak REGULAR SEASON 57gm 14g 16a 30pts +7 8pim 2 0sh 0gw 141shots 9.9%

rumored available from coyotes...

no cup, talented, rough, good hands and speed.

opinions?

i have thought long and hard about "this years drake" and i think i have a winner!

Lee Stempniak REGULAR SEASON 57gm 14g 16a 30pts +7 8pim 2 0sh 0gw 141shots 9.9%

rumored available from coyotes...

no cup, talented, rough, good hands and speed.

opinions?

Stempniak would be a great but i would like to see Chris Phillips in a winged wheel

Read on Twitter that Holland is actually interested in Chris Phillips, so who knows? Apparently the Rangers are making a push for him as well. Also, the Devils are looking to unload Jason Arnott and the interested parties are Detroit, LA and Dallas.

Read on Twitter that Holland is actually interested in Chris Phillips, so who knows? Apparently the Rangers are making a push for him as well. Also, the Devils are looking to unload Jason Arnott and the interested parties are Detroit, LA and Dallas.

As much as I wouldn't mind have Arnott on our team I wouldn't want to give ANYONE or ANYTHING (draft picks) up for him. Like nothing. Phillips is interesting but I can't expect Holland to give up much if anything besides a draft pick this year or next. I won't be surprised at all if Kenny just sits back this trade deadline and I'm all for it...

ESPN reported the other day that Holland may shake up this squad if they don't start playing better. I know tsn reported that the rangers are willing to deal gaborik and the stars deal Richards. I know we need defense but any chance of either of these guys coming to Detroit? Even with Richards being a rental?

The way I read it was that the Rangers wanted to add a winger for Gaborik and were looking at going after Richards in the off season. As for if the Wings would be in the mix were either player available the answer is no. The days of the Red Wings making a big splash at the trade deadline are pretty much over unless they decide to move one of our core players or until Lidstrom decides to retire/Rafalski's contract expires.

Philips would be pretty sweet on our 3rd pair with either Ericsson or Salei. But we'd have to lose a roster player and it would cost some picks. Could be good though. I'm kind of torn to be honest as I'm not 100% sold it'd be worth it.