• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/13 GDT: Bruins 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

terrible period by Salei, and worse by Kindl

Honestly I thought Salei was much worse than Kindl.

Well maybe not...Salei was just beat every time he tried to cover a guy where as Kindl didn't know who he was covering.

So in retrospect...I agree with your post.

Salei and Kindl leads the Wings defense in ice time.....that needs to change....

Is Bab trying to lost the game? :scared:

Honestly I thought Salei was much worse than Kindl.

Well maybe not...Salei was just beat every time he tried to cover a guy where as Kindl didn't know who he was covering.

So in retrospect...I agree with your post.

I seen the same thing and then I took into effect the amount of turnovers he committed by trying to make stupid passes, which I counted 4.

terrible period by Salei, and worse by Kindl

Kind of makes you wonder why the hell they were out there the whole time. I swear I didn't see Lidstrom until about 5 minutes in.

We got completely outworked in our own end in that period. They almost scored like 4 wrap-around goals on us.

Timmy has been giving up rebounds so we need to capitalize on that. This game is so winnable, but the defense really needs to get it together. Too many unforced errors and I'm sick of it.

Can't wait to hear what the talking heads say about fighting.

Personally, it needs to be in the game in my opinion. And penalizing or fining a team for "not controlling your players" is ridiculous. Incidents like the other night with pens and isles happens very rarely. The rules thus far have caused star players to be targeted. I think the rules should be loosened.

Disagree, I think fighting DOES POLICE it, or at least it used to. Not so much anymore since the instigator rule. Disagree with this guy.

So Stuart can give Homer 75 crosschecks? I wonder if we can do that to one of their players with impunity?

I guess you are allowed to hit someone from behind and not let them get to their feet as long as you only have 1 hand on your stick...

I just disagree completely with Milbury. Yeah people love the fighting, but it used to police the game. Nowadays with the instigator rule it doesn't allow your team to protect your stars efficiently. So, you get incidents more regularly where scum runs at superstars, like Ovechkin.

Took long enough for the call. 96 must be the number of times a team can cross check Holmstrom before they call a penalty elsewhere.

LOLOLOL

I think it's a directive from Bettman or something to not give out penalties when Holmstrom is on the receiving end.

LOLOLOL

I think it's a directive from Bettman or something to not give out penalties when Holmstrom is on the receiving end.

Yeah i think on the replay I counted 9 shots to Homer's back. I just figured it wasn't called because it's homer. Absolutely ridiculous.

I just disagree completely with Milbury. Yeah people love the fighting, but it used to police the game. Nowadays with the instigator rule it doesn't allow your team to protect your stars efficiently. So, you get incidents more regularly where scum runs at superstars, like Ovechkin.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually do agree with Milbury.

Yes, hockey is used to police the game, but if people didn't like it in the game, it would absolutely be eliminated and the league would be trying to figure out other ways to police the game.

EDIT: I'm responding to his first comments about how it's ultimately in the game because people like it.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

After this period I have come to the conclusion that I have NO FAITH in Howard at all to stop pucks. Honestly every time the opposing team shoots now it has come to the point where i fear that the puck is going in our net because he just isn't what he was last year right now IMO we better hope Ozzie can get back into it when he comes back because we will not be going far in the post-season with Howard in net. The first goal was a stupid rebound that he HAD TO CONTROL. The second goal was not his fault, I am not going to pretend it is... but simply put he let in 2 goals on 9 shots so far today and we still got 2 periods to go (THat and the fact that he lets in close to 3 or 4 goals every game as it is). Sure, the Wings aren't playing great BUT it is the job of a goaltender to make key saves to keep his team in the game and I can honestly say that Howard has not been doing this since early December...

Also, Salai and Kindle have been TERRIBLE the past few games. Babcock needs to quiit playing them so damn much... Lidstrom and Kronners will be fine getting a little extra ice time and there is no reason why they don't with that pathetic play of the 3rd pairing. Still 2 periods to go so lets hope Babs can get the troops goin

Yeah i think on the replay I counted 9 shots to Homer's back. I just figured it wasn't called because it's homer. Absolutely ridiculous.

The initial knockdown was Holmstrom's fault for skating ass first into him, but yeah, that was a bit much. Like they said, he didn't have two hands on the stick so technically it's not a crosscheck.

I just wish the Wings would punish guys in the corner and behind the net like that.