• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/13 GDT: Bruins 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

The Red Wings win! They beat the Boston Bruins by a score of 4-2! Second straight win for the Wings, their 17th home win in 29 games!

Final/Regulation

BOS: 2 (Seguin, Marchand (PPG))

DET: 4 (The Todd x2, Pasha, Kruck Noraper)

Shots on Goal

BOS: 25

DET: 36

Good win. It looked like they were trying to hit the Todd for the hat trick and fries.

Howard only let in two, neither was really his fault IMHO. Hopefully this is an indication that the ship has been righted. Maybe the hometown crowd booing them last game got to the CORE of the problem. ;)

What a difference a couple games makes. As much as the defensemen have looked bad this season, I agree with Babcock that a huge part of fixing that is getting the forwards to come back and help in the defensive zone. They've done that the last couple games and the difference is night and day. They're protecting the crease and clearing rebounds and the defensemen aren't being hung out to dry.

They've also cleaned up the passing game. These games against Boston look like Red Wings hockey again.

Great game by our guys.

I thought we were even better today than we were on Friday. Not nearly as many chances for Boston today and I thought we dominated the puck for most of the game.

AWESOME JOB!! KEEP IT ROLLING!!

My only complaint this game is that there was way too much Kindl out there. He was terrible. I really think we're looking at a career 5th or 6th defenseman in Kindl. Can't wait for Stuart to get back.

COMPLETELY AGREE! He scares the s**t out of me when he's on the ice as of late! Just looks like he is over thinking things and taking too long to make a decision.

Way too much bitching from members here. Especially considering that we outplayed Boston for the final two periods of play. The Wings played an excellent game and the stats of the game don't lie. Are there things they can improve on? You betcha! At the same time though, the blame game going around on Kindl and Howard really needs to stop. The "Wings fans" on this forum really need to get behind their team and stop with the senseless accusations and blame. Especially on things like "rebounds" which Howard was toasted for, but when Thomas gives up rebounds, they are naturally supposed to happen. The arguments make no sense.

Ah well. Onto the next game!

My only complaint this game is that there was way too much Kindl out there. He was terrible. I really think we're looking at a career 5th or 6th defenseman in Kindl. Can't wait for Stuart to get back.

Going into the playoffs I think we might need another depth d guy. Knock on wood that no other defensmen goes down but I wouldn't want Kindl to step in if something happens.

Way too much bitching from members here. Especially considering that we outplayed Boston for the final two periods of play. The Wings played an excellent game and the stats of the game don't lie. Are there things they can improve on? You betcha! At the same time though, the blame game going around on Kindl and Howard really needs to stop. The "Wings fans" on this forum really need to get behind their team and stop with the senseless accusations and blame. Especially on things like "rebounds" which Howard was toasted for, but when Thomas gives up rebounds, they are naturally supposed to happen. The arguments make no sense.

So because most noticed that the play of certain players has gone to hell in a hand basket we cannot call them out because it would make us less of a Wings fan? Our "senseless accusations" as you put are right on the money. Kindl's play is going backwards and he is not improving, once we get healthy he won't be playing much and rightfully so.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Remember all the horrible mistakes Ericsson made last year and how most members here had no hope for him? Well look at Kindl now, he is playing pretty badly but the hope is not lost. He was a first rounder who has had some very good games and some very bad games. Kindl will get used to the play at the NHL level and further develop in to a solid defenseman for us.

Feels good to be one of the few to not have given up on The Todd. It'll also feel good when Kindl gets out of this rut. He played solid before this rut and he's shown that the coaching staff has faith in him to play him in a lot of situation tonight against one of Easts best teams.

When Howard has a .941 SV%, he can kick out all the juicy rebounds he wants. :D

All the Boston fans told me on Friday that they were gonna go to Detroit and put up 6 on us. Haha, guess that didn't work out well.

Wings looked great and never took their foot off the pedal. Awesome home and home series

Remember all the horrible mistakes Ericsson made last year and how most members here had no hope for him? Well look at Kindl now, he is playing pretty badly but the hope is not lost. He was a first rounder who has had some very good games and some very bad games. Kindl will get used to the play at the NHL level and further develop in to a solid defenseman for us.

Ericsson has had his share of mistakes as well this year. At the beginning of the season his was atrocious and he has his derp moments still.