• Please log in to reply
526 replies to this topic

#21 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

Let's go Wings. Would be good way to get goin again by winning this home and home decisively. Also, am I the only one not looking to watching the game on NBC? Among other things, I'm going to vomit each time they show Cros-***** hoisting every commercial break

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#22 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

Let's go Wings. Would be good way to get goin again by winning this home and home decisively. Also, am I the only one not looking to watching the game on NBC? Among other things, I'm going to vomit each time they show Cros-***** hoisting every commercial break

If it wasn't for the fact that it's an original 6 match up between the Boston Bruins (the hub of hockey) and the Detroit Red WIngs (hockey town) I wouldn't be watching NBC. I can't stand Pierre McQuire...I wish Mike Milbury would check his ass right off the set.

#23 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

I've got a feeling Friday's game was the start of a good streak for the Wings. As long as they show up for the opening whistle I think they'll be fine. I also am not looking forward to the NBC announcing team but as long as they don't bring a concussed Crosby in for color commentary it won't be anything we haven't had to suffer through before. I am curious to see if and how they address the Pens/Isles brawl and the Cooke suspension during the broadcast since they aren't going to say much about Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom if past form holds true. Heck, the Jason $@&%ing Williams signing will probably get more attention.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#24 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Ya...it will be interesting to see how they address the Pens/Isles brawl. I'm sure we'll hear about crybaby Crosby and his concussion and how he may not return this season boohoo. You know it's sad when Crybaby Crosby's concussion gets more attention than when it happened to Marc Savard and Matt Cooke getting a 4 gamer. The NHL acted way to late on this, and in my opinion has no credibility. I hope the Pens limp into the playoffs and get their ass bonced in the 1st round. The way the NHL handled Matt Cooke is a slap in the face....maybe Bettman should go back to the NBA (take Colin Campbell with you too) and bring in someone that will bring credibility to the "commissioner" position.

#25 GunnarStahl

GunnarStahl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

Low scoring game. 2-1 Wings, Eaves Lidstrom.

#26 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Low scoring game. 2-1 Wings, Eaves Lidstrom.

The wings don't like winning games that are low scoring. I think it will be 4-3 wings.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#27 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Wings 3-1. Homer loads up on Boston Baked Beans. Thomas is unable to find the puck in the fog.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 13 February 2011 - 12:16 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#28 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I read an article yesterday about how last home game vs. the Preds, the Wings were booed off the ice by their own fans. They said that they deserved the boos and that providing a better experience for the home fans was at the top of their priority list. Let's see if they can do that today.

#29 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm heading off to the gym, but I should be back for the 2nd. Maybe I can get one of the TVs there tuned to NBC...

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#30 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

I get the feeling the Bruins are gonna come out really physical. Hopefully our boys can match or surpass their intensity.

works every time

#31 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

Almost game time

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#32 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Another Stream here if anyone needs it.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#33 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Abby and Thornton in the 1st period anybody?...

Also.. I know the Wings were winning and had no reason to fight.. but it would have been funny to see Eaves drop Marchand last game.

GO WINGS!

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#34 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'd like to go ahead and give the 1st start to Mrs. Newman!

She is the only Red Wing that has showed up every time they play at the Joe lately. She deserves the 1st start!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#35 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

Game on!

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Game on! Don't get bombed this time at home, Wings.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

Game on.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#38 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

A great Veetle stream:

http://molkevision.mo.funpic.de/
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#39 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Lotta empty seats at the Joe, time change maybe chase some people away?

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

Lotta empty seats at the Joe, time change maybe chase some people away?

Not really. Late crowds always frequent the Joe. It will be completely filled up soon.

What was that about trying to start well for the home crowd?