• Please log in to reply
526 replies to this topic

#161 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Almost all Bostons plays went behind the net, you think they would almost be ready to attack whoever is back there.

#162 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Pierre should know a thing or two about "premeditated predatory behavior"
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#163 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

It sounds as if there was a grassy knoll level plot against the lives of the Pens on this intermission report. Good grief guys you gotta remove your mouths from the genitals of Bettman, Crosby, and the Pitt Organization if you want to truly be understood.

#164 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

I just disagree completely with Milbury. Yeah people love the fighting, but it used to police the game. Nowadays with the instigator rule it doesn't allow your team to protect your stars efficiently. So, you get incidents more regularly where scum runs at superstars, like Ovechkin.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#165 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Took long enough for the call. 96 must be the number of times a team can cross check Holmstrom before they call a penalty elsewhere.

LOLOLOL

I think it's a directive from Bettman or something to not give out penalties when Holmstrom is on the receiving end.

#166 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

LOLOLOL

I think it's a directive from Bettman or something to not give out penalties when Holmstrom is on the receiving end.

Yeah i think on the replay I counted 9 shots to Homer's back. I just figured it wasn't called because it's homer. Absolutely ridiculous.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#167 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

No more of this playing from behind garbage.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#168 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

I didn't expect that from Milbury. Also I thought it was pretty lame that they didn't show the replays of the events that occurred during that game.

#169 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Predatory players?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#170 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,913 posts

I just disagree completely with Milbury. Yeah people love the fighting, but it used to police the game. Nowadays with the instigator rule it doesn't allow your team to protect your stars efficiently. So, you get incidents more regularly where scum runs at superstars, like Ovechkin.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually do agree with Milbury.

Yes, hockey is used to police the game, but if people didn't like it in the game, it would absolutely be eliminated and the league would be trying to figure out other ways to police the game.

EDIT: I'm responding to his first comments about how it's ultimately in the game because people like it.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 13 February 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#171 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

f*** Milbury and Pierre for these ***** suggestions.

:ranting:

These wimps need to go watch college basketball.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#172 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

WTF is Milbury talking about? Man i hate these clowns. There must be enough people that like these guys for them to keep their jobs.

#173 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Apparently they want to make it so that no player who is simply a fighter can be on an NHL team.

#174 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

After this period I have come to the conclusion that I have NO FAITH in Howard at all to stop pucks. Honestly every time the opposing team shoots now it has come to the point where i fear that the puck is going in our net because he just isn't what he was last year right now IMO we better hope Ozzie can get back into it when he comes back because we will not be going far in the post-season with Howard in net. The first goal was a stupid rebound that he HAD TO CONTROL. The second goal was not his fault, I am not going to pretend it is... but simply put he let in 2 goals on 9 shots so far today and we still got 2 periods to go (THat and the fact that he lets in close to 3 or 4 goals every game as it is). Sure, the Wings aren't playing great BUT it is the job of a goaltender to make key saves to keep his team in the game and I can honestly say that Howard has not been doing this since early December...

Also, Salai and Kindle have been TERRIBLE the past few games. Babcock needs to quiit playing them so damn much... Lidstrom and Kronners will be fine getting a little extra ice time and there is no reason why they don't with that pathetic play of the 3rd pairing. Still 2 periods to go so lets hope Babs can get the troops goin

#175 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,913 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

Yeah i think on the replay I counted 9 shots to Homer's back. I just figured it wasn't called because it's homer. Absolutely ridiculous.

The initial knockdown was Holmstrom's fault for skating ass first into him, but yeah, that was a bit much. Like they said, he didn't have two hands on the stick so technically it's not a crosscheck.

I just wish the Wings would punish guys in the corner and behind the net like that.

#176 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Did McToolGuire actually just say that reducing the roster size to 17 skaters would eliminate the "predatory" fighting?

Predatory players?

Posted Image

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#177 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

f*** Milbury and Pierre for these ***** suggestions.

:ranting:

These wimps need to go watch college basketball.

:clap:

#178 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Yes, hockey is used to police the game, but if people didn't like it in the game, it would absolutely be eliminated and the league would be trying to figure out other ways to police the game.

I didn't quite see that coming from Milbury.... but anything in regards to "having discipline" coming from his mouth just makes me :lol: .

I think they are correct in saying that if pointless brawls like this continue in the league, it could eventually lead to the removal of fighting all together. I don't want that.
Posted Image

#179 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

What's sad is that the opinions of these 2 buffoons are what's being fed to "America" in their Sunday national broadcast.
Can we get someone who isn't a total moron to be on these broadcasts?
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#180 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

Who wouldn't ever like fighting in any game? That's just not going to happen. People would enjoy fighting in football, basketball, soccer, whatever. That's a moot point.

The point is that enforcers in hockey were meant to protect the superstars. So, if you sent someone to run at a star, you knew there would be hell to pay. That's been restrained by the addition of the instigator rule, and look what's happened? More high quality talent sidelined than ever.