• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

In Ten Years From Now

Rate this topic

#1 - How many Stanley cups do you guys see us winning?

#2 - Is Jimmy Howard capable of winning a cup with this team?

Yes.

#3 - Will Kronwall still be on this roster?

No. :(

#4 - Will Chelios be re-signed :D?

Like somebody said as a coach :lol:

Are you asking these things such as "Will Jimmy Howard win a cup in ten years (2021)?" or any time in the next ten years?

regardless...

1.I would say at least 2 in total in the next 10 years.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. He will be with the team in some form.

Honestly? I see at least 3 Cups in the future. The Wings are just too talented, and the team and management handle transitions pretty well. I see the Wings winning at least one in the twilight of Datsyuk and Zetterberg's careers, plus one or two in the nearer term.

EDIT: And no, I don't see Howard as the future of the team's goaltending, though I see him sticking around as a backup for a few years. He CAN win the Cup, but he's too inconsistent. He'll remain until the Wings find someone better, likely a free agent signing this off-season.

Edited by VM1138

Honestly? I see at least 3 Cups in the future. The Wings are just too talented, and the team and management handle transitions pretty well. I see the Wings winning at least one in the twilight of Datsyuk and Zetterberg's careers, plus one or two in the nearer term.

EDIT: And no, I don't see Howard as the future of the team's goaltending, though I see him sticking around as a backup for a few years. He CAN win the Cup, but he's too inconsistent. He'll remain until the Wings find someone better, likely a free agent signing this off-season.

I think you'll be disappointed. Ken Holland is pretty set on young cheap goalies.

I'll say one more Cup, and this year, so a "Yes" to #2. After Lidstrom retires it'll set us back a bit.

A "No" to Kronwall being on the roster, and "Yes" to Cheli being in the organization somehow.

Also in the next 10 years we'll see numbers 5, 13, and 40 in the rafters, and maybe even 30.

Also in the next 10 years we'll see numbers 5, 13, and 40 in the rafters, and maybe even 30.

10 years?!?! Wow, man that is some high hopes there. I think we see one of those #'s in the rafters in the next 10 and here is hoping it takes a while for that one to go up there. Speaking #5 obviously.

#1) Maybe 1, hopefully at least 2, but I'll still be here rooting my heart out every night rgardless.

#2) No, but hopefully I am wrong. Mrazek might be able to, though. (We will see. I'm going to watch him on Feb 26 when he plays against the Spirit)

#3) Yes.

#4) Yes, except I think he'll be a coach.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Guest CaliWingsNut

I foresee the return of Forsberg on a cyborg ankle.

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. no

:blink:

At least 3 Cups?

:blink:

At least 3 Cups?

Yes. We did 4 in 11, why not 3 in 10? What's so ridiculous about that? Especially considering this is the most battle-tested team playoffs-wise in the league, which makes them uniquely prepared for long runs.

Even better, the team won 3 Cups in 6 years. No other team in the league has shown the sort of consistency needed to win multiple cups, which opens the field quite a bit.

Edited by VM1138

1 - Hopefully at least 1, realistically probably none. I know that this team is resilient and has dealt with a complete changing of the guard once before, but with Lidstrom's imminent departure and Pav and Z on the wrong side of their primes and an aging group overall, this team is going to be facing some serious challenges in the next decade. Hopefully guys like Tatar, Jarnkrok, Pulu, Smith, etc are up to the task of maintaining the legacy the way our current group has.

That said, I have all the faith in the world that Holland will continue to put a contender on the ice every season and I feel extremely fortunate for that.

2 - I believe that Detroit is capable of winning a cup with Howard, but I don't believe that Howard ever be a difference maker en route to the cup. If the Wings do win another one, I believe Howard would be painted with the same brush as Osgood and people would say they won in spite of him, not because of him.

3 - I believe Kronwall can be a part of this team as long as he doesn't price himself out or get too lofty in his expectations. I don't believe that Kronwall will ever be a true #1 defenseman in the NHL.

4 - Who knows, maybe one of his kids will end up on the squad ;)

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing

#1 - 1, possibly more if we have a couple breakout prospects

#2 - Any goalie is capable with a strong defense in front, so yes.

#3 - Yes, unless he is traded.

#4 - Only if his restaurant folds :hehe:

EDIT: For some reason I disregarded Kronwall being on the team in 10 years or more, and just thought in the next couple years. In 10 years, no. He'll be 40 in 10 years and I think he'll be retired before then.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

#1 - How many Stanley cups do you guys see us winning? 3

#2 - Is Jimmy Howard capable of winning a cup with this team? Yes, however I have a feeling after this season or next season we might give another goalie a chance between the pipes.

#3 - Will Kronwall still be on this roster? No, Kronwall seems to be fairly injury prone at his young age, so 10 years from now I doubt he'll even be in the league anymore.

#4 - Will Chelios be re-signed ? Without a doubt

1. Maaaaybe 2. As another poster said, once Lids retires I think thats going to set us back a lot. He is just someone who you can never replace.

Yes. He showed last year what he can do.

Yes.

#4 - Will Chelios be re-signed ?

Yup. As a coach :)

Yes. We did 4 in 11, why not 3 in 10? What's so ridiculous about that? Especially considering this is the most battle-tested team playoffs-wise in the league, which makes them uniquely prepared for long runs.

Even better, the team won 3 Cups in 6 years. No other team in the league has shown the sort of consistency needed to win multiple cups, which opens the field quite a bit.

We'd have to replace Lidstrom first. He won't be around for another 3 Cups.

Also, it's tougher to be a dynasty with a salary cap. We've done pretty well since the cap (better than anyone), but you can't just buy Cups anymore. Too much parity and hot goalies. Hence, we've seen some early exits the last 10 years.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk won't be around in 10 years. Hell, in 5 years, they'll both be well past their prime.

Now we can assume Holland (if he's still here) will try to bring in new stars like he did this past generation, but it's very unlikely we can continue to dominate. Every dynasty must end sometime. Will Ilitch even be alive in 10 years? Bottom line is that these 3 or more Cups would have to happen in the next few seasons. To say it will happen in 8 or 9 years is stretching it.

Edited by GMRwings1983