62 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

trade details..

My question is... Do they really need more forwards?!?!?

Edited by Majsheppard, 14 February 2011 - 06:20 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

Flyers are scary. <_<

Good move by the Leafs, they need all the picks they can get.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#3 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

20 goal scorer for 2 draft picks? i know ones a first rounder but...

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Mike Fisher and Versteeg are both worth first round picks and more eh?

This is why I am happy Holland is our GM. Sometimes the deals he doesn't make are the best.

Edited by Konnan511, 14 February 2011 - 06:24 PM.

• Nev likes this
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

Fixed.

And I suppose. Versteeg will be a real nice fit for this team. Philly just getting stronger.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

Fixed.

And I suppose. Versteeg will be a real nice fit for this team. Philly just getting stronger.

Damn you! I was in the process of editing it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

This is why I am happy Holland is our GM. Sometimes the deals he doesn't make are the best.

Well some 1st round picks dont even end up in the NHL. I suppose if they want a *sure* thing than yes this is a good deal.

#8 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

Damn you! I was in the process of editing it.

Posted Image Fans helping fans. It's a lovely concept.

Remaining on the topic, I guess, I hate the Flyers.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#9 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

A 1st and a 3rd for Versteeg is overpayment. Philly didn't want to give up a roster player.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#10 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Jesus that isn't even fair.

Posted Image

#11 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

Versteeg's gotta be a happy camper.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#12 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

A 1st and a 3rd for Versteeg is overpayment. Philly didn't want to give up a roster player.

I would assume its going to be a very late 1st round pick as they are currently going to end in the top 3 of the conference.

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Well some 1st round picks dont even end up in the NHL. I suppose if they want a *sure* thing than yes this is a good deal.

Agreed, they went with the win now at all costs approach for a decent young player.

Edited by Konnan511, 14 February 2011 - 06:36 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#14 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

wow Philly is going to be scary. If they weren't cup favorites before hand they defiantly are now assuming they go into the playoffs healthy.
That's really not much of a overpayment either(if any) imo. Hes young and is a proven 20 goal+ player with solid playoff numbers.

Edited by Original-Six, 14 February 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#15 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

So no matter your age, 40-55 point potential gets you at least a first and another early round draft pick. Seems steep.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#16 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

Agreed, they went with the win now at all costs approach for a decent young player.

he has more points than Filppula the last 2 seasons and i dont think kenny would give him up for a 1st and 3rd rounder, so i dont think they overpaid. maybe im wrong. i am a stupidhead after all.

So no matter your age, 40-55 point potential gets you at least a first and another early round draft pick. Seems steep.

He's 24 years old?

#17 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

Wow, they are going to completely roll over The Nucks in the finals.

#18 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

Wow, two good deals in a row by Burkie. Go figure, Flyers are looking good.

#NOMOREKINDL

#19 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

Considering the mish-mash of underwhelming prospects Burke gave up for Versteeg, getting a 1st rounder back is pretty good.

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

he has more points than Filppula the last 2 seasons and i dont think kenny would give him up for a 1st and 3rd rounder, so i dont think they overpaid. maybe im wrong. i am a stupidhead after all.

He's 24 years old?

Holland would turn that down because Filppula is the better player. Filppula is superior defensively, but Versteeg has a slight edge offensively.

Yes, he's 24? Mike Fisher got the same trade value and he's much older.

Wow, they are going to completely roll over The Nucks in the finals.

Ahhh crap, games are played on paper this year eh?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank