• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Canucks Dman Andrew Alberts out indefinitely

Rate this topic

7 points late in the season is hard to make up. But it certainly can be done, that 1st seed in the West could be really important in the long run. I dunno about people on here, but it was really weird starting a playoff series on the road last year, regardless of winning. I'd rather the home ice, especially with this team healthy.

7 points and there are still 30+ games left. They go on a 3 game losing streak and we go on a three game winning streak and we've now taken over the lead. You can't honestly tell me with an AHL defense they couldn't lose 3 games in a row and us not win 3 games in a row now that out line-up is almost entirely healthy?

7 points and there are still 30+ games left. They go on a 3 game losing streak and we go on a three game winning streak and we've now taken over the lead. You can't honestly tell me with an AHL defense they couldn't lose 3 games in a row and us not win 3 games in a row now that out line-up is almost entirely healthy?

I said it could be done. If the Boston games are any indication, when the Wings want to they are the best team in the West. And with Vancouver losing tonight, and another body, it's a huge oppertunity. You make a good point, with there defence situation losing a slew of games wouldnt be shocking. Go Wings Go, dont get me wrong, I want that number one seed! :D

vancouver will have their dmen healthy for the playoffs barring any more injuries, that is all they need

We will see. I don't see Edler coming back and Hamhuis and his concussion might sideline him for the season. Plus no one is ever fully healthy when comng back from a broken hand or foot unless your name is Pavel Datsyuk, and he still can't take faceoffs. I seem to be way more pessimistic than you i suppose. but I don't see them being "healthy" comes playoffs.

Jesus, that's awful. I honestly feel bad for Canuck fans with how many injuries they've got on the blue line.

Well, I do until we have to play them, or it's time for the playoffs. Then I'll giggle.

Edited by Theophany

Is that new math?? 3 games x 2 points each win = 7???

Plus, Vancouver has an uncanny ability to lose and still get a point just for showing up as can be seen in their OTL column. They always seem to give it the ol Phoenix try.

Actually, I think we really need to worry more about beating ourselves than losing to other teams. Babs needs to keep the threat of skating suicides fresh in our heads.

Edited by BigWillieStyle

Is that new math?? 3 games x 2 points each win = 7???

Plus, Vancouver has an uncanny ability to lose and still get a point just for showing up as can be seen in their OTL column. They always seem to give it the ol Phoenix try.

Actually, I think we really need to worry more about beating ourselves than losing to other teams. Babs needs to keep the threat of skating suicides fresh in our heads.

I should have clarified, that those two streaks will put us with the best win% in the West. And as for New Math....

NSFW:

7 points late in the season is hard to make up. But it certainly can be done, that 1st seed in the West could be really important in the long run. I dunno about people on here, but it was really weird starting a playoff series on the road last year, regardless of winning. I'd rather the home ice, especially with this team healthy.

It's hard but doable. If the Wings play consistently it'll probably happen in two or three weeks.

Edited by VM1138

Wings getting healthy, Vancouver breaking down = 1st seed in the West for the Wings.

Even if we don't pass them, we will still be in good shape. I don't see Vancouver getting to the conference finals. They have no scoring depth and Lou has always had a hard time in the playoffs.

40% of their points come from 3 guys. Compare that to the Wings who have only 30% from the top three guys...

If they finish #1 and us #2, the only time that we wouldn't have home ice would be if we played each other in the conference finals and I don't see that happening.

As far as the SCF who knows what will happen in the East. My bet is Philly will win the east but you never know...

Whoever Wins the West wins the President's Cup. The way Detroit and Vancouver are playing, there is no way someone from the East takes it. Wings are 7 points down, have 1 game in hand and don't have everyone healthy. That can very easily be overtaken and built upon. Our D steps up and the offense produces like it did against Boston, no way we don't take home ice all the way through.

LGW

In the WCF, if we focus all our energy on shutting down Sedins/Kesler, we should be able to win 2-1, 1-0 every game. Our third and fourth lines are unrivaled in the West and if our top two lines shuts their top two lines down completely-ish, we should be golden...but that is a very tall order and very back breaking.

In the WCF, if we focus all our energy on shutting down Sedins/Kesler, we should be able to win 2-1, 1-0 every game. Our third and fourth lines are unrivaled in the West and if our top two lines shuts their top two lines down completely-ish, we should be golden...but that is a very tall order and very back breaking.

Certainly easier said than done. In the three games they've played so far this season Daniel has 3G 1A, Henrik 1G 4A, and Kesler 0G 6A.

Even if we don't pass them, we will still be in good shape. I don't see Vancouver getting to the conference finals. They have no scoring depth and Lou has always had a hard time in the playoffs.

40% of their points come from 3 guys. Compare that to the Wings who have only 30% from the top three guys...

Suggesting that a team is offensively challenged when it leads the league in goals scored is like telling someone who doesn't know any better that Yao Ming is "not a midget".

And I assume you're talking about the Sedins and Kesler? Burrows has started scoring a great deal more and is currently on the NHL's longest point streak, Sammy (you remember him) is also hot with something like 16 points in his last 9 games. Mason Raymond is also racking up the points.

The Canucks also lead the league in GF/GA differential by a fairly wide margin and have the best powerplay in the league. Again, suggesting that the Canucks are offensively challenged borders on the ludicrous.

The offense of the Canucks is the least of our worries. With the current injuries we have on defence we are undoubtedly going to take a hit in the standings. Before last nights game we were also first in goals against but that is pretty obviously going to take a hit in the near future. I don't really care if the Wings pass us -- all I really care about is that we have our injured defencemen back in time for the playoffs. They are expected to all return, and if the stars align and they do, we will ice our best defence lineup all year at the perfect time. If we can improve on a defence that has already led the league in GA this year, then the Canucks will be formidable in the playoffs.

As for Luongo, he's played 6 playoff series in three separate years and has a 2.55 GAA and a .919 save percentage. Very respectable numbers. And that's not to mention the fact that he's having his best year since 2007 when he was the only reason the offensively challenged Canucks made it two rounds deep into the playoffs in the first place.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Sedins show up for regular season, they are ghosts come playoff time.

Sedins show up for regular season, they are ghosts come playoff time.

If averaging more than a point per game each the last two playoffs is not showing up, you're right.

The Canucks are offensively challenged - the Sedins are ghosts in the playoffs. Sheesh - I thought you guys were knowledgeable around here.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

If averaging more than a point per game each the last two playoffs is not showing up, you're right.

The Canucks are offensively challenged - the Sedins are ghosts in the playoffs. Sheesh - I thought you guys were knowledgeable around here.

Still see 0 Cups in Vancouver. Scary scary team but they strike fear into no one once playoffs roll around. Being owned by 1 team in 2 consecutive seasons proves against every single little tidbit you have presented. This season we shall see what the Nucks can do to prove otherwise.

Well the Sedins weren't even the leading scorer for the Nucks last playoffs.. And big deal one playoff they show up.. Nucks are winning the cup :rolleyes: