#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Looks great Matt :thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 VikingMark

VikingMark

Swedish "D"

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

I like it too.

#3 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Me gusta.

Good stuff, Matt.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

I like it.

Not too crazy about th giant white bar at the very top.
Posted Image

The news feed looks a little out of place?
The "next page" "previous page thing is a little obscure.
But on a scale of 1-10, I give the new skin an 8 :D
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

I like the change of pace. The banner on top is awesome, but I feel like there's too much white. Its kind of overwhelming because as you scroll through the threads there isn't a whole lot of color to balance things out. Just my .02 though.

#6 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

There's still some work to do, but adjustments have to be made after this goes live because some template features are difficult to test unless in a live environment (different membership groups see different things).

The large white bar up at the top contains one of the site's leaderboard ads, which would be visible if AdBlock wasn't running. (This site increasingly costs more to run, therefore they are an unfortunate necessary evil, and I would genuinely appreciate your support.) There is a space below where the ad is in that white bar, and it's the placeholder for the main site drop-down menus. Since that portion of the site is still a work in progress that menu isn't yet viewable.

I'll likely be tinkering a bit more with this, but this is what I've been going hardcore on the last week.

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

That makes sense, I'm so use to having adblocker running that I never would have guessed there were ads :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

I find that the posts in threads blend into one another too much. Also, it appears that you are using the Museo font? It looks nice for headers, but not for the small usernames.

#9 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:38 AM

Quite like it. :)

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#10 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

I like this new set up. The white background is easier on the eyes which I never really realized until seeing it now. I actually think this looks more colorful because now all the avatars and signatures pop out more with the white background.

Great job Matt! :clap:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#11 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

I like the change of pace. The banner on top is awesome, but I feel like there's too much white. Its kind of overwhelming because as you scroll through the threads there isn't a whole lot of color to balance things out. Just my .02 though.

I kinda like the look because it's cleaner. Or something... :lookaround:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#12 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Looks alright.

Like other said, I think its too much white though, not enough red.

Also, may I make a suggestion?

Whatever the font is that the user names appear in red, to the left of the posts in the forum, should be changed, IMO. Its a pretty strange font, and people with small monitors, or not the greatest eyes, will see letters like lower case a and e as nothing but fully filled in red circles, making it a bit difficult on the eyes and to read.

Edited by sleepwalker, 15 February 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#13 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Reminds me of the old days having the White as the main color with the red trim. Trying to get that late 90's feel to it Posted Image

I can dig it.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#14 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

I like this new set up. The white background is easier on the eyes which I never really realized until seeing it now. I actually think this looks more colorful because now all the avatars and signatures pop out more with the white background.

Great job Matt! :clap:

Its interesting that you mention that, because I remember reading somewhere that its typically easier to read light font over a dark background than it is dark on light.

#15 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Its interesting that you mention that, because I remember reading somewhere that its typically easier to read light font over a dark background than it is dark on light.

Not when you get old. If I have to read white print on a dark background I either have to increase the size of the font (if on computer) or get my reading glasses.

#16 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

Not when you get old. If I have to read white print on a dark background I either have to increase the size of the font (if on computer) or get my reading glasses.

Thanks Karen, so that means you're saying I'm old? :rolleyes: :lol:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#17 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

I presume there's gonna be some darker skins coming soon..

These bright colors made me turn my brightness, gamma, and contrast all down on desktop and laptops.

Kinda withholding overall feelings 'til I peruse more of this new layout.

Edited by Shoreline, 16 February 2011 - 01:41 AM.

#18 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

Don't know if it's just me, but the site seems to be taking a hit on my computer speed. i use to be able to load a thread and scroll instantly, now I need to wait for the entire thread to load and then some or else when i mouse scroll the page jumps everywhere.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#19 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

Same thing happens with me, especially on my laptop at home last night.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

I think it has to do with the BC Chat combined with the news need. maybe only have that news on the main page instead of every page?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users