• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Will he wont he?

Rate this topic

Ok, with the deadline approaching are we likely to see any roster changes not within the camp?

With Stuy looking likely in the line up Thursday and Mike maybe 2 weeks away, will these be the

only additions to the playing roster. With everyone fit I think Kenny feels we have enough to

go deep into the playoffs as it is. I can't see us brining anyone in, what do you guys think?

I wouldn't mind us getting in Voracek from the BlueJax as he is out of contract(10/11)

and I hear that Columbus are looking to change things up and he could be moved.

I think Holland said if the d hasn't shown up by the deadline then he will look for a defenseman

I wouldn't mind adding one solid d-man as long as we don't have to give up too much. Would be nice to have some more insurance in case of injury. And to me, Kindl is far from insurance.

Last night on NHL on the Fly Holland got interviewed via phone about the trade deadline. He said with Stuart coming back for thursday's game, Modano coming back roughly 2 weeks, and Osgood coming back soon to fulfill the gap with backup goalie (I thought MacDonald was perfectly fine IMO) he wasn't so sure he would have to make any moves. He said he was still in talks with other GM's who were sellers and he wanted to see what was out there but it's not so much of a NEED for him at this time. He wants to see how the back-end improves with Stuart's return firstly.

I can understand why some people would want Holland to add a defenseman or potentially a back up goalie because of a potential injury or potential rust with Osgood but with the prices teams have paid in trades so far I just can't wrap my mind around being cool with it when the Wing's don't need those things. Those types of players could help but they aren't needs.

Plus, the problem would be to add a piece like that we'd have to sacrifice a roster player. Once everyone is healthy we'd have to move someone (hopefully to GR) via the wire and any one you choose would most likely get picked up. So you'd be most likely look at Miller getting picked up. We'd sacrifice forward depth for defense/goaltending depth. Pick your poison really

I think we Stuart coming back, our defense is just fine.

I mean...

Lids - Stuart

Kronner - Raffi

E - Salei

Kindl

...to me, that defense is stacked. The only questionable guy in that group is Kindl, but he won't be playing much with Stuart back.

I'm also confident that Ozzie will hold up well after getting rid of the rust that will obviously be there.

Edited by zombi

Last night on NHL on the Fly Holland got interviewed via phone about the trade deadline. He said with Stuart coming back for thursday's game, Modano coming back roughly 2 weeks, and Osgood coming back soon to fulfill the gap with backup goalie (I thought MacDonald was perfectly fine IMO) he wasn't so sure he would have to make any moves. He said he was still in talks with other GM's who were sellers and he wanted to see what was out there but it's not so much of a NEED for him at this time. He wants to see how the back-end improves with Stuart's return firstly.

nice to hear him say the same thing that he mentioned a week or 2 ago. :thumbup: I think i read it in an mlive article. he wanted to see if the back end improved with stuart coming back, and then he'd reasses the situation.

Chances are he has a few deals in mind, and if the defense doesnt shape up by the deadline, he'll pull the trigger.

Edited by nate94gt

I don't see Kenny making any changes in the roster. If we are still having problems on D then it might happen but with Stewie comming back and some partner switching thing should get better.

I think it would have to come down to finding a solid, rent-a-player D-man for the playoffs that could provide a safety net for Rusty or Big E. I don't see Kenny givng up a prospect though, maybe a 3rd round pick at most. If we're talking trading prospects off, I think the deal has to be for someone that would be a clear upgrade over those two and Kindl & it would have to be someone under contract for next year at least or someone Kenny thinks he can sign for longer.

I just don't see either scenario playing out though. It's more than likely going to be a quiet deadline again in Hockeytown.

There is a 120% chance he does not come here. If Versteeg gets a 1st and 3rd, Boggo would get at least two first 1sts.

I doubt anything happens - but they would probably be looking for actual roster players and not just picks.

Bogosian for Hudler and a pick.

We can only dream.

That wouldn't be good for Atlanta. They like to be at or near the cap floor. Hudlers contract plus ButtMuffin's new contract will put them well above the cap floor, not something they like doing.

Not sure of Bogo's bonuses, but if they involve the playoffs or winning and we do, we'd carry his almost 2.5 million penalty against the cap, including w/e penaltys we get already.

We won't get him, not this season atleast.