• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Duchene Out Indefinitely

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Link.

The Avs have lost eight straight games, and now their best forward is out. I think they're screwed. Sacco may be gone.

seems like an exorbitant amount of injuries happening all over the league this year, especially with big name players.

It's been like that the past few years. With the lack of respect amongst players nowadays, this is what we can expect going forward unless the league makes a change.

Guest Crymson

It's been like that the past few years. With the lack of respect amongst players nowadays, this is what we can expect going forward unless the league makes a change.

Back in my day, kids would open doors for senior citizens...

Duchene was hit in the hand by a shot. Malkin was very unfortunate that Myers slipped and hit him the way that he did. Parise's injury was just a freak accident that aggravated a previous condition with his knee. Markov just had a bummed out knee to begin with (thank you Matt Cooke). Only Markov's injury might apply to "lack of respect" but that occurred last playoffs and it wasn't really a dirty hit.

I cant think of any other big name players to go down, maybe you could provide some that were a result of a 'lack of respect'.

Closer to home we have Datsyuk, Modano, Homer all going down due to accidents that caused injury. Only Stuart's broken jaw was a result of a "lack of respect".

Duchene was hit in the hand by a shot. Malkin was very unfortunate that Myers slipped and hit him the way that he did. Parise's injury was just a freak accident that aggravated a previous condition with his knee. Markov just had a bummed out knee to begin with (thank you Matt Cooke). Only Markov's injury might apply to "lack of respect" but that occurred last playoffs and it wasn't really a dirty hit.

I cant think of any other big name players to go down, maybe you could provide some that were a result of a 'lack of respect'.

Closer to home we have Datsyuk, Modano, Homer all going down due to accidents that caused injury. Only Stuart's broken jaw was a result of a "lack of respect".

Martin's center-ice blindside punch, Ove's plethora of knee-on-knee hits, Gilles' headshot and subsequent punch after the player went down, Cooke's constant BS, Tootoo, Avery....guys of the like. Not even to mention most of this garbage has been since the beginning of 2011. Of course there's a list a mile long of players that have gone down by freak accidents, but the list is just as long with players dolling out shots due to a lack of respect. Do you honestly believe respect amongst players hasn't significantly dropped since the lockout?

Guest Crymson

Steckel's hit on Crosby for one, Ove's plethora of knee-on-knee hits, Martin's center-ice blindside punch, Gilles' headshot and subsequent punch after the player went down, Cooke's constant BS, Tootoo, Avery....guys of the like. Not even to mention most of this garbage has been since the beginning of 2011. Of course there's a list a mile long of players that have gone down by freak accidents, but the list is just as long with players dolling out shots due to a lack of respect. Do you honestly believe respect amongst players hasn't significantly dropped since the lockout?

I don't think Steckel intentionally hit Crosby. It looked to me like an innocent collision that Crosby simply got the worst of. Are you thinking of Meszaros?

I don't think Steckel intentionally hit Crosby. It looked to me like an innocent collision that Crosby simply got the worst of. Are you thinking of Meszaros?

I must have been, because thinking back to it...Steckel's hit was unintentional. I've removed it from my post, but it doesn't change the multitude of other examples I gave and everything else that happens on a daily basis in today's NHL. Just ask any player in game, they'll all tell you the respect amongst players has dwindled dramatically. It's not to say there aren't plenty of respectful players, but there's far more now that aren't then there ever has been.

Steckel's hit on Crosby in the WC was anything but unintentional.

Steckel's hit may or may not have been unintentional. Either away, I've removed it from my post, but it doesn't change everything else that happens on a daily basis in the NHL. Just ask any player in game, they'll all tell you the respect amongst players has dwindled dramatically. It's not to say there aren't plenty of examples of respectful players, but there's far more that aren't now there there ever has been.