• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/17 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Lightning 2

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

Like I said before, the Flyers won't make it out of the first round.

get real. flyers will destroy whoever ends up in the 8 spot.

Who will Oiler them?

Also, I didn't realize the 2006 Wings created a new hockey phrase.

The carolina hurricanes, provided the don't sell half their team at the deadline.

Every game these teams have played have been extremely tight. If Ward shuts the door then they'll have trouble matching him save for save using who they've got in net.

Guest Crymson

Finally, we're starting to look like a Cup contender on defense. We had one bad turnover by Rafalski, but other than that, I thought they team looked good again. The offense will be there as long as we're healthy. Things are shaping up well.

Meh... Hedman is one of the tallest defensemen in the league, and he barely caught that clearing attempt. If it were 90% of the other defensemen in the league, that puck would have been out.

Just got back from the game, wow. I've never been to a game at Joe Louis, but I imagine there couldn't be many more Wings fans at those games as there were at the game tonight, every section was filled with red. Every time someone tried to start up a Lets Go Lightning chant, it was drowned out by Lets Go Red Wings within 2 bars. Even saw a few octopi on the ice, and props to the guy on the Lightning ice crew who twirled the 'pi over his head on his way off the ice. Only thing that would have made it better for me is if Flip had played, and if Pavs had completed the trick, I've always wanted to throw a hat on the ice.

Hedman is 6'6" and can reach to a height of probably 7"4 without jumping. It's not easy to flip the puck over such a person. That puck would have gotten past 80% of the defensemen in this league.

Ericsson could have gotten rid of that puck easily. However, in true form of the boneheaded plays he frequently makes when the team is up, he decided to play puck possession instead. It's beyond me why he made a no-look pass up the middle rather than just dumping it up the boards.

I believe when at all possible you try very hard not to clear the puck up the middle, whether it be in the air, or on the ice. Rafalski is a fine defenseman but he is often a bonehead at clearing the puck.

Just got back from the game, wow. I've never been to a game at Joe Louis, but I imagine there couldn't be many more Wings fans at those games as there were at the game tonight, every section was filled with red. Every time someone tried to start up a Lets Go Lightning chant, it was drowned out by Lets Go Red Wings within 2 bars. Even saw a few octopi on the ice, and props to the guy on the Lightning ice crew who twirled the 'pi over his head on his way off the ice. Only thing that would have made it better for me is if Flip had played, and if Pavs had completed the trick, I've always wanted to throw a hat on the ice.

Glad you had such a good time. I know it certainly sounded like JLA on the TV! If I had been able to go, I had wondered if I would be one of just a few Wings fans, but I'm surprised and happy to see so many down in TB. And I thought I heard the "Let's Go Wings" chant louder than the Lightning chant! :clap:

haha what a play. CLeary fighting off the desperate swipe, drawing another defender and dishing it to hudler with a beautiful feed to datsyuk with a beautiful goal.

That whole play was one of the best I've seen in a long time. :thumbup:

Guest stinky fish taco

You get real.

The Flyers are going to get Oiler'd and I'm going to point at all of you and laugh for doubting me ever.

let's put some cash on this. you game?

Meh... Hedman is one of the tallest defensemen in the league, and he barely caught that clearing attempt. If it were 90% of the other defensemen in the league, that puck would have been out.

But he did catch it. So it was pretty brutal. It's not like Rafalski didn't know a 6'6 monster was standing between him and a clear sheet of ice.

Roflski take way too much s*** around here but that play hurt to watch.

Guest blueadams

Wings win 6-2

Z gets 2 assists.

Ends up being -2 on the night.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

wouldn't that make him even, at worst?

8th in the league in points though! :o

Don't short change the man, tied for seventh (f*** that games in hand s***). ;)

His goal scoring is way down but he's on pace to smash his previous mark for assists. In fact he's third in the league in assists right now, if you can believe it. As long as the puck keeps going into the net, I'm okay with it.

Uncle Mikey says

That might have been the biggest I've ever seen in all the years I've been here. On the road we've had some unbelievable crowds' date=' but tonight, that was a good crowd.[/quote']
Edited by Nev