• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/17 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Lightning 2

Rate this topic

Just looked at the box score for the game.

Anyone else realize that Howard made 38 saves tonight? Sure as hell didn't feel that way to me (which speaks to better defense on our part - causing weaker/poorer shots by Tampa).

It felt to me like he had a pretty easy night. The 2 goals definitely weren't his fault at all.

Anyone else realize that Howard made 38 saves tonight?

Wow! That is pretty amazing. It seemed like we were in control of the entire game. TB got a surge in the second when they scored those two goals, but aside from that, it felt like we were on their end the whole night.

So happy I got to see this game. Thank God Center Ice was doing a free preview this week (although I can do without seeing Crosby score on Howard every single freaking time there's a commercial break. "If Crosby lights the lamp in Pittsburgh, will anyone in the rest of the world give crap?"). It was a fun game to watch. My three year old was up at 5am watching the replay. :lol:

Edited by xtrememachine1

I agree w/ xtrememachine1, howard was a STUD on the ice last night. I did get a little worried during the 2nd period when tampa had those two back to back goals, but my fear was completely dissapated when our wings stepped up huge and put another 4 goals on net. Best part was the octopus toss lol!

Did anyone else see Babcock and Hudler after Datsyuk's second goal? Babcock was in his ear on the bench and he was getting kind of intense. I couldn't tell if he was pissed or just fired up after that sick goal.

I'm actually kind of annoyed I missed this game, but I'm still happy to see the Wings managed to win, and win big. I'm sure a small part of it was probably strange for Steve, but it's just business, and no matter where he ends up, Detroit will always be home.

Glad I caught the game, what a cracker that was. Unfortunately for some reason I couldn't access the FSD feed through my Slingbox so had to make do with the Tampa Bay version via ESPN America.

Its not the same watching the Red Wings without Redmond and Daniels.