• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#21 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

I just read the first bit of news as "Crosby sure he'll retire this year" and I had no idea how to react. You rock, Hockeytown.

Is there any validity to this statement or did I just get super excited for nothing? Cause if this is a joke, this is the meanest joke I have ever been the butt of.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#22 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

Aaaand now I gotta put that in the DVD player. The UNedited version, obviously.

Stuart back?

LGW

He is. Detroit lines updated.

Is there any validity to this statement or did I just get super excited for nothing? Cause if this is a joke, this is the meanest joke I have ever been the butt of.

He read it wrong, although Crosby has recently admitted that he might not be able to play this year.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#23 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

3-1 Wings... Datsyuk, Cleary, and Kronwall with the goals, I'll go out on a limb and say Stamkos will have the goal for the Lightning
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

He is. Detroit lines updated.

He read it wrong, although Crosby has recently admitted that he might not be able to play this year.

Awwwww man!!! Okay...I'm going to cancel my party plans. I have to say this is a let down of a small degree! I mean with Crosby gone for the rest of the season, what are Pierre and Doc going to talk about for the rest of the season?!?
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#25 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'll be there, and we better win!
No Stevie-Y man love from me tonight.
Should be 50/50 crowd tonight, if your there you better be loud, "LETS GO WINGS"

#26 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

It was an awesome hit! Only thing wrong w/ it was that a redwing was on the receiving end!

You couldnt be any more right about that. monster and clean hit. no hard feelings there..
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#27 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

So my professor just walked by and said Go Lightening!........

Is it bad that I am contemplating walking out of his class?

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

please, watch out for Ohlund. We all remember what happened last year right ?

Caught Zetterberg putting himself in a bad position.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#29 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

I mean with Crosby gone for the rest of the season, what are Pierre and Doc going to talk about for the rest of the season?!?

Crosby, duh :P

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#30 heretic69

heretic69

Only the Sith deal in absolutes

• Gold Booster
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

The good: I'll be there. I usually don't wear hats to games, but I had a feeling I should today.

The bad: The Wings winning percentage when I attend is about .250, the last one being the 8-0 drubbing in Nashville. Also, I can't find my hat. :(

EDIT-Hat found by wonderful wife! Crisis averted!

Edited by heretic69, 17 February 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#31 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Just win boys. Also, NO INJURIES!!!!! kkthxbye

I hope this group shows up before the game: Plus 1 if you know why ;)
Posted Image

Ha ha. Lightning Thief. So does that make Stevie Zeus? :lol: Or if the Wings win, are they demi-gods?

I was going to be heading to Florida and going to this game, but of course, that didn't happen. Oh, well. Have a great game, boys, and let's start stringing these good games together! GO WINGS!

P.S. My dad is a snowbird in Florida, and I told him that his GM and his team better be nice to my team.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 17 February 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#32 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

That Ohlund hit was a thing of beauty, but I remember just CRINGING when it happened. The second it occurred I just KNEW that Z would be injured, especially given all the other injuries at the time.

I think it made him a better player, now he knows to keep his head up against his own countrymen!

I already said it in this thread, but I'll say it again:

LGW!!!!

PS. Thanks for the GDT as always, Hockeytown.
Posted Image

#33 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

I reaaaaalllly wish these games were scheduled during the second week in March because I'm going to be in the area for Spring Break. I totally would have gone to both, and I probably would have been relatively neutral with an Yzerman jersey on. Oh well...no sympathy for the Captain tonight, let's keep the streak alive.

LGW.

Posted Image

#34 Red_wings4life

Red_wings4life

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

The good: I'll be there. I usually don't wear hats to games, but I had a feeling I should today.

The bad: The Wings winning percentage when I attend is about .250, the last one being the 8-0 drubbing in Nashville. Also, I can't find my hat. :(

EDIT-Hat found by wonderful wife! Crisis averted!

LMAO! See u there. I get email on my phone, if u want email me when ur there and we can pregame w/ some brews.
brycechapman@hotmail.com

So my professor just walked by and said Go Lightening!........

Is it bad that I am contemplating walking out of his class?

hahah did you walk out?

#35 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

Not super excited about the Ericsson - Rafalski pairing, but glad to have Stuart back. I get the feeling this could be another high-scoring game.

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

Welcome back Stuie!!! You were seriously missed. Going to be a tough one but I am very excited about this one for a while. Ready to see what the boys have on this mini road trip. Let's hear them FLA Wings fans loud and clear!

Wings get the W 4-2 (Franzen x 2, Bert, Hudler)

Get it done! Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#37 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for the GDT, Hockeytown.

Stuart being back nets us a win, 2-1 Wings.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#38 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

Can't wait for tonights game!

4+ days between games is wayyy too long. I feel like a crackhead waiting for a hit.

lol

#39 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Only time that i root against Stevie is when the Lightning play our Wings GO WINGS!!!!!! Good to see Stewie back btw :thumbup:
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Not super excited about the Ericsson - Rafalski pairing, but glad to have Stuart back. I get the feeling this could be another high-scoring game.

They've played together 80% of the time and they both have the two highest +/- on the team. I think they are perfect together.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".