• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Hudler Haters - Don't let facts get in the way...

Rate this topic

yes, he had a HORRIBLE start, but more than a quarter of the season since - look at the numbers:

Over the last 22 games:

22GP 5G 14A 19P +5

Some people will continue to hate him, but as was touched on in last nights telecast, Cleary, Datsyuk and Hudler have developed some amazing chemistry and that pass last night to Dats was pure beauty...

Hate all you want, but it's really starting to look like the guy just needed to get back up to NHL speed, and he has been one of our best players over the last 20+ games...

i think huds has been great lately, still not earning his salary, but he works hard out there. I've seen him stripping pucks off guys and skating as hard as he can. Looks decent on the pp. i expect those stats to go up, because he has only played a few games with dats over that 22 game span, and if he keeps getting to play with him, they could skyrocket.

i think huds has been great lately, still not earning his salary, but he works hard out there. I've seen him stripping pucks off guys and skating as hard as he can. Looks decent on the pp. i expect those stats to go up, because he has only played a few games with dats over that 22 game span, and if he keeps getting to play with him, they could skyrocket.

He's been on almost a point per game clip since just before New Year... that's worth 2.8 a year to me and I agree, I think his numbers could get even better if Babs keeps him on a line with Pavel

Edited by stevkrause

I am glad. Maybe next year (if he isn't traded) he will actually earn his money. Of course then he'll probably want even more to re-sign. I hope he finishes strong and has huge trade potential in the off season... Not hating, just saying...

Edited by LeftWinger

Yeah, hes picked it up for sure and is looking a lot more confident, but IMO still not worth the $3 mil we're paying him.

Also, nobody "hated" Hudler. That term gets thrown around on the internet way too much. Disagree even slightly with someone or something, and you are automatically a "hater" these days.

Wait... who has hated on him the last couple fortnights? I think all of LGW is in agreement he turned the corner about a fortnight ago.

I still haven't completely forgiven you for sullying my screen with that abomination of an avatar before I blocked it, but you get bonus points for using the phrase fortnight

:thumbup:

He actually turned the corner about 3 fortnights ago...

I still haven't completely forgiven you for sullying my screen with that abomination of an avatar before I blocked it, but you get bonus points for using the phrase fortnight

:thumbup:

He actually turned the corner about 3 fortnights ago...

I'M SORRY!!!!! It's an homage to Edi :P

How often can you work fortnight into a conversation? I saw my opportunity and I took it.

It's been about a baker's dozen worth of games that he's really turned on the juice.

I'M SORRY!!!!! It's an homage to Edi :P

How often can you work fortnight into a conversation? I saw my opportunity and I took it.

It's been about a baker's dozen worth of games that he's really turned on the juice.

haha, exactly, I like to use it whenever I can!

and it's almost been 2 bakers dozens worth of games :hehe:

I've always thought he performed well for his ice time. He certainly did start slowly this year, but since putting him with Pavel seems to be working well, I say they need to keep him off that antepenultimate line.

Why are people saying that he's suddenly gotten better since Pavel got back?

He's been putting up points and playing well since before Pavel got back.

Had he been putting up points as he is from the start of the season, he'd be on a 70 point pace. How is that kind of scoring not worth $2.8 mil?

Hell, he's still likely to get into the 40 point area, which is what Filppula gets and no one rips him for his $3 mil cap hit. :ph34r:

Why are people saying that he's suddenly gotten better since Pavel got back?

He's been putting up points and playing well since before Pavel got back.

Doesn't exactly hurt the cause, though. I don't think people are saying ONLY because of Pav, as that is said more in a joking manner. But with Clears and Pavel he truly seems to be producing on a nightly basis again. Whatever it is, I am glad to see it.