• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Hudler Haters - Don't let facts get in the way...

Rate this topic

he's still likely to get into the 40 point area, which is what Filppula gets and no one rips him for his $3 mil cap hit. :ph34r:

But Flip offers a lot more in areas other than pure offense that help justify his salary. (FYI however, I think Huds has played great lately and the last month and a half has really earned his contract).

Why are people saying that he's suddenly gotten better since Pavel got back?

He's been putting up points and playing well since before Pavel got back.

Had he been putting up points as he is from the start of the season, he'd be on a 70 point pace. How is that kind of scoring not worth $2.8 mil?

Hell, he's still likely to get into the 40 point area, which is what Filppula gets and no one rips him for his $3 mil cap hit. :ph34r:

Don't know if serious......

Filppula gets hated on the most of any of the Wings' forwards.

Don't know if serious......

Filppula gets hated on the most of any of the Wings' forwards.

Yeah, hence the :ph34r: icon.

That was me being sarcastic.

In clearing that up, though, I also think Hudler is vastly underestimated, how well he's been playing. He's been playing really well in the past couple months.

Then again, I'm also a guy who thinks that Filppula is easily worth his $3 mil salary.

i wont hold my breath but it will be interesting to see what kind of numbers he puts up once everyone is healthy and he's back on the third/fourth line.

I doubt they break up the H-D-C line if it keeps producing, Babs like to read the hot lines.

Edited by Shaman464

he has played a lot better lately. he is at least starting to earn some of his cap hit. i think the super slow start will mean he was a bad value contract unless he puts together a huge playoffs or something. but at least he's turned it around enough to not be a total loss.

the nice part for me though, is that once you look past the first few games when that 3rd line was beyond awful, he has been a plus player. because he started off with like -6 in the first 6 games, he is still a bit negative, but he is no longer worst on the team. so that makes me happy.

9299265-large.jpg

"Stick with me kid, you'll go far"

Hudler turned the corner and started playing first-line hockey on December 27th. Datsyuk was injured December 22nd and came back on February 6th. That's a 17-game span where Hudler was tearing it up while Datsyuk was injured. Yet Datsyuk gets credit for it?

Hudler turned the corner and started playing first-line hockey on December 27th. Datsyuk was injured December 22nd and came back on February 6th. That's a 17-game span where Hudler was tearing it up while Datsyuk was injured. Yet Datsyuk gets credit for it?

'Tearing it up' is one way of putting it. :P He scored 12 points in 17 games between those two dates; certainly very respectable, about where he ought to be using his prior season as reference.

He has played better since joining Datsyuk, with 8 points in 6 games. This isn't exactly a shocking revelation, I don't think he's ever skated a regular shift with Datsyuk, and in combination with Cleary this is far and away the best line he's ever been on.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Yes. He sure does. Now learn to like it.

'Tearing it up' is one way of putting it. :P He scored 12 points in 17 games between those two dates; certainly very respectable, about where he ought to be using his prior season as reference.

He has played better since joining Datsyuk, with 8 points in 6 games. This isn't exactly a shocking revelation, I don't think he's ever skated a regular shift with Datsyuk, and in combination with Cleary this is far and away the best line he's ever been on.

Hudler has never skated a regular shift with Datsyuk. Or Cleary (until early this season). Or Modano (see Cleary). Or Zetterberg. Or Holmstrom, Franzen, or Bertuzzi. The only top-six level forwards on this team, and there are many, who Hudler has played regular shifts with before this season is Filppula.

Hudler has typically been banished to the third and fourth lines because he doesn't fit Babcock's "idea" of what a top-six forward "should be" in that he's not big, strong, and fast. Never mind the fact that he has enough talent to play on many teams' first lines and is capable of playing all three positions. Never mind that while he's not a Selke winner, he is decent defensively' this would be much more noticeable if he played for a team with defensively s***ty forwards like, say, Toronto.

LOL! Some posts just amaze me! It's always back and forth with you people! Huds sucks, Huds is doing awesome, oh, Huds sucks again..........

Beside the veteran players and those that are truly outstanding at what they do..........isn't everyother player, awesome, then not, then oh...they're doing awesome again?! True sillyness!

He is earning is measly $2.8M....in fact, he would probably be even BETTER than he is now, if he would have been given what he deserved in the first place and never left to go to Russia AND Babs put him on the line that all us Hudler Supporters have been talking about the past few years! Could you even imagine? 1 pt per game now....just think of what" could have been" if Babs let Leino go and kept Huds. But, what could've been, never will be.

AND WHY would you want to trade someone that is putting up 1pt per game?! Break up the chemistry before playoffs?! Some people just aren't right in the head.

Huds, you're making me proud! Keep on Keeping On!

I don't know that there's many here who actually hate Hudler. Sure, there's a few.

For the first half of the season, most people were just saying he was awful, which he absolutely was. And hoped he would get better, which he did.

Hopefully he'll keep playing the way he has lately and we'll never see the crappy incarnation of Hudler from the first part of the season again.

Hudlers skating looks so much improved from early in the season. The game comes so much easier when you can get yourself into the right positions. It's important to note that Datsyuk doesn't mind slowing the play, which also helps Hudler be and impact player every shift.

LOL! Some posts just amaze me! It's always back and forth with you people! Huds sucks, Huds is doing awesome, oh, Huds sucks again..........

Beside the veteran players and those that are truly outstanding at what they do..........isn't everyother player, awesome, then not, then oh...they're doing awesome again?! True sillyness!

He is earning is measly $2.8M....in fact, he would probably be even BETTER than he is now, if he would have been given what he deserved in the first place and never left to go to Russia AND Babs put him on the line that all us Hudler Supporters have been talking about the past few years! Could you even imagine? 1 pt per game now....just think of what" could have been" if Babs let Leino go and kept Huds. But, what could've been, never will be.

AND WHY would you want to trade someone that is putting up 1pt per game?! Break up the chemistry before playoffs?! Some people just aren't right in the head.

Huds, you're making me proud! Keep on Keeping On!

You dont think Hudler is getting the money he deserves right now? Are you crazy?

And you have to earn getting on a good line, he did nothing until the injuries started, sure he has chemistry now but he didnt earn his ice time

Yay, another thread where people who dislike Hudler and the one poster who obsessively loves him get to yell and shout at each other. These people know who they are.

Yes, I am dripping with sarcasm.

Yes, I know I sound like I am the forum police here with this post.

No, I don't really care.

Yes, I am happy that Hudler is playing well lately. Will be interesting to see if this continues when Modano and Flipper get back and/or whenever lines get juggled the next time they do. That's all I got to say.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Hudlers skating looks so much improved from early in the season. The game comes so much easier when you can get yourself into the right positions. It's important to note that Datsyuk doesn't mind slowing the play, which also helps Hudler be and impact player every shift.

More to the point regarding this, one thing that hurt Hudler early on was that Modano is used to playing a high speed run-and-gun game, and is still adapting to our system. Modano is also used to carrying a line that would typically have a defensive safeguard and a secondary skilled forward with some physical presence; Langenbrunner, Guerin, and Morrow are good examples. Hudler's skills don't work for a run-and-gun game, but are very good for puck possession; this is a big part of why he didn't mesh with Mo but clicked big time with Dats.