• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Blues/Avs make big trade

Rate this topic

Numerous sources report the St. Louis Blues have traded Erik Johnson and Jay McClement to Colorado for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk. Some draft picks sprinkled in there somewhere, too.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Numerous sources report the St. Louis Blues have traded Erik Johnson and Jay McClement to St. Louis for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk. Some draft picks sprinkled in there somewhere, too.

Hey Mack, you have any links to this?

TSN.ca

And Bob McKenzie:

No joke, kids. STL-COL trade is legit. @jprutherford has it - Erik Johnson/Jay McClement for Chris Stewart/Kevin Shattenkirk. Done deal.

Also:

STL also sends conditional 1st rounder in 2011 or 2012 to COL and COL sends conditional 2nd rounder in 2011 or 2012 to STL.
Condition on STL 1st rounder is it's top 10 protected. In other words, if STL 1st rder is top 10 this year, COL gets 2012 pick instead.
Edited by wingsdiehard13

Saint louis kills them imo, stewart may be the best player on their team now, and shattenkirk hasn't disappointed this season, obviously, if it clicks with erik johnson and he lives up to his potential the avs still could win it.

I'm shocked.

I am not a fan of moving Johnson. He is having a down year, but he was supposed to be a pillar of defense with Petro on this team for the foreseeable future.

But Stewart is a nice pickup and from what I read on Shatenkirk is pretty good...really good actually. Great offensive numbers for a rookie in only 36 NHL games.

McClement is a non-factor throw in.

I really don't like a 1st rounder going their way. They shouldn't have had to throw that in.

We'll see how it goes.

Maybe I'm over valuing Johnson as a former #1 overall pick, but I don't like this move for St. Louis.

I don't think you are overvaluing him...

He has the makings of a very good defenseman, just because of one bad incident that set his career back they would trade him? Honestly he was the reason I thought the Blues were on the right path. They got quality back just it seems like they might have given up too soon.

Oh well, let us wait and see who wins this deal.

I'm pretty surprised by the Av's deals. I'm trying to wrap my had around a couple things:

1. How could/would you not get more (or at least something more useful) for Craig Anderson?

2. Besides getting the first round pick over your secound rounder, how is Erik Johnson worth more than Stewart and Shattenkirk? Unless Johnson became a legit #1 d-man, this trade is suspect at best. Why McClement?

I also think that if they were going to make a move to improve their defense... why get rid of such a great goaltender beforehand?!? I would have waited to see the few extra games if it energized Craig.

Anderson isn't a great goalie, but when he's on, he's better than Elliott.