• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/20 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Wild 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Yeah, well I guess Colorado and Minnesota are geographically close. :ph34r:

I am thrilled that Bert got the winning SO goal! Shut them puppies up!! :clap:

They boo him because of the 2003 playoffs, which featured a heated rivalry with the Canucks and especially Bertuzzi.

And a major embellishment there. How the hell can they call Franzen when he's being hipchecked. Even Panger was saying so.

I had a mantra going during that penalty kill saying, "Short-handed goal; Short-handed goal". Didn't work but at least they didn't score. ;)

The Wings weren't quite as sharp passing the puck today, but they played hard with and without the puck. Credit to the Wild for taking away the middle of the ice defensively. Both goalies played very well, too. Good win and a nice streak the team is on right now. This father-son trip seems to have been just what the doctor ordered for a lethargic team that was having trouble getting up for games.

Guest Shoreline

Why is Bert being booed?

Moore incident probably.

Actually it's from people who haven't kept up on recent events.

Bert used to be booed during the Minny/Vancouver rivalry because of the s*** he and Mitchell (Bert of the 'nucks, Mitchell of the Wild) used to start, as well as the constant rivalry that had formed over years of hotly contested regular season matches and playoff series'.

Of course, basically none of the Canucks that were there for the old rivalry are there now, and ironically Mitchell isn't even on the Wild anymore. So that leaves bitterness for a guy who is now on the Wings, which is a team almost universally hated across the league for it's success.

Think of it like people who would boo the Avalanche today because of Claude Lemieux or Patrick Roy.

Edited by Shoreline

loving how this team is playing now under 3 goals against is good hockey! the race for 4 and 5 was just too much. those games are okay every once in a while but i for one prefer a good 2-1 game. thats good playoff hockey and were still missing flip and modano! keep it up wings!

Terribly boring game with a few spurts of excitement. I hate watching Minnesota games.

Awesome for Bert to put the nail in the coffin in his 1,000th game, too. Glad to see Howard only allow one goal.

It's nice to see the Wings can still win close games and hold their own in a defensive battle.

Boring but good game all around.

On a side note, I was actually pleased with the NBC broadcast. It was well assembled and I actually had forgotten all about Darren Pang. The announcers were such a relief, especially compared to other NBC broadcast teams. I love how calm and collected Pang is, no forced emotions to try and hype things up. Also, his stories just seem to flow more naturally, whereas when Doc says them it sounds like he's reciting something from a state book or encyclopedia entry.

Are you serious? The Chicago guy couldn't pronounce any of the Wings names correctly. I remember once when I think it was Larry asked Ken Daniels how he knew how to pronounce all the names. Ken's response was "it's part of my job". I mean, come on, he's never heard of Johan Franzen?

:thumbup:

He did look rather confident today, although that five hole GA looked like Osgood... :ph34r:

I'm ok with that. I mean Martin Havlat skated in all alone. It would have been great to make the stop but Havlat is not exactly a slouch

On a side note, I was actually pleased with the NBC broadcast. It was well assembled and I actually had forgotten all about Darren Pang. The announcers were such a relief, especially compared to other NBC broadcast teams. I love how calm and collected Pang is, no forced emotions to try and hype things up. Also, his stories just seem to flow more naturally, whereas when Doc says them it sounds like he's reciting something from a state book or encyclopedia entry.

I like Pang. He's very professional but still manages to have some fun. It was really classy for him to collect the puck for Bert and present it to him after the game.

I like Pang. He's very professional but still manages to have some fun. It was really classy for him to collect the puck for Bert and present it to him after the game.

I miss all the old ESPN guys. Everything about hockey in the 90's was so much fun.

Does anyone know why you can't watch the shootout in the NHL highlights?

They end the game as soon as overtime is over like it was a tie.

Yeah, I missed the game and was watching the highlights on NHL.COM and was like WTF? Umm, no shoot out?

Yeah, I missed the game and was watching the highlights on NHL.COM and was like WTF? Umm, no shoot out?

Something is really screwed up over at NHL.com for the Wings feed. First it took like 5 tries to get the Wings highlights to load at all, and second, the Hawks game showed the WHOLE shootout.

Dear Huddie,

Just because a shot works once doesn't mean you can depend on it. They'll be on to you like fleas on a dog if you do. Go talk to Pasha. He'll teach you a thing or two.

Love,

Your fans