• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#341 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

They boo him because of the 2003 playoffs, which featured a heated rivalry with the Canucks and especially Bertuzzi.

Thanks. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#342 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 770 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Dingers. 3 for 3 on the road trip baby

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#343 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

On a side note, I was actually pleased with the NBC broadcast. It was well assembled and I actually had forgotten all about Darren Pang. The announcers were such a relief, especially compared to other NBC broadcast teams. I love how calm and collected Pang is, no forced emotions to try and hype things up. Also, his stories just seem to flow more naturally, whereas when Doc says them it sounds like he's reciting something from a state book or encyclopedia entry.

I like Pang. He's very professional but still manages to have some fun. It was really classy for him to collect the puck for Bert and present it to him after the game.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#344 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

I like Pang. He's very professional but still manages to have some fun. It was really classy for him to collect the puck for Bert and present it to him after the game.

I miss all the old ESPN guys. Everything about hockey in the 90's was so much fun.

#345 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

Posted Image Way to go Bert! Love how he just drifts around out there on the shootouts. Some of the best hands in the NHL or hand, whatever you choose. Keep this winning streak rocking. They are better than what was happening last week.
Posted Image

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#346 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Does anyone know why you can't watch the shootout in the NHL highlights?

They end the game as soon as overtime is over like it was a tie.

Posted Image

#347 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Redwings tv has the whole shootout if you are looking for it Doc.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#348 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

Does anyone know why you can't watch the shootout in the NHL highlights?

They end the game as soon as overtime is over like it was a tie.

Yeah, I missed the game and was watching the highlights on NHL.COM and was like WTF? Umm, no shoot out?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#349 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Yeah, I missed the game and was watching the highlights on NHL.COM and was like WTF? Umm, no shoot out?

Something is really screwed up over at NHL.com for the Wings feed. First it took like 5 tries to get the Wings highlights to load at all, and second, the Hawks game showed the WHOLE shootout.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#350 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Dear Huddie,

Just because a shot works once doesn't mean you can depend on it. They'll be on to you like fleas on a dog if you do. Go talk to Pasha. He'll teach you a thing or two.

Love,
Your fans
Posted Image

#351 WingsFan_in_the_St8_of_Hockey

WingsFan_in_the_St8_of_Hockey

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Actually it's from people who haven't kept up on recent events.

Bert used to be booed during the Minny/Vancouver rivalry because of the s*** he and Mitchell (Bert of the 'nucks, Mitchell of the Wild) used to start, as well as the constant rivalry that had formed over years of hotly contested regular season matches and playoff series'.

Of course, basically none of the Canucks that were there for the old rivalry are there now, and ironically Mitchell isn't even on the Wild anymore. So that leaves bitterness for a guy who is now on the Wings, which is a team almost universally hated across the league for it's success.

Think of it like people who would boo the Avalanche today because of Claude Lemieux or Patrick Roy.

Actually Bertuzzi gets booed here for a different reason:

During the 2003 playoffs and the Canucks being up 3-1 in the series against the Wild, Bert said the following in an interview after game 4 in St. Paul to the Wild fans: "Don't bother buying tickets for game 6, Vancouver will finish the series at home".
We all know that the Wild came back and eliminated the Canucks 4-3 that year. Since then Bertuzzi has been booed.

#352 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

During the 2003 playoffs and the Canucks being up 3-1 in the series against the Wild, Bert said the following in an interview after game 4 in St. Paul to the Wild fans: "Don't bother buying tickets for game 6, Vancouver will finish the series at home".
We all know that the Wild came back and eliminated the Canucks 4-3 that year. Since then Bertuzzi has been booed.

So for even less hes booed. If it wasn't bad enough he looked like an idiot and the Wild coming back and eliminating him, they have to boo him for what he said 8 years ago ?

Columbus, Ohio -- Seems Vancouver's Alex Burrows isn't a big fan of the city of Detroit -- or the Red Wings.

When asked by AOL FanHouse about playing Detroit in the playoffs, Burrows said, "We don't mind facing anyone, but as far as Detroit, the only thing I dislike is having to fly there and having to stay there, to have to spend a couple of days in that city."

Boo that man!!!

#353 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think he also told the Wild players to get their golf clubs ready during one of the games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#354 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

Great to get the win, and congrads to Bert on his 1000th game and for him to get the SO winner was perfect
IPB Image

#355 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

Actually Bert was booed before that. He was booed earlier in the same series in a game following some end-game fisticuffs where Canuck fans wound up throwing s*** on the ice either on Wild players or their coach. Bert just got caught up in the rivalry that had been forming already.