• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Leino, Flip Snr who's next years surprise pick up?

Rate this topic

the Wings have hit Europe for some unlikely targets and may do the same again this summer. Who would you like them to pick

up from one of the Euro leagues.

My choice would be Sergei Mozyakin from the KHL, but i think he is more than happy in Russia and also he would want more than

the previous 2 guys and he would also command a roster place straight off.

I am pretty sure that we don't have any need for anyone with how stacked our farm is right now, plus we keep signing our farm players to expansions. IFil Corey and Jan all have a claim to a spot next year, and there might only be one opening... On D there is Smith and Jakub fighting for maybe one spot again... Signing someone else seems unnecessary...

Though if someone makes alot of sense, I doubt there will be any hesitation.

I am pretty sure that we don't have any need for anyone with how stacked our farm is right now, plus we keep signing our farm players to expansions. IFil Corey and Jan all have a claim to a spot next year, and there might only be one opening... On D there is Smith and Jakub fighting for maybe one spot again... Signing someone else seems unnecessary...

Though if someone makes alot of sense, I doubt there will be any hesitation.

Smith is not going to be on next year's roster.

Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall, and Kindl are returning with their current contract. Lidstrom will hopefully return. Ericsson will likely re-sign.

Which means either the Wings get a top six defenseman who is better than Kindl and again relegate Kindl to the 7 slot, or they put someone in the 7 slot. Current Wings who would be very capable 7th defensemen: Derek Meech, Doug Janik.

As for iFlip...HE'S A CAREER MINOR LEAGUER. He's 30 years old with ZERO games played at the NHL level. And even beyond that, Emmerton is a better player. Mursak is also a better player. iFlip is not even on the list of players to consider for next year's regular roster.

Edited by eva unit zero

As for iFlip...HE'S A CAREER MINOR LEAGUER. He's 30 years old with ZERO games played at the NHL level. And even beyond that, Emmerton is a better player. Mursak is also a better player. iFlip is not even on the list of players to consider for next year's regular roster.

Smith most likely will be on next year's roster, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they left him down and gave Kindl the ice time to start to see what they have.

As for IFlip. There are players who break into the league late. As of right now he is out playing Emmerton in the Minors. I keep looking at Emmerton thinking what he would really bring to our team... I don't even think he makes our team next year if every single player is still in the system. If Kris and Mike disappear, then two spots are open. I think Mursak makes it for sure. Emmerton and Iflip fight for the final one. It comes down to whoever wins Babcocks approval... If you read what I wrote, I said all three have a shot. If there is only one spot I think Jan gets it. That guy has all the upside.

Either way you are supporting my point, that signing someone else isn't really necessary. That is my line of thinking anyways.

Smith most likely will be on next year's roster, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they left him down and gave Kindl the ice time to start to see what they have.

As for IFlip. There are players who break into the league late. As of right now he is out playing Emmerton in the Minors. I keep looking at Emmerton thinking what he would really bring to our team... I don't even think he makes our team next year if every single player is still in the system. If Kris and Mike disappear, then two spots are open. I think Mursak makes it for sure. Emmerton and Iflip fight for the final one. It comes down to whoever wins Babcocks approval... If you read what I wrote, I said all three have a shot. If there is only one spot I think Jan gets it. That guy has all the upside.

Either way you are supporting my point, that signing someone else isn't really necessary. That is my line of thinking anyways.

Hi, First post here.

Basically posting to say I agree with you. If anyone is going to get the spot (if there is only one) I have a feeling its going to be Mursak. He's got everything they need, not to mention the kid has some speed on him. In the few games he did play, I thought he showed great potential when he was brought up. I'm excited to see more out of him.

Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall, and Kindl are returning with their current contract. Lidstrom will hopefully return. Ericsson will likely re-sign.

Which means either the Wings get a top six defenseman who is better than Kindl and again relegate Kindl to the 7 slot, or they put someone in the 7 slot. Current Wings who would be very capable 7th defensemen: Derek Meech, Doug Janik.

That's a big negative ghost rider. So you're telling me Emmerton could go over to Finaland and win Player of the year? False.

How about Igor Grigorenko? 24 goals in 44 games in the KHL, good for 5th in the league.

He just doesn't have NHL quality skating, otherwise I'm sure many teams would have offered him a contract as he has all the other tools.

Perttu Lindgren.

I thought his rights were still held by Dallas? He played very well prior to coming to North America...played very well in the AHL....and now is playing great in SML.... Maybe he is a bad apple because he definitely has loads of skill.

He just doesn't have NHL quality skating, otherwise I'm sure many teams would have offered him a contract as he has all the other tools.

You do realize that when Grigs came to Wings camp, and played a few games for the Griffins, that was only four years removed from having his femur and tibia both snapper, and having a fat embolism in his lung which nearly killed him. Before that crash, Grigs was a great skater.

Grigs spent too much time thinking he was worth more...and not enough time showing it.

see: Ville Leino

I feel like we were a bit to blame for Leino though. I mean, we tried to use him in a grinder type role and hes clear far from that.

some things the coaching staff do baffle one, i mean Ville was top point scorer in the Finnish league, so he must be able to play on the grinding line in Detroit right? the wings cocked up on this one, we saw what he did playing on Pavs line but in the end it came down to a numbers game and Ville lost out. still he did ok in Philly and will probably get himself a nice raise or a new home (straight swap for Huds?)

since he's been at Philly hes Played 94 21+36 with a +16 and playoffs Played 30 10+16 with a +9, not to shabby for a castoff.