• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

NHL Heritage Classic GDT

Rate this topic

Could the NHL have done a worse job hyping this game?

No one who follows American sports (including some hockey fans probably), even knows about this game.

And yes I realize it's two Canadian teams, but still.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Could the NHL have done a worse job hyping this game?

No one who follows American sports (including some hockey fans probably), even knows about this game.

And yes I realize it's two Canadian teams, but still.

The NHL and NBC do not want you to know that Canadian NHL teams exist.

Guest Shoreline

I might be watching this. At least, some chunk of the first period if it's exciting at all.

p4ECm.jpg

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=553470

CALGARY -- David Arrigo has designed his fair share of goaltender masks over the past 11 years, but perhaps none more unique than the one Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price will sport Sunday in the 2011 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic.

Should one of the Calgary Flames come bearing in alone on Price, he won't only be trying to solve a two-time All-Star netminder, he'll be staring down another legend of the position in Jacques Plante.

And it's guaranteed Plante won't blink. That's because his eyes are painted on Price's mask.

"The funny thing is, when he came to me with the idea of putting Jacques Plante on there, I wasn't sure, but then once we started doing it, we were like, 'perfect,'" said Arrigo, a Toronto-based artist. "We've got Jacques Plante's eyes on the forehead, Jacques Plante's mouth and then Carey's ears on the side."

Price actually credited Arrigo and "a buddy of mine" for coming up with the concept, but one thing's for sure -- it's a conversation starter.

"It kind of looks a little creepy, actually," Price said with a laugh.

He lauded the work of Arrigo, who also designed former Flames goalie Mike Vernon's mask for Saturday's Alumni Game as well as the Heritage Classic.

Creepy.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Then they better rig it so that Vancouver doesn't make the Finals.

It's already done.