• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

Grand Rapids Griffins Vs Grand Rapids Sled Wings

Rate this topic

The 6th Annual Sled Hockey Game Between the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins Vs Grand Rapids Junior Sled Wings will take place this coming Tuesday February 22nd 2011 at Griff's Ice House in Belknap Park on 30 Coldbrook NE. Doors open at 6 and from 6 to 7 you can try out a sled hockey sled to see what it feels like to play sled hockey for only $1. Admission to the game is $5 and free to children 2 and under. As said before in other posts the Grand Rapids Sled Wings is a team of Sled Hockey Players with some type of Physical Challenge such as Spina Bifda and Autisum and other disabilities. The Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation Sponsors the Junir Grand Rapids Sled Wings and that is who will be able to play the game. From 6 to 7 you can also get autographs and pictures with your favorite Grand Rapids Griffins you can even challenge them to a game of Air Hockey or Bubble Hockey for a $3 donation. All proceeds are going to the Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation and the Grand Rapids Junir Sled Wings. From 7 to 8:30 the Griffins and Sled Wings take the ice for a spirited game of Sled Hockey. It is sure to be great fun for everyone so if you can please feel free to come and enjoy a great Sled Hockey Game and support a very worthy cause. Any additional information needed just reply to this thread and I'll try to provide the best info I can give. Thank you.

This is one of the best fundraisers in the hockey world. I've attended it in the past with my kids; it was fun for the fans watching, those playing, and the Griffins themselves. Highly recommend for all ages! :thumbup:

I most certainly agree. It is a great event to attend and everyone's support is apprecaited. This is my second season with the Adult Sled Wings and I wanted very bad to go to this event last year but I got sick the night before with a stomach bug and didn't get to go. Once again I'm sick with a cold but I will be there working the score board. For anyone who is interested in seeing a little bit of the games without attending you can go to YouTube.com and type on Griffins Vs Sled Wings there should be a couple videos there. Please attend if you can it is sure to be a great event!!

The event went Great!! The Sled Wings beat the Griffins again this time by the widest margins of goals 11-1 a great time was had by all. You could tell the Griffins were having fun and I know my team mates had a blast. I wish I could have been out there with them but I guess that's the politics of it. I was happy to be working the score booth. Many people tried out sleds for the first time and that was a ton of fun to watch, some people actually did catch on fairly quick others did not but all in all it was a great event. Thank to every for your support. Next up Adult Tournament at Patterson Ice Center Mach 12 and 13 than Junior Tournament at Georgetown Ice Arena March 19 and 20th. More deatails coming in case anyone wants to venture out to see some great sled hockey action.