• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 28th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

As much as I hate the Pens, I gotta admit I think this is a great trade for them. Even tho Neal has been struggling lately, he does have over 20 goals so far this season. And he's young and has tons of potential and upside. Pens won out on this trade for sure.

I hate seeing the Pens win a deal. Pens win this deal simply on the basis of trading from depth to get something they didn't have and desperately needed in a scoring winger.l

I think Pitt def. won the deal but even with 21 goal Neal has been some what under producing... He has played almost the entire season with Richards and Eriksson and has only managed 39 points in 55 games... They kid can shoot with will help Pittsburgh out but I don't think this trade is as slanted as people are saying... I don't see Niskanen getting any better either... currently a Win for Pitt right now... but if Goligoski becomes what he should even if Neal progressives some it will be relatively an even trade with a chance for the Stars to win out cause of the potential Goligoski has and the so far lacking that Neal has reached it on Dallas top like with one of the biggest stars in the league of Richards.... He was seeing first line PP minutes too... maybe i have my Hate glasses on for the Pens... I do think they won the trade... but not by the margin everyone is thinking...

crash

I think Pitt def. won the deal but even with 21 goal Neal has been some what under producing... He has played almost the entire season with Richards and Eriksson and has only managed 39 points in 55 games... They kid can shoot with will help Pittsburgh out but I don't think this trade is as slanted as people are saying... I don't see Niskanen getting any better either... currently a Win for Pitt right now... but if Goligoski becomes what he should even if Neal progressives some it will be relatively an even trade with a chance for the Stars to win out cause of the potential Goligoski has and the so far lacking that Neal has reached it on Dallas top like with one of the biggest stars in the league of Richards.... He was seeing first line PP minutes too... maybe i have my Hate glasses on for the Pens... I do think they won the trade... but not by the margin everyone is thinking...

crash

So a 23 years old James Neal and a 24 year old Matt Niskanen aren't going to get better but a 25 year old Alex Goligoski has the major upside?

Dallas absolutely got fleeced in this deal and it really isn't even close. i see neal getting 1st or second line minutes on Pittsburgh right now and at least 2nd line minutes even when Malkin and Crosby are playing and he will for sure be getting 1st or 2nd PP time as well.

What I don't understand about the Neal trade is why him? I would understand if they were unloading Richards, he's making a ton of money and is a UFA after this year. I mean, if they are rebuilding why trade a 23 year old sniper that's relatively cheap? He'll be a 30 goal scorer or better in the near future. Its a very bizarre trade. Cross the Stars off the list of contenders in the West.

Hahahahaha. Yeah Dallas got screwed big time imo. Rumor in San Jose was that the Pens were trying to unload Goligoski to them. The Sharks wouldn't bite.

I'm not sure why the Penguins would be trying to "unload" Goligoski, moving him was more out of the need to get a scoring winger.

I just havnt heard a thing about any real potential about Niskanen... and I said Neal should get better... but he isnt doing anything big for where he was... on a First line and First PP unit... with the likes of Richards and Eriksson. I just figured he should be doing more in that posistion... Yes, I could quite possibly be wrong about Niskanen I just havn't heard of any huge up side about him... Yes will he get better probably... by leaps and bounds I don't think so... Goligoski was talked a lot about his potential to be a great up and coming defenseman... maybe thats all talk but I havn't heard anything about niskanen being the next number one D crop in Dallas... I don't follow Dallas's prospects that throughly but I have been following Neal a little I just don't think either of there upsides are as good as Goligoskis.... but we all know how it goes with potential and prospects... some reach it some don't

crash

According to TSN Mason could be on the move, do you think we could get Mason for Kindl or Ericsson plus a draft pick or two? I am not so sure but there aren't too many goalies available within our price range.

Goligoski has the potential to be the next Lidstrom. You heard it here first.

James Neal, decent LW with upside

Niskanen: 2nd/3rd liner in Dallas, if he can get paired with chemistry, he could stand up again.

Yea I'm glad some people are in the same boat as me... I wasnt saying Niskanen amd Neal are bad I just don't think that have the upside that goligoski has... Neal is a good winger and will play crosbys wing... But without that top tier center he isn't a huge threat... Like I said 39 PTs playing with richards snd eriksson just doesn't impress me too much... I hope he does great until playoffs he is on my fantasy.... Lol

Goligoski has the potential to be the next Lidstrom. You heard it here first.

He'd better get cracking. Lidstrom was one of the league's top defensemen at 25, Goligoski is a decent offensive defenseman, but he's not great defensively.

James Neal, decent LW with upside

Niskanen: 2nd/3rd liner in Dallas, if he can get paired with chemistry, he could stand up again.

Neal is on pace for 25-30 goals and about 50 points. He's big, physical, and 23 years old.

Neal for Goligoski is at minimum fair if not in Pittsburgh's favor. Niskanen, who could still turn out as a top-pairing defenseman, is just a bonus.

Dallas got absolutely hosed.