• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 28th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest paveltechno

According to TSN Mason could be on the move, do you think we could get Mason for Kindl or Ericsson plus a draft pick or two? I am not so sure but there aren't too many goalies available within our price range.

steve or chris?

i don't see why the blue jackets would trade their goalie in-division

plus he has 2 years remaining on his contract

From The pens blog:

scaled.jpg

Video Games are not a good indicator. I have won 40 Stanley Cups in a row just simming because you can fleece other teams because machines can't trade worth a damn.

Neal is on pace for 25-30 goals and about 50 points. He's big, physical, and 23 years old.

Neal for Goligoski is at minimum fair if not in Pittsburgh's favor. Niskanen, who could still turn out as a top-pairing defenseman, is just a bonus.

Dallas got absolutely hosed.

I would have to agree, but there is an old saying that the team who got the best player always wins the deal... That might be Dallas. Goligoski could end up being the best, but the cost they paid right now is absurd. Neal is the type of forward you covet. 30 goals are hard to come by, and if they don't sign Brad they really screwed up their team.

steve or chris?

i don't see why the blue jackets would trade their goalie in-division

plus he has 2 years remaining on his contract

According to TSN Steve, they sited his struggles this year. I found it hard to believe as well, and I didn't realize he had two years remaining on his contract. I find it even less plausible at this point. As Jamie and Adam would say.... BUSTED.

Dreger Report:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have declared an intent to add another defenceman this week.Sources say the Leafs have a list of five defencemen and trade offers have been made. But the Leafs may have to be patient and could very well be dealing right up to the deadline.

Colorado's John-Michael Liles has been identified as a target, though the belief is that the Avalanche may not want to move anyone else - or will take the rest of the week to monitor where their team is before making a final decision.

The Leafs - along with a number of other teams - have also expressed an interest in Oilers forward Dustin Penner.

The Oilers' message remains consistent for both Penner and Ales Hemsky in that there is no pressure to trade either given the fact that both players have a year remaining on their contracts.

The standard minimum of a first-round draft pick or highly-touted prospect is likely to be the sticker price for Penner if - or when - Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini starts accepting offers.

Edited by HankthaTank

Today's waiver wire:

Rivet, Svatos, Colliton, Zherdev.

Kotalik on recall waivers.

@RealKyper

Nick Kypreos

#NHL news...On waivers today Kotalik, Ales CGY Zherdev, Nikolay PHI Colliton, Jeremy NYI Svatos, Marek NSH Rivet, Craig BUF

Rivet is a $3.5 million cap hit with just this year left. Vancouver?

Edited by mjlegend

Nieuwendyk was asked on NHL Live ! about possibly trading Richards: ``I've discussed it with some teams. All options are in play here. It's certainly not my first choice, I've maintained all along that we'd like to keep Brad as a Dallas Star for a long period of time. There's a lot of uncertainty with our side as far as ownership that are a concern for them. But, all options are open. It's certainly going to have to be a good type of deal in order to pry him away from us because we are sitting tied for eighth right now and have a lot of home games coming up in March."

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/Real_ESPNLeBrun/~AcGKI

Guest Hatethedrake!

Wow... I wish i had that much free time...

:lol:

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Ducks land Dan Ellis from Tampa for Curtis McElhinney.

Ellis has another year on his deal next season at $1.5 million while McElhinney is UFA so Tampa clears cap space for next season.

This cannot be good news for what is going on with Hiller.

Edited by e_prime

I believe the Avs have made a terrible mistake, evidenced by the fact that Brian Elliott just got shelled by the Edmonton Oilers.

Ducks land Dan Ellis from Tampa for Curtis McElhinney.

Ellis has another year on his deal next season at $1.5 million while McElhinney is UFA so Tampa clears cap space for next season.

This cannot be good news for what is going on with Hiller.

Will Ellis be bitching about it on his Twitter?