• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 28th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

LAST UPDATED (2-28-2011, 3:44 PM ET)

February 28, 2011 (15 Total Transactions)

Montreal Acquires: (G) Drew MacIntyre

Atlanta Acquires: (D) Brett Festerling

Got that as well. However, TSN states its a 2011 pick.

NHL news article states that the Caps traded away their 2011 2nd round pick last year.

Washington traded its 2010 and 2011 second-round picks at the deadline last year for Carolina defenseman Joe Corvo and Minnesota center Eric Belanger.

article

Wild get D-J. Penner and F- M. Lehtonen from Bruins for G- A. Khudobin. Per TSN.

Also looks like the Ducks got f- B. Winchester for a 2012 3rd round pick. NHL says TSN reported this but I can't confirm. Can anyone confirm these trades? I guess that is old news, but NHL just reported it. Still need confirmation on the first one.

Edited by Tim.D

Guest Hatethedrake!

I see Montreal finally decided to get a tough guy in their next game against Boston.

Should make things rather interesting.

The Habs should have picked up Lilja.

Why would they need another enforcer now that MacIntyre is there?

If this is some subtle wit that I'm not getting, I will make my apologies, but just to bring it down to my level... The Habs did acquire Drew MacIntyre, a 190 lb. goalie, not big Steve MacIntyre, who still plays for Edmonton as far as I know, correct?

If this is some subtle wit that I'm not getting, I will make my apologies, but just to bring it down to my level... The Habs did acquire Drew MacIntyre, a 190 lb. goalie, not big Steve MacIntyre, who still plays for Edmonton as far as I know, correct?

You're right, my humor is not that subtle.

For some reason, I read that as Steve MacIntyre. I had heard in fight circles that the Habs may be looking for a tough guy. I just saw MacIntyre and figured they made their move. :hehe: And yes he does still play in Edmonton.

Vancouver certainly got better. Subtle moves, but addressed their need for depth on the bottom two lines. Yes I know, they need to win when it matters, but damn that is one stacked team.

I agree. I'd say if they don't have to, or can get through us, they're winning the Cup this year.

Vancouver certainly got better. Subtle moves, but addressed their need for depth on the bottom two lines. Yes I know, they need to win when it matters, but damn that is one stacked team.

I don't think their franchise has ever been in this position before.

Being the top favorite in the West and maybe to win the Cup. Interesting to see how they respond. Hopefully, really poorly.

They didn't get him? I know they got McGratton and Winchester.

esteef

Nope. The Islanders decided to keep him around. He will be a free agent this summer, however :thumbup: As much as I'd love to see McGrattan get some ice time in Anaheim, his chances are small. He will play in Syracuse (Anaheim's AHL affiliate) to start out. Hopefully he gets called up!