• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#21 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

Video games would reject this trade. I wouldn't be pleased if I was a Stars fan.

#22 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

How did the Pens pull this one off? :unsure:

Goligoski is pretty good. I think a lot of people a underrating him on this deal. I still think Shero got the better of it, but I don't believe it's as one-sided as everyone says.

Neal is young and good, but he was producing with top players(Richards and Ericsson) and on the PP so who knows.

#23 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

I thought Goligoski was supposed to be the Penguins future on defense with Letang?

Posted Image

#24 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,646 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Dallas got raped.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

They have to be missing a player or draft picks or incentives or something..... Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#26 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

how much did Neal make ? maybe getting ready to sign Richards ?

#27 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

how much did Neal make ? maybe getting ready to sign Richards ?

2.875 according to capgeek and Niskanen is at 1.5.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#28 RedWingFan2k1

RedWingFan2k1

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

Isn't Niskanen the one that Crosby fought earlier in the season? Maybe this'll backfire on Pittsburgh...

#29 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for this Mac :thumbup:
Stars got ripped off imo
IPB Image

#30 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

As much as I hate the Pens, I gotta admit I think this is a great trade for them. Even tho Neal has been struggling lately, he does have over 20 goals so far this season. And he's young and has tons of potential and upside. Pens won out on this trade for sure.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#31 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

As much as I hate the Pens, I gotta admit I think this is a great trade for them. Even tho Neal has been struggling lately, he does have over 20 goals so far this season. And he's young and has tons of potential and upside. Pens won out on this trade for sure.

I hate seeing the Pens win a deal. Pens win this deal simply on the basis of trading from depth to get something they didn't have and desperately needed in a scoring winger.l

#32 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

Video games would reject this trade. I wouldn't be pleased if I was a Stars fan.

Hahahahaha. Yeah Dallas got screwed big time imo. Rumor in San Jose was that the Pens were trying to unload Goligoski to them. The Sharks wouldn't bite.

#33 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

So are either of the guys Pittsburgh got cheap-shot artists? Just curious.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#34 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

I think Pitt def. won the deal but even with 21 goal Neal has been some what under producing... He has played almost the entire season with Richards and Eriksson and has only managed 39 points in 55 games... They kid can shoot with will help Pittsburgh out but I don't think this trade is as slanted as people are saying... I don't see Niskanen getting any better either... currently a Win for Pitt right now... but if Goligoski becomes what he should even if Neal progressives some it will be relatively an even trade with a chance for the Stars to win out cause of the potential Goligoski has and the so far lacking that Neal has reached it on Dallas top like with one of the biggest stars in the league of Richards.... He was seeing first line PP minutes too... maybe i have my Hate glasses on for the Pens... I do think they won the trade... but not by the margin everyone is thinking...

crash

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

I think Pitt def. won the deal but even with 21 goal Neal has been some what under producing... He has played almost the entire season with Richards and Eriksson and has only managed 39 points in 55 games... They kid can shoot with will help Pittsburgh out but I don't think this trade is as slanted as people are saying... I don't see Niskanen getting any better either... currently a Win for Pitt right now... but if Goligoski becomes what he should even if Neal progressives some it will be relatively an even trade with a chance for the Stars to win out cause of the potential Goligoski has and the so far lacking that Neal has reached it on Dallas top like with one of the biggest stars in the league of Richards.... He was seeing first line PP minutes too... maybe i have my Hate glasses on for the Pens... I do think they won the trade... but not by the margin everyone is thinking...

crash

So a 23 years old James Neal and a 24 year old Matt Niskanen aren't going to get better but a 25 year old Alex Goligoski has the major upside?

Dallas absolutely got fleeced in this deal and it really isn't even close. i see neal getting 1st or second line minutes on Pittsburgh right now and at least 2nd line minutes even when Malkin and Crosby are playing and he will for sure be getting 1st or 2nd PP time as well.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

We're going to have to keep our eye on how this one turns out. Looks like a TERRIBLE deal for Dallas right now.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#37 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Just tried it on NHL 11.....i heard my ps3 laugh at me.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#38 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

What I don't understand about the Neal trade is why him? I would understand if they were unloading Richards, he's making a ton of money and is a UFA after this year. I mean, if they are rebuilding why trade a 23 year old sniper that's relatively cheap? He'll be a 30 goal scorer or better in the near future. Its a very bizarre trade. Cross the Stars off the list of contenders in the West.

#39 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

What the heck are Dallas thinking here? <_<

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#40 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hahahahaha. Yeah Dallas got screwed big time imo. Rumor in San Jose was that the Pens were trying to unload Goligoski to them. The Sharks wouldn't bite.

I'm not sure why the Penguins would be trying to "unload" Goligoski, moving him was more out of the need to get a scoring winger.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**