• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/22 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I know this is the wrong forum but I had people back out last minute. I got two tickets lower bowl for this game if anyone is interested PM me.

EDIT: SOLD

Go Wings give me a good game tonight

Edited by Gregsbouch

I want a win no matter what, but it might be good to grind out another defensive win. Keep San Jose to 1 or fewer goals just to help the stats and show the team can still play tight defense, that it wasn't just a fluke.

Hoping for a good win here today Wings. If they play like they have been lately, I am confident they will get it done. The defense has been good, I want that to keep up!

They play some tough teams in the stretch coming up, every win will be important.

I thought Mo might be back tonight...any word

He said on FSN broadcast last week that the Feb. 26th game in Buffalo is his target. Won't be Thursday because its against his former, longtime franchise and too many "subplots" as he put it.

Edited by HankthaTank

He said on FSN broadcast last week that the Feb. 26th game in Buffalo is his target. Won't be Thursday because its against his former, longtime franchise and too much "subplots" as he put it.

That's a disappointment. He's only played against Dallas once this season, I would have liked to have seen him face them at home with his new team in a winning effort rather than on the road in a loss.

That's a disappointment. He's only played against Dallas once this season, I would have liked to have seen him face them at home with his new team in a winning effort rather than on the road in a loss.

Agreed but the squad is rolling and we aren't totally aching for him to get back like some others. I do love the depth Mo brings us but he can wait it out a tad longer I suppose.

Scott Nichol seems to have it in for the wings, tried jumping Kronwall last time they played and Abdelkader last year in the playoffs.

I wish someone would just fight him and put him in his place, he isnt a very good fighter and he's small, he shouldn't just be taking liberties on guys like Kronner. He would be a good tilt for Abdelkader, hopefully it happens.

I dunno how I feel about this game, could go either way I guess, hopefully Howard stays hot

I'm still not big on Lidstrom/Stuart.

What I want to see is one of these:

Lidstrom/Ericsson

Kronwall/Stuart

Salei/Rafalski

Lidstrom/Ericsson

Salei/Kronwall

Rafalski/Stuart

Lidstrom/Ericsson (Yes, I like this pairing)

Kronwall/Rafalski

Kindl/Stuart

Let's see Babs try some of those for regular pairs, come on man!

Ericsson and Rafalski have been our most productive pairing. That is not even up for debate. They've played together for 80% of the time and have the best +/- and points at even strength of any pairing...and you want to break them up? They make their mistakes, but they are so damn good together. Who gives a flying fudge if they let in one goal a game as long as they score two goals a game? Just stop.

mindfly is that you?

:scared:

Lolz.

No, because I said I hoped I was wrong. I really get the feeling they're going to lose this one or the Dallas game. Sharks are on a roll on the road and have already won in JLA this year.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, uh, you don't get fooled again.

Scott Nichol seems to have it in for the wings, tried jumping Kronwall last time they played and Abdelkader last year in the playoffs.

I wish someone would just fight him and put him in his place, he isnt a very good fighter and he's small, he shouldn't just be taking liberties on guys like Kronner. He would be a good tilt for Abdelkader, hopefully it happens.

I dunno how I feel about this game, could go either way I guess, hopefully Howard stays hot

Hell no, I don't want one of our better penalty killers wasting 5 minutes in the box, fighting Nichol would be useless, and it might just backfire. That trade off is totally not worth it, Nichol is going to spend a whole 8 minutes on the ice? No thanks, I'd rather see Abdelkader forechecking and placing fear on the defenseman.

I wonder how many power plays and or 5 on 3's the Sharks will have in the first period?

I have my money on 3 power plays and 1 5 on 3 from those power plays.

They are playing in the Joe so it might be a little lenient on em tonight.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Oh man, I still have bad memories of all those damn 5 on 3 the Sharks had in that series. I still want the Wings to play the Sharks in the playoffs this year just to exact payback. I still want payback for the Kings for 2001 as well. But I'm really hoping we get the s***hawks in the 1st round. Nothing would make me happier than shoving it up Kane's ass and pulling a quarter out to pay for his cab ride back to Chicago.

Hell no, I don't want one of our better penalty killers wasting 5 minutes in the box, fighting Nichol would be useless, and it might just backfire. That trade off is totally not worth it, Nichol is going to spend a whole 8 minutes on the ice? No thanks, I'd rather see Abdelkader forechecking and placing fear on the defenseman.

No fighting Nichol would get him to stop playing like a cheap prick out there all the time, he is not some useless enforcer or something either.

Nichol is a 60% on faceoffs, solid penalty killer. Obviously the time has to be right, I dont want Abdelkader getting an instigator in a 1 goal game or anything but Nichol has been running our guys all the time since last playoffs.

I guess you would rather have Nichol out there jumping guys like Kronwall instead of having a decent fighter like Abdelkader go after him? What has happened to wings fans, this is pathetic

I guess you would rather have Nichol out there jumping guys like Kronwall instead of having a decent fighter like Abdelkader go after him? What has happened to wings fans, this is pathetic

:lol:

I think that a lot of people are probably with you on this one. And honestly, after his decent showing against Ott, I'm surprised Abs hasn't been droppin' 'em a little more.