• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/22 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I want a win no matter what, but it might be good to grind out another defensive win. Keep San Jose to 1 or fewer goals just to help the stats and show the team can still play tight defense, that it wasn't just a fluke.

5 straight games and you are still worried about it being a fluke? Too much negativity...

I guess you would rather have Nichol out there jumping guys like Kronwall instead of having a decent fighter like Abdelkader go after him? What has happened to wings fans, this is pathetic

I think mainly because people won't go into this with their hopes up for Abby to go after Nichol. It is a thought and I see your point on it but I can't see it being something that comes to fruition. Without having great expectations for things I feel you never really get disappointed. A little life lesson applied there laugh.gif

Edited by HankthaTank

:lol:

I think that a lot of people are probably with you on this one. And honestly, after his decent showing against Ott, I'm surprised Abs hasn't been droppin' 'em a little more.

Why does every single thread on LGW turn into an enforcer/fighting debate? It got stale a long time ago

Why does every single thread on LGW turn into an enforcer/fighting debate? It got stale a long time ago

Because this team's good enough that we don't have to argue about firing the coach or trading our top defenseman or getting a new GM. We've gotta have something to argue about :ph34r:

No fighting Nichol would get him to stop playing like a cheap prick out there all the time, he is not some useless enforcer or something either.

Nichol is a 60% on faceoffs, solid penalty killer. Obviously the time has to be right, I dont want Abdelkader getting an instigator in a 1 goal game or anything but Nichol has been running our guys all the time since last playoffs.

I guess you would rather have Nichol out there jumping guys like Kronwall instead of having a decent fighter like Abdelkader go after him? What has happened to wings fans, this is pathetic

No it wouldn't.

Your conclusion is built off a faulty premise. We're only pathetic in your eyes because you think fighting Nichol will make him stop being a ******.

Fighting him won't change his mindset or how he is wired internally. Cooke fights all the time, he still cheap shots. Ott fights all the time, he still cheap shots. Mike Richards still cheap shots even though he fights. Kostopolous fights and clearly he still cheap shots. And this is true for the majority, and not the minority. Player A fighting player B has no effect on whether player B will continue to cheap shot.

But if we fought him right away he won't cheap shot anyone! Why would we fight a guy and get an instigator when he hasn't done anything? Because he will do something! So as long as we every team fights Cooke/Richards/OV/Ott etc at the beginning of the puck drop, they would stop throwing cheap shots? Well, no.... Exactly.

Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard is 4-0, with a 1.47 goals-against average and .949 save percentage, since being pulled midway through a 4-1 loss to Nashville on Feb. 9.

I give Howie a hard time pretty often, (mainly because I believe he is NOT the goalie of the future for the Wings but thats neither here nor there) but he has really picked up his play. Hopefully he can keep it rolling.

Edited by Xitium

Wings have been playing very good lately against the top tier teams in both conferences and sometimes playing down to inferior teams levels. I look for them to be "up" for tonight's game and make a statement to the Sharks

I've been thinking for some time now that those who wish the Wings had more enforcers/fighters are rooting for the wrong (type of) team. It will never happen as long as most of us are alive. The Wings are a puck-possession team and do mostly very well at it, thankyouverymuch. So, if one wants more fisticuffers on their team, why not root for the Flyers, etc? Can't quite figure that one out. And it's not enough to say one would settle for one or two. It's not happening now and it probably won't be any time soon. So I guess I'm saying if you're a Red Wings' fan why even keep bringing it up? :huh:

No it wouldn't.

Your conclusion is built off a faulty premise. We're only pathetic in your eyes because you think fighting Nichol will make him stop being a ******.

Fighting him won't change his mindset or how he is wired internally. Cooke fights all the time, he still cheap shots. Ott fights all the time, he still cheap shots. Mike Richards still cheap shots even though he fights. Kostopolous fights and clearly he still cheap shots. And this is true for the majority, and not the minority. Player A fighting player B has no effect on whether player B will continue to cheap shot.

But if we fought him right away he won't cheap shot anyone! Why would we fight a guy and get an instigator when he hasn't done anything? Because he will do something! So as long as we every team fights Cooke/Richards/OV/Ott etc at the beginning of the puck drop, they would stop throwing cheap shots? Well, no.... Exactly.

I love this post. Thanks.

Edited by Vladifan

I've been thinking for some time now that those who wish the Wings had more enforcers/fighters are rooting for the wrong (type of) team. It will never happen as long as most of us are alive. The Wings are a puck-possession team and do mostly very well at it, thankyouverymuch. So, if one wants more fisticuffers on their team, why not root for the Flyers, etc? Can't quite figure that one out. And it's not enough to say one would settle for one or two. It's not happening now and it probably won't be any time soon. So I guess I'm saying if you're a Red Wings' fan why even keep bringing it up? :huh:

So because we are a fan of a team we're supposed to like every single thing about it? I sure would have be SOL in the 80s then, wouldn't I?

I could turn the tables and say if you're a fan of the Red Wings, why wouldn't you want someone who could defend your players against the likes of Cooke and Pronger? And who wouldn't like to see another Shannahan-type player on our team? Are we not supposed to like him because he's not afraid to drop the gloves?

So because we are a fan of a team we're supposed to like every single thing about it? I sure would have be SOL in the 80s then, wouldn't I?

I could turn the tables and say if you're a fan of the Red Wings, why wouldn't you want someone who could defend your players against the likes of Cooke and Pronger? And who wouldn't like to see another Shannahan-type player on our team? Are we not supposed to like him because he's not afraid to drop the gloves?

Where did I say "we" have to like every single thing? Where did I say I wouldn't like another player like Shanahan? I'm talking about what I think is the reality right now for the Detroit Red Wings. And your sentence that's bolded is overkill. I loved Shanny and I always did. I loved it when Mac went after Lemieux; I loved it when Shanny took people out that needed it. One more time. ALL I am saying that it probably ain't gonna happen again soon. And I guess what I'll do is just ignore the people who keep bitching because we don't have someone like that. Right now.

And like Konnan said so very well - even if you take Pronger, Cooke, Orpik, ad nauseum down, is it gonna change them? I think not. Maybe if the NHL shapes up on their consistency in penalties it'll happen. But they will continue to be the same old s***heads.

Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard is 4-0, with a 1.47 goals-against average and .949 save percentage, since being pulled midway through a 4-1 loss to Nashville on Feb. 9.

I give Howie a hard time pretty often, (mainly because I believe he is NOT the goalie of the future for the Wings but thats neither here nor there) but he has really picked up his play. Hopefully he can keep it rolling.

This.

A fighter debate in the GDT before the game even started? :lol: Thank god I gave up on people a few years ago. (Abs is a puss though, gotta throw that in :D)

Go Wings Go!!! I hate the Sharks, and I'd love nothing more then a nice s*** kicking for the home fans tonight :thumbup:

Great interview with McCreary. :thumbup: I remember watching him at a game after the Star Spangled Banner played, and he just stood there looking up toward the ceiling for about 20 seconds. Don't know why he did it but if anyone would have a class motive behind it, he would. He will be sorely missed.