• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/22 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I think people are freaking out for no reason. Guys, ladies if they are here, we lost a game. Yeah it sucked we couldn't make it 6 in a row but you can't win them all and the streak had to end at some point. They did give up some dumb penalties, they did give up some dumb goals, and yeah we came away with an L. But honestly, Vancouver lost as well as the Flyers. We are still 5 points back with 1 game in hand of the Nucks. Every one needs to chill the hell out and take a deep breath. We have a tough team Thursday night as well so everyone prepare for that.

The Wings will bounce back like they always do. I like where we sit. I'm glad we are us and not Chicago or Dallas fighting for a playoff spot.

Let's all breathe! Have faith in Babs and Holland and all will be well.

Go Wings Go!

Guest Crymson

We'd still take him back any day.

As an assistant? Sure, though I fail to see your point; I was calling him overrated as a head coach.

Edited by Crymson

Hey guys, haven't talked on here recently. It was a good game, I agree with this guys assessment.

You guys owned the Sharks, in the time of posession and overall game. Seto is on fire, Niemi is on fire and Thornton played unbelievable in today's game IMO

Hey sharkie, nice to see you back!

When I read quotes like this, I just shake my head. I could see if Howard had a subpar game, but he played very well tonight. Would he like to have the last one back? Of course. At the same time though, there were some stops he made that could have went in but they didn't. This was not a goaltending issue. If anything, it was a capitalization issue.

I didn't get a chance to see the entire game, but I just watched the highlights and I am going to watch the game in its entirety tomorrow. The highlights didn't show me that one goalie outplayed the other. If anything, it was one team unable to capitalize on their chances while the other one did. Dats had about 5 chances to score and couldn't bury the biscuit. Eaves had a couple good chances. The Wings have got to score on those opportunities.

Yet, they didn't. The blame game is easy to cast on one player or another. Seems that everyone except Lidstrom, Hank, or Dats are easy targets. I really should put up a freaking pie chart and start marking down who the loss gets attributed to just as a goof. During the 5 game win streak, it was a team effort. In a loss, its (insert player name here). Howard, Rafalski, Bert, etc.

I don't know, I just tire of the bulls*** in this forum at times. I have read some very good posts from true Wings fans. Then I read s*** like this and its just that....s***. These are Wings fans? I mean seriously? True Wings fans don't throw their players under a bus. Stand behind your team for a freaking change. Win as a team, lose as a team. Its that simple.

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking and wanting to say for a long time. :thumbup::clap:

Well, at least Vancouver lost.

If the next two weeks in the Western Conference look like the last two weeks though, we'll be 4th in the West behind Vancouver, Phoenix and San Jose.

Well, a Central Division team would need to get ahead of us in the standings in order to drop to 4th. I don't see the Preds catching us anytime soon.

Home loss... :thumbdown: When Canucks lose of course we lose too.

Hank gotta score more often. He has two goals and fifteen assists in last 17 games. And Danny Cleary has 21 goals in 46 games. :clap:

Edited by Jusek

Hank gotta score more often. He has two goals and fifteen assists in last 17 games. And Danny Cleary has 21 goals in 46 games. :clap:

Hank has been scoring and by my math that is a point per game (I know I did good there wink.gif). He has been the playmaker on that line with the snipers Bert and Mule (disappeared). I can't be too upset with his play at all. He pretty much does everything and well.

This loss kind of hurt as they all do but to San Jose it is a different sting to it. They have been playing great and without that kick save by Niemi on Mule at the end we would have taken the momentum into OT and probably got the W. We did play a great game overall though and looks as though we have to keep these lines rolling. The HDC line is just unreal right now but the others have to pick up the slack. Our bottom lines have pretty much vanished again and if Patty is down for any length of time that could be a pretty big blow. Lets get Flipper back on Thursday and get another streak going.

Edited by HankthaTank

Just a couple observations from this game.

1. Babcock needs to have his best defensive playes on the ice durring the final minute of every period. Good god do they give up a lot of goals in the final minute.

2. Jimmy Howard looked great. 3 out of 4 are not on hiim

3. Bertuzzi is a defensive liability with some offensive upside

4.Hudler is getting back into form

Edited by matt198913

Guest Hatethedrake!

I laughed at Jamal Mayers break away attempt. The Wings give the puck away too much and get caught way too much at home. Rafalski is a giveaway machine more than normal. I liked how Howard played especially in the second period. The Wings played well in stretches but overall it was not good enough. I expect them to be better. Cleary had an excellent game. Why is Holmstrom falling in his ass all the time? Is Helm getting faster? Great non call on the tackle, :rolleyes: Damn I hate losing to the Sharks. We'll be better.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

the sad part is, many here still get all riled up at the mere mention of Pittsburgh or Chicago... it was San Jose that nearly swept the Wings in the second round last year. Babs should have gotten the boys more emotionally-charged for this one.

Well, at least Vancouver lost.

If the next two weeks in the Western Conference look like the last two weeks though, we'll be 4th in the West behind Vancouver, Phoenix and San Jose.

Do you not realize that the winning the division means that we are no lower than #3? We have a 10 point lead over Nashville even after losing last night. We will finish the year either #1, #2 or #3 in the west.

I guess the good news is that we owned San Hosay last year in the regular season, and look where that got us in the playoffs. The playoffs are just a different animal.

However, we need Howard to actually play a good game against the Sharks. He s*** his pants in the playoffs last year and didn't play very well last night.

I guess the good news is that we owned San Hosay last year in the regular season, and look where that got us in the playoffs. The playoffs are just a different animal.

However, we need Howard to actually play a good game against the Sharks. He s*** his pants in the playoffs last year and didn't play very well last night.

Consistency with Howard definitely is an issue, but the good news is it is only February and Detroit has lost for the first time in 6 games. That isn't too bad of a streak.

Consistency with Howard definitely is an issue, but the good news is it is only February and Detroit has lost for the first time in 6 games. That isn't too bad of a streak.

Howard has 30 wins to lead all goalies. Yea, he needs to work on his consistency. Maybe he can lose a few more and make himself look about average. After all, consistently winning games is really an issue. <_<

Howard has 30 wins to lead all goalies. Yea, he needs to work on his consistency. Maybe he can lose a few more and make himself look about average. After all, consistently winning games is really an issue. <_<

For crying out loud, I called him inconsistent, not terrible.

Calm yourself.

1st in wins

28th in SV%

31st GAA

These stats, for any goalie would lead me to believe: This goalie is starting too many games, this goalie has a GREAT team in front of him, this goalie is easily replaceable due to the team in-front of him. Take the name of the player and I feel you'll come to the exact same conclusion I have.

1st in wins

28th in SV%

31st GAA

These stats, for any goalie would lead me to believe: This goalie is starting too many games, this goalie has a GREAT team in front of him, this goalie is easily replaceable due to the team in-front of him. Take the name of the player and I feel you'll come to the exact same conclusion I have.

Excellent point. Howard wouldn't be winning s*** if not for this team.

We're not winning because of him, but in spite of him and his meager stats.

1st in wins

28th in SV%

31st GAA

:thumbup::thumbup: Couldnt have said it any better.

How bad is Ericsson

Very bad. He's terrible. He flat out fricken sucks.

Huge but never hits.

Shoots but never scores or even gets it on net.

No speed.

Doesn't just give up the puck, but he always gives it up in a way that leads directly to a goal.

Ericsson is the worst defenseman on the team, hands down. Worse than Amazon Kindle.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

1st in wins

28th in SV%

31st GAA

Lidstrom is a +3 which is good for 92nd in the NHL among defenseman. I guess he's a pretty middle of the road defender who is easily replaceable.

The fact of the matter is that you can skew the stats to support any conclusion you want. Since we all watch the games around here we know that Howard has not had a great team in front of him, especially the defense, on many nights. The stats are only one part of the story and they most certainly do not tell the whole story.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Lidstrom is a +3 which is good for 92nd in the NHL among defenseman. I guess he's a pretty middle of the road defender who is easily replaceable.

So you try to make an argument for Howard "detractors" who use multiple stats to base their reasoning by citing something that only gives one stat?

That is more of a reason to not use the win column as the only statistic when judging Howard's play.

The fact of the matter is that you can skew the stats to support any conclusion you want. Since we all watch the games around here we know that Howard has not had a great team in front of him, especially the defense, on many nights. The stats are only one part of the story and they most certainly do not tell the whole story.

Do you believe that Howard has been consistent?

Do you not believe that Howard has struggled?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Howard He Do It?!

So you try to make an argument for Howard "detractors" who use multiple stats to base their reasoning by citing something that only gives one stat?

That is more of a reason to not use the win column as the only statistic when judging Howard's play.

You're over-analyzing and completely missing the point. Stats alone are meaningless, whether it be one stat or multiple stats, and are easily manipulated. Two stats, three if you choose to include wins, do not tell the complete story of Jimmy this season, just as +/- alone does not tell the complete story of Lidstrom.

Do you believe that Howard has been consistent?

Do you not believe that Howard has struggled?

I think it's ironic how when the defense struggles Howard has a harder time in goal and when the defense is what we expect it to be Howard is fine. It's almost like a goalie can't do it all on his own.

I love a fallacy as much as the next person, but come onnnn.

Player A: Defensemen

In relation to other defensemen:

77th in +/-

2nd points

18th ES Points

1st PP points

12th highest in GA

29th PPGA

28th ATOI

What can we deduce from this? Player A is an Elite PP defenseman, a very good even-strength defenseman, out there for too many goals against even-strength but superior offensive skills allow him to do that. His good defensesive skill gives him a lot of TOI.

But yah, pick ONE stat and try to derive something from it. I picked the 3 most vital goalie stats. I back up my assertion with raw numbers and you just use fallacies to try and discredit my analysis. But good job though.

Thanks Doc for the back-up and recognizing the same thing.