all he does is take penalties, i prefer Kindl

i understand high sticks happen but its all the time with him i mean holy ship

#442 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

Glad to see Hank back on the scoresheet in the Goals column.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#443 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

The Wings really took it to the Sharks. Detroit just matches up really well with them. But hey, you gotta score on your chances. The Wings were missing open nets and hitting posts. The Sharks got a couple scoring chances and capitalized. There are no points for controlling the play. You gotta finish.

The team looked a hair off on everything tonight. The coaching staff, too. No excuse for Kronwall on that late first period PK. With 10 seconds left in the period, Lidstrom needs to be on the ice.

Hey guys, haven't talked on here recently. It was a good game, I agree with this guys assessment.

You guys owned the Sharks, in the time of posession and overall game. Seto is on fire, Niemi is on fire and Thornton played unbelievable in today's game IMO
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#444 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

holland has some thinking to do

Great job on the last two goals by Howard..... Really thought he was turning the corner, then goal in the last minute of period 1 (not his fault), goal in the last two minutes of period 2 (not his fault, kill Ericsson), a bad rebound for goal number three (his fault) and a TERRIBLE miss on the GWG...

Frustrating night to be certain, they started so well.

too bad Howie had to let in that weaksauce goal at the end

the thing i noticed is goalies bail out other teams when playing detroit. but how many times has jimmy bailed out detroit this season? once? how many games have he been to blame? a bunch? hes not a game stealer which sucks cause i dont see him going anywhere

When I read quotes like this, I just shake my head. I could see if Howard had a subpar game, but he played very well tonight. Would he like to have the last one back? Of course. At the same time though, there were some stops he made that could have went in but they didn't. This was not a goaltending issue. If anything, it was a capitalization issue.

I didn't get a chance to see the entire game, but I just watched the highlights and I am going to watch the game in its entirety tomorrow. The highlights didn't show me that one goalie outplayed the other. If anything, it was one team unable to capitalize on their chances while the other one did. Dats had about 5 chances to score and couldn't bury the biscuit. Eaves had a couple good chances. The Wings have got to score on those opportunities.

Yet, they didn't. The blame game is easy to cast on one player or another. Seems that everyone except Lidstrom, Hank, or Dats are easy targets. I really should put up a freaking pie chart and start marking down who the loss gets attributed to just as a goof. During the 5 game win streak, it was a team effort. In a loss, its (insert player name here). Howard, Rafalski, Bert, etc.

I don't know, I just tire of the bulls*** in this forum at times. I have read some very good posts from true Wings fans. Then I read s*** like this and its just that....s***. These are Wings fans? I mean seriously? True Wings fans don't throw their players under a bus. Stand behind your team for a freaking change. Win as a team, lose as a team. Its that simple.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#445 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

Probably has something to do with that guy behind their bench.

Or maybe it's because of four games in six nights.

#446 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

Probably has something to do with that guy behind their bench.

He's a very good coach, he learnt from the best :thumbup:
IPB Image

#447 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

He's a very good coach, he learnt from the best :thumbup:

Yet it took horrible officiating for him to beat the Wings in the playoffs last season, and more even-keeled officiating saw him get his ass kicked by the Hawks.

He's overrated, and it's beyond me why some people in this community absolutely need a bogeyman to fear.

Edited by Crymson, 22 February 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#448 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Yet it took horrible officiating for him to beat the Wings in the playoffs last season, and more even-keeled officiating saw him get his ass kicked by the Hawks.

He's overrated, and it's beyond me why some people in this community absolutely need a bogeyman to fear.

We'd still take him back any day.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#449 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

Well, if it makes anyone feel any better, the Canucks and Flyers also lost today. A bad day to be top dog I guess.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#450 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

When I read quotes like this, I just shake my head. I could see if Howard had a subpar game, but he played very well tonight. Would he like to have the last one back? Of course. At the same time though, there were some stops he made that could have went in but they didn't. This was not a goaltending issue. If anything, it was a capitalization issue.

I didn't get a chance to see the entire game, but I just watched the highlights and I am going to watch the game in its entirety tomorrow. The highlights didn't show me that one goalie outplayed the other. If anything, it was one team unable to capitalize on their chances while the other one did. Dats had about 5 chances to score and couldn't bury the biscuit. Eaves had a couple good chances. The Wings have got to score on those opportunities.

Yet, they didn't. The blame game is easy to cast on one player or another. Seems that everyone except Lidstrom, Hank, or Dats are easy targets. I really should put up a freaking pie chart and start marking down who the loss gets attributed to just as a goof. During the 5 game win streak, it was a team effort. In a loss, its (insert player name here). Howard, Rafalski, Bert, etc.

I don't know, I just tire of the bulls*** in this forum at times. I have read some very good posts from true Wings fans. Then I read s*** like this and its just that....s***. These are Wings fans? I mean seriously? True Wings fans don't throw their players under a bus. Stand behind your team for a freaking change. Win as a team, lose as a team. Its that simple.

Posted Image

Are you trying to upstage Crymson with posts like these? Get some new material.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#451 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

I think people are freaking out for no reason. Guys, ladies if they are here, we lost a game. Yeah it sucked we couldn't make it 6 in a row but you can't win them all and the streak had to end at some point. They did give up some dumb penalties, they did give up some dumb goals, and yeah we came away with an L. But honestly, Vancouver lost as well as the Flyers. We are still 5 points back with 1 game in hand of the Nucks. Every one needs to chill the hell out and take a deep breath. We have a tough team Thursday night as well so everyone prepare for that.

The Wings will bounce back like they always do. I like where we sit. I'm glad we are us and not Chicago or Dallas fighting for a playoff spot.

Let's all breathe! Have faith in Babs and Holland and all will be well.

Go Wings Go!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#452 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

By the way, any news on Eaves? He didn't return after he appeared to strain his knee in the second did he? Can't afford any more injuries regardless of who it is.

#453 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:40 AM

We'd still take him back any day.

As an assistant? Sure, though I fail to see your point; I was calling him overrated as a head coach.

Edited by Crymson, 23 February 2011 - 02:40 AM.

#454 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hey guys, haven't talked on here recently. It was a good game, I agree with this guys assessment.

You guys owned the Sharks, in the time of posession and overall game. Seto is on fire, Niemi is on fire and Thornton played unbelievable in today's game IMO

Hey sharkie, nice to see you back!

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking and wanting to say for a long time. :thumbup: :clap:

#455 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Well, at least Vancouver lost.

If the next two weeks in the Western Conference look like the last two weeks though, we'll be 4th in the West behind Vancouver, Phoenix and San Jose.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#456 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Well, at least Vancouver lost.

If the next two weeks in the Western Conference look like the last two weeks though, we'll be 4th in the West behind Vancouver, Phoenix and San Jose.

Well, a Central Division team would need to get ahead of us in the standings in order to drop to 4th. I don't see the Preds catching us anytime soon.

#457 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

Home loss... :thumbdown: When Canucks lose of course we lose too.

Hank gotta score more often. He has two goals and fifteen assists in last 17 games. And Danny Cleary has 21 goals in 46 games. :clap:

Edited by Jusek, 23 February 2011 - 09:06 AM.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#458 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hank gotta score more often. He has two goals and fifteen assists in last 17 games. And Danny Cleary has 21 goals in 46 games. :clap:

Hank has been scoring and by my math that is a point per game (I know I did good there Posted Image). He has been the playmaker on that line with the snipers Bert and Mule (disappeared). I can't be too upset with his play at all. He pretty much does everything and well.

This loss kind of hurt as they all do but to San Jose it is a different sting to it. They have been playing great and without that kick save by Niemi on Mule at the end we would have taken the momentum into OT and probably got the W. We did play a great game overall though and looks as though we have to keep these lines rolling. The HDC line is just unreal right now but the others have to pick up the slack. Our bottom lines have pretty much vanished again and if Patty is down for any length of time that could be a pretty big blow. Lets get Flipper back on Thursday and get another streak going.

Edited by HankthaTank, 23 February 2011 - 09:28 AM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#459 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

Just a couple observations from this game.

1. Babcock needs to have his best defensive playes on the ice durring the final minute of every period. Good god do they give up a lot of goals in the final minute.
2. Jimmy Howard looked great. 3 out of 4 are not on hiim
3. Bertuzzi is a defensive liability with some offensive upside
4.Hudler is getting back into form

Edited by matt198913, 23 February 2011 - 10:29 AM.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#460 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

I laughed at Jamal Mayers break away attempt. The Wings give the puck away too much and get caught way too much at home. Rafalski is a giveaway machine more than normal. I liked how Howard played especially in the second period. The Wings played well in stretches but overall it was not good enough. I expect them to be better. Cleary had an excellent game. Why is Holmstrom falling in his ass all the time? Is Helm getting faster? Great non call on the tackle, :rolleyes: Damn I hate losing to the Sharks. We'll be better.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 23 February 2011 - 10:57 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams