• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#41 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

I wonder how many power plays and or 5 on 3's the Sharks will have in the first period?

I have my money on 3 power plays and 1 5 on 3 from those power plays.

They are playing in the Joe so it might be a little lenient on em tonight.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#42 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

over or under 4 Setoguchi dives?

#43 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

I wonder how many power plays and or 5 on 3's the Sharks will have in the first period?

It depends on how often they go diving. <_<

#44 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Bill McCreary #7 & Chris Rooney #5 Linesmen Steve Barton #59 & Scott Driscoll #68

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#45 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Oh man, I still have bad memories of all those damn 5 on 3 the Sharks had in that series. I still want the Wings to play the Sharks in the playoffs this year just to exact payback. I still want payback for the Kings for 2001 as well. But I'm really hoping we get the s***hawks in the 1st round. Nothing would make me happier than shoving it up Kane's ass and pulling a quarter out to pay for his cab ride back to Chicago.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#46 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Bill McCreary #7 & Chris Rooney #5 Linesmen Steve Barton #59 & Scott Driscoll #68

:siren:

As long as McCreary's reffing, it'll be solidly-officiated. The NHL is truly going to miss his services next year.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

If only the young ones would pay attention and learn from one of the greats. The "McCreary Flip" will be missed.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#48 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

This one will be Mr. Salei's 900th NHL game. :clap:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#49 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hell no, I don't want one of our better penalty killers wasting 5 minutes in the box, fighting Nichol would be useless, and it might just backfire. That trade off is totally not worth it, Nichol is going to spend a whole 8 minutes on the ice? No thanks, I'd rather see Abdelkader forechecking and placing fear on the defenseman.

No fighting Nichol would get him to stop playing like a cheap prick out there all the time, he is not some useless enforcer or something either.

Nichol is a 60% on faceoffs, solid penalty killer. Obviously the time has to be right, I dont want Abdelkader getting an instigator in a 1 goal game or anything but Nichol has been running our guys all the time since last playoffs.

I guess you would rather have Nichol out there jumping guys like Kronwall instead of having a decent fighter like Abdelkader go after him? What has happened to wings fans, this is pathetic

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#50 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

I guess you would rather have Nichol out there jumping guys like Kronwall instead of having a decent fighter like Abdelkader go after him? What has happened to wings fans, this is pathetic

:lol:

I think that a lot of people are probably with you on this one. And honestly, after his decent showing against Ott, I'm surprised Abs hasn't been droppin' 'em a little more.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#51 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

I want a win no matter what, but it might be good to grind out another defensive win. Keep San Jose to 1 or fewer goals just to help the stats and show the team can still play tight defense, that it wasn't just a fluke.

5 straight games and you are still worried about it being a fluke? Too much negativity...
Do or do not. There is no try

#52 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

I think mainly because people won't go into this with their hopes up for Abby to go after Nichol. It is a thought and I see your point on it but I can't see it being something that comes to fruition. Without having great expectations for things I feel you never really get disappointed. A little life lesson applied there Posted Image

Edited by HankthaTank, 22 February 2011 - 05:03 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#53 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

:lol:

I think that a lot of people are probably with you on this one. And honestly, after his decent showing against Ott, I'm surprised Abs hasn't been droppin' 'em a little more.

Why does every single thread on LGW turn into an enforcer/fighting debate? It got stale a long time ago
Do or do not. There is no try

#54 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

anyone know if u can pick up online purchased tickets at the joe b4 the game?

Edited by maltbymaniac, 22 February 2011 - 05:01 PM.

sig by saran,Thanks

#55 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

First game back from the road trip, let's get it going early.. LETS GO RED WINGS
IPB Image

#56 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

Why does every single thread on LGW turn into an enforcer/fighting debate? It got stale a long time ago

Because this team's good enough that we don't have to argue about firing the coach or trading our top defenseman or getting a new GM. We've gotta have something to argue about :ph34r:

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#57 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

No fighting Nichol would get him to stop playing like a cheap prick out there all the time, he is not some useless enforcer or something either.

Nichol is a 60% on faceoffs, solid penalty killer. Obviously the time has to be right, I dont want Abdelkader getting an instigator in a 1 goal game or anything but Nichol has been running our guys all the time since last playoffs.

No it wouldn't.

Your conclusion is built off a faulty premise. We're only pathetic in your eyes because you think fighting Nichol will make him stop being a ******.

Fighting him won't change his mindset or how he is wired internally. Cooke fights all the time, he still cheap shots. Ott fights all the time, he still cheap shots. Mike Richards still cheap shots even though he fights. Kostopolous fights and clearly he still cheap shots. And this is true for the majority, and not the minority. Player A fighting player B has no effect on whether player B will continue to cheap shot.

But if we fought him right away he won't cheap shot anyone! Why would we fight a guy and get an instigator when he hasn't done anything? Because he will do something! So as long as we every team fights Cooke/Richards/OV/Ott etc at the beginning of the puck drop, they would stop throwing cheap shots? Well, no.... Exactly.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#58 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard is 4-0, with a 1.47 goals-against average and .949 save percentage, since being pulled midway through a 4-1 loss to Nashville on Feb. 9.

I give Howie a hard time pretty often, (mainly because I believe he is NOT the goalie of the future for the Wings but thats neither here nor there) but he has really picked up his play. Hopefully he can keep it rolling.

Edited by Xitium, 22 February 2011 - 05:34 PM.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

Can't wait for this game; I hope we bury them.

Wings 5-1, Franzen finally gets on the board.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 22 February 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#60 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Bert stay hot
IPB Image