• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Ken Holland on NHL Live @ 1:30

Rate this topic

RECAP so far:

Holland: Osgood practiced full out this morning, if he has a good week may just stand pat.

Holland: If tonight were a playoff game, might pressure doctors to clear Modano.

Holland: Close to Cap, not in a position for a rental player.

Holland: For the most part I don't see us doing a lot.

Holland: Your team has to be comfortable in low scoring, tight checking games. Recently we have done that and hopefully we can continue to get better.

RECAP so far:

Holland: Osgood practiced full out this morning, if he has a good week may just stand pat.

Holland: If tonight were a playoff game, might pressure doctors to clear Modano.

Holland: Close to Cap, not in a position for a rental player.

Holland: For the most part I don't see us doing a lot.

Holland: Your team has to be comfortable in low scoring, tight checking games. Recently we have done that and hopefully we can continue to get better.

So basically the same thing he does every year "our injuries (FA signings) will be our trade deadline this year."

So basically the same thing he does every year "our injuries (FA signings) will be our trade deadline this year."

Unless you want a complete overhaul of our team this is what we'll likely get every year because we spend to the cap during the summer.

Unless you want a complete overhaul of our team this is what we'll likely get every year because we spend to the cap during the summer.

Yes I'm aware of that, i'm also aware that adding a guy at the deadline isn't horrible either.

Brad Stuart has worked out pretty well for us. Bertuzzi didn't impress to much when we picked him up, but it sowed the seeds for the player he is now.

I'm not a fan of "stand pat" especially when our rivals are certainly not.

Am I advocating that we go crazy and spend our young talent for a band-aid? No, I am however advocating that we got a solid 6th-7th D man and I certainly wouldn't be apposed to adding a vet backup either regardless of Ozzie's health.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Problem is, even if Kenny is looking for a depth dman and a back-up goalie, and maybe even perhaps a depth forward, there are too many buyers and not enough sellers with less than a week to go before the deadline. The prices have been high with desperate teams throwing around their 1st round picks like candy in panic moves. When healthy, we're the deepest team in the league no matter what other biased fans claim. Yzerman even said it himself last week. If we do anything, it will essentially be making a move just for the sake of making a move. I see all the rumoured names being bandied about, and as a whole, it does not impress me a whole lot. I think our line-up is set and I'm very happy with it. All I've wanted all season if for us to be healthy and we are very close to achieving it. Teams which make the most moves on July 1st and on Deadline Day are teams with alot of holes to fill due to injuries or bad management. I'll still watch deadline day and laugh as teams make panic moves and the moron analysts give each team making them the Cup. In Kenny we trust which I do.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Please ask him if he foresees any Cory Cross type signings.

Lilja for a 7th round pick.

Yes I'm aware of that, i'm also aware that adding a guy at the deadline isn't horrible either.

Brad Stuart has worked out pretty well for us. Bertuzzi didn't impress to much when we picked him up, but it sowed the seeds for the player he is now.

Am I advocating that we go crazy and spend our young talent for a band-aid? No, I am however advocating that we got a solid 6th-7th D man and I certainly wouldn't be apposed to adding a vet backup either regardless of Ozzie's health.

In theory that all makes sense but since we are up against the cap we have to weaken our team somewhere to upgrade somewhere else. So what players would you like to see go for what players you'd like to see come in? It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I am sure if the right deal presents it's self Kenny will make it happen but it has to be the right deal, like Stuart. That's what we've always done.

Guest Heaten

I'm glad Holland is standing pat and not making any needless moves.

That said, now is the time to trade either Kindl, Ericsson or Salei. Defensemen are at an all time high right now and could bring some decent return.

I'm glad Holland is standing pat and not making any needless moves.

That said, now is the time to trade either Kindl, Ericsson or Salei. Defensemen are at an all time high right now and could bring some decent return.

A) Rusty isan't going anywheres B) Big E isan't either C) Kindl is a likley canidate but i doubt it.

Prior to the injuries the Wings were sitting first overall with several games in hand over the opposition. I don't see what's wrong about looking at Flip, Ozzie, Modano and co as our deadline acquisition. Our offense has has no trouble this year (flirting with Vancouver for most goals/game), defense has been average at best but I don't know that personnel changes will fix our issues. The Wings' top four is Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Stuart which any way you cut it is impressive. Ericsson is playing beyond his years and for what Holland pays them, Salei and Ericsson have both been quite effective. (For the record I think the Wings' defensive struggles have been mostly team-oriented, and not focused solely on the mishaps of an individual). Goaltending is the only real cause for concern imo. Osgood has been incredibly poor the past couple seasons, Jimmy is having a sophomore slump, but when you look at the available goaltenders out there and the space we have to work with, there aren't really a whole lot of options that will benefit us overall.

Standing pat this year is a good move, even if it leads to a boring day in late February.

Guest mjtm77

Problem is, even if Kenny is looking for a depth dman and a back-up goalie, and maybe even perhaps a depth forward, there are too many buyers and not enough sellers with less than a week to go before the deadline. The prices have been high with desperate teams throwing around their 1st round picks like candy in panic moves. When healthy, we're the deepest team in the league no matter what other biased fans claim. Yzerman even said it himself last week. If we do anything, it will essentially be making a move just for the sake of making a move. I see all the rumoured names being bandied about, and as a whole, it does not impress me a whole lot. I think our line-up is set and I'm very happy with it. All I've wanted all season if for us to be healthy and we are very close to achieving it. Teams which make the most moves on July 1st and on Deadline Day are teams with alot of holes to fill due to injuries or bad management. I'll still watch deadline day and laugh as teams make panic moves and the moron analysts give each team making them the Cup. In Kenny we trust which I do.

flyers, Nucks............. I would say the Flyers are deeper than us. Your the one being bias

the Wings rival in the west is Vancouver

they haven't done anything either

Guest Hatethedrake!

flyers, Nucks............. I would say the Flyers are deeper than us. Your the one being bias

Actually guy, you're the one being biased. Until the Canucks or the Flyers prove they can win the Cup (1974 and 1975 is too long ago) then the Wings are a better playoff proven team. I'll take the Wings group of forwards and dmen over both the Canucks and Flyers. I don't go by the standings which is what you seem to be basing your flawed argument on. I'll also take Steve Yzerman's word over yours. If he says the Wings are still the deepest team in the league then that is good enough for me. I believed that to be the case anyway but when Yzerman says it then it has more credence. Yours doesn't. Howard is better than either Boucher or Bobrovsky. Luongo is better than Howard. That's about the only edge I give either the Flyers or the Canucks.

Edited by Hatethedrake!