• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvmnger

steal the face of a franchise!

Rate this topic

removing #8 and #87 from the equation  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok....i am bored. the wings are not going to do any dealing this deadline.

so, who do you guys think would flourish the most in the wings system AS IF the wings got em for free.

who would make the Stanley Cup, a sure fire, all bets are off, done deal?

my choice...

Lecavlier

he live for the fast, open, sniper style with crisp passing and good line mates.

in my opinion...he would turn us into a juggernaut.

wow, good job, a poll that actually requires some thought!

This is a tough one and obviously all of the players listed would be amazing here, but I chose Nash due to his work ethic and what he could do on this team, I think a puck possession style would REALLY benefit him and I think his skill is a little wasted in Columbus... with that said, I think Lecavalier would be a close second, although, as someone else touched on, Stamkos would fit even better...

Edited by stevkrause

I had a tough time choosing between Nash and Getzlaf but I ended up choosing Nash. Only reason is because I assumed we'd keep our current line up and if we were to have Getzlaf (a centre) it would force Datsyuk and Zetterberg together all the time, which I don't like. I like the ability to play them together some times and to split them up sometimes. If Getzlaf was here we'd have to keep them together to make use of Fil as our 3rd line centre beacuse he's so much more useful as a centre than a winger.

I'd go with in 2011/12:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom/Cleary

Nash - Datsyuk - Hudler

Bertuzzi - Filppula - Cleary/Holmstrom

Eaves - Helm - Abdelkader

Then whatever they decide to do with everyone else

I picked the guy that annoys the crap out of everyone when he is on the ice, so Getzy was an obvious choice here. Big body, great hands, does everything well...hate to play against him and would love to have him in the winged wheel

Alfredsson, Doan, and Iginla are older players. They're out.

Thornton, Getzlaf, and Lecavalier are playmaking centers. Sorry, we've got plenty.

This leaves Nash, Vanek, and Miller.

Nash and Vanek are goal scoring wingers, and Nash definitely brings more to the party than Vanek does. Nash is speedy, physical, and can be a consistent 50-goal guy if put with a top center. Vanek isn't quite that good.

Nash or Miller? Miller would be an upgrade in goal, but for how long? If Howard gets back on track, Miller might be the outright backup in a couple of years.

So Nash is the winner, even though he's one of the worst players on the list.

We need a player who back checks hard, is an above average skater and is European to fit the Red Wing mold or has some connection to Michigan.

That leaves us with: Miller, Alfie, Vanek. If age wasn't a factor, i'd go with Alfie, but since apparently we are taking that into consideration, my vote goes with a goalie who has been known to steal a game or two.

I cant stand Getzlaf when we're playing against the ducks. But he'd look damn good with a winged wheel on his chest.

We could use a gritty player like him. Even though it's waaaaaaaaaaay out of the possibility.