• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvmnger

steal the face of a franchise!

Rate this topic

removing #8 and #87 from the equation  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gotta go with Getzlaf. I can't stand him, but he would be my favorite player if he wore the winged wheel. He was the guy I enjoyed watched the most on team Canada in last year's Olympics. He's a great all around player.

Alfredsson seems like the most realistic choice given the role he'd play, the likelihood of prying him away from his team and what the Wings need.

Alfy would fit in perfectly with the Wings, is a warrior in the playoffs who will play through any injury and is old enough that he could be considered a deadline pick-up. It'd probably take too much to get him from Ottawa.

Getzlaf would be awesome too but we're very deep down the middle with Dats, Z and Val.

Nash would be an awesome addition to Datsyuk's line.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It's a tough choice between Nash & Getzlaf. I choose Nash because I think of him as the better teammate.

I picked Nash. Big, strong, physical, skilled power forward that can deke around the whole team and goes to the dirty areas. Maybe he can motivate Franzen to play like a power forward all the time. Would be pretty damn sweet to see 2 guys like that on the top 2 lines, makes for very dangerous lines especially with Dats and Z setting them up.

I had to go with Nash because of our logjam at center, and the fact that Nash is a big body that plays rough on the wing, which this team desperately needs.

Come back, Shanny.

The Red Wings really dont have a true goal scorer on the team so I'm going with the best sniper on that list, Jarome Iginla. He would score 60 goals per year with Dats as his center.

Edited by UP2HERE

It comes down to a choice between Getzlaf and Nash, but it really isn't a choice at all for me because I don't think Nash is worth his contract.

Getz makes $5.325M

Nash makes $7.8M

Getz's career high in points - 91

Nash's career high in points - 79, and that's the only time he's ever broken the 70 point barrier

Nash is a great goal scorer, but I'll take the point-per-game power forward who makes $2.5M less annually every time.

I'm surprised at how many votes there are for Nash. Nobody around here wanted to pay Hossa over $6M when he scored 40 goals and 70 points for us. Those are basically the best numbers Nash has ever put up and he chews up a ton more cap space.

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing