• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/24 GDT: Stars 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Here is what I think after this game:

- Howard is not cutting it... Babs needs to get Ozzie going March 9th when he returns and if Ozzie feels good and plays good then he needs to be our guy

- tonite showed me again why I HATE babcock's D pairings... the team plays best with Lidstrom and Rafi together he needs to get that in his head

- Franzen continues to be useless... with Fil and Modano back on Saturday I would like to see Franzen sit the game out.

- with the guys back these are the lines I want Babs to use:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Cleary- Filpulla- Hudler

Bertuzzi- Modano- Franzen

Miller- Draper- Eaves

Lidstrom- Rafalski

Kronwall- Stu

Salai- Ericson

- I know the 3rd pariing sucks but at least we can maximize our first 2 pairings (we won the Cup doing that did we not)

- Pavs and Z are the best line in hockey when they get their chemestry and I want them on the same line as Pavs can feed Hank

Yup. When your leading scorer is on a cold streak, you sit him. That's the only way to get him going again.

Here is what I think after this game:

- Howard is not cutting it... Babs needs to get Ozzie going March 9th when he returns and if Ozzie feels good and plays good then he needs to be our guy

- tonite showed me again why I HATE babcock's D pairings... the team plays best with Lidstrom and Rafi together he needs to get that in his head

- Franzen continues to be useless... with Fil and Modano back on Saturday I would like to see Franzen sit the game out.

- with the guys back these are the lines I want Babs to use:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Cleary- Filpulla- Hudler

Bertuzzi- Modano- Franzen

Miller- Draper- Eaves

Lidstrom- Rafalski

Kronwall- Stu

Salai- Ericson

- I know the 3rd pariing sucks but at least we can maximize our first 2 pairings (we won the Cup doing that did we not)

- Pavs and Z are the best line in hockey when they get their chemestry and I want them on the same line as Pavs can feed Hank

I like that. Def the ZDH at the end of the game was great.

I say switch cleary for franzen cause cleary mo bert would be a sick line. i dont like bert and franzen together, they arent producing anything.

AGREE with the d lines. im done with this s***. play two lines heavily and let salei ericsson play low minutes. its not like they are that bad either, id be okay with them playing 15min a game.

rafalski seems to drag his ass when hes not paired with lids.

Yup. When your leading scorer is on a cold streak, you sit him. That's the only way to get him going again.

i was kinda hoping that ericsson standing up for him and fighting ott would spark him a little.

Franzen is just not used to playing a full season.

Apparently, he can't play for a long stretch of time at a good level. He's used to a hot streak, a long injury, followed by another hot streak.

He's coasting way too often out there. Maybe he's afraid of another concussion so he stays away from the scoring areas.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yeah, you said that already.

just in case you missed it, Franzen is no Fedorov. Actually he blows, but he sure is worth the contract he signed! He scores in bunches and is FAR from consistent. Anything else that needs to be repeated?

This team needs a shake up, and I certainly hope Holland actually does something this monday and shows the fans that he cares about them.

Pile on those 30 min skates, wear the guys out. I dont care if they lose a few games because they are worn out, they need to get work ethic back. What Babs did was obviously a short term fix. Trade somebody, shock the team. Shake it up. The Wings lazyness has reached a whole new level this season, they are either on or they aren't.

I think the team is bored. Which is bad, because I want them to have some type of momentum heading into the playoffs. Some games we look like a cup contending team, other games, 1st or 2nd round exit. Would the real red wings please show up soon?

Hopefully late March will get them going. Pens, Caps, Canucks, Hawks...all at home.

...and to think, after his 5 goal game, some folks were comparing him to Fedorov...

Didn't Fedorov only score about 26 goals that season?

I only watched the first period and the last 3 minutes of the third but from what I saw they were just out worked. Z's line in the first had one good shift other than that they were in their own zone.

just in case you missed it, Franzen is no Fedorov. Actually he blows, but he sure is worth the contract he signed! He scores in bunches and is FAR from consistent. Anything else that needs to be repeated?

This team needs a shake up, and I certainly hope Holland actually does something this monday and shows the fans that he cares about them.

I'm pretty he's been showing us that for 15 years, deadline deals or not.

This is why you don't hand out 11 year contracts. Especially after you drafted that player when he was 24, had never consistantly scored at any level pre-nhl, and had only shown play worth his cap hit for a little over a season. I cringed when his contract was signed and I still don't like it. If Franzen is prone to be lazy, then its even worse. This guy KNOWS he has a job for the next 10 years, pretty much whether or not he lives up to the contract.

Used them all up against Ottawa.

0 goals in his last 11, 5 goals in his last 12 :yowza:

Oh god, here we go again. On Monday I'm quite Holland will do exactly what you're doing and panic and make a bunch of stupid trades to satisfy your need to panic about a team that is 2nd in the west, fighting through injuries and hasn't missed the playoffs in 2 decades. <_<