• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#241 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

Haha, you probably think I'm E_S_A_D. He was brilliant.

We've had about 200 retards just like him through here. Nothing special.

#242 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Any chance we score 3 in the 3rd?

Any chance that we score 3 goals in the 3rd? Doubtful but possible.

Any chance that we GIVE UP 0 goals at the same time? Almost impossible.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#243 ToughnessWinsCups

ToughnessWinsCups

Draftee

• 5 posts

This is frustrating to watch. I can't stand these bastardsf****** with Howard and NOBODY does anything about it. I'm all for the red wing style of play but man, sometimes you just got to bash somebody's teeth in.

This is what, from my reading, posters here have been saying literally for years.

There is a guy named Esteef, GMRwings83, and an old guy named E_S_A_D (he still here?) that all made valid and intelligent points.

#244 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

well this sucks
Posted Image

#245 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

When I first looked at the GDT and saw Lehtonen had 0 shutouts I stupidly thought that we were going to score some goals.

#246 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

I think we are seeing a lot of what we have seen this season... the other team's goalie making great saves to keep his team in the game while ours is not. Every time Howard lets in a goal ppl say "oh but he had no chance" well it is the job of a goalie to make saves to keep his team in it... Leighton is doing that very well right now... impo when ozzie comes back Babs should get him going and if ozzie can get into ggear he is our best bet to win

#247 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm sorry, but sometimes I think certain guys are deserving of getting sucker-punched or being the victim of out-and-out leave your feet boarding/charging. One of those would be Ott.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#248 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

This is what, from my reading, posters here have been saying literally for years.

There is a guy named Esteef, GMRwings83, and an old guy named E_S_A_D (he still here?) that all made valid and intelligent points.

I'm curious on which goals where would toughness have prevented the puck from going in?

Thank you in advance.

Posted Image

#249 ToughnessWinsCups

ToughnessWinsCups

Draftee

• 5 posts

I really hope that's you. I missed your hyperbole and outright bashing of the franchise.

He bashed the franchise or the current style of play?

#250 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

When I first looked at the GDT and saw Lehtonen had 0 shutouts I stupidly thought that we were going to score some goals.

when i saw that the dallas stars last ten games were 1-8-1 i thought we would win
Posted Image

#251 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Power play struggling...as usual.

Posted Image

#252 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

He bashed the franchise or the current style of play?

You name it, he bashed it.

Posted Image

#253 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

I think we are seeing a lot of what we have seen this season... the other team's goalie making great saves to keep his team in the game while ours is not. Every time Howard lets in a goal ppl say "oh but he had no chance" well it is the job of a goalie to make saves to keep his team in it... Leighton is doing that very well right now... impo when ozzie comes back Babs should get him going and if ozzie can get into ggear he is our best bet to win

this :thumbup:
Posted Image

#254 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

All fighting would do right now would give the knuckle-draggers a reason to cheer, it won't help the Wings at all. f*** this fighting s***, it's not going to give us any goal or any extra points. Drive to the net, grab those rebounds and for f***'s sake DROP MCCRIMMON!

Toughness doesn't win games or Cups, defense and skill does. Period.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#255 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Does anyone have a stream for the Habs game? :/

#256 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Howard over-commited on every goal tonight. It's ridiculous. And this is coming from a Howard fan. He's really getting on my nerves lately though. Another 3+ goal game for Howard. It's getting ridiculous.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#257 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

Howard over-commited on every goal tonight. It's ridiculous. And this is coming from a Howard fan. He's really getting on my nerves lately though. Another 3+ goal game for Howard. It's getting ridiculous.

They really need to go out and get a real backup goalie at the deadline. Not only is he struggling, but he's being overworked as well, which could be part of why he doesn't seem to be there mentally all the time. I dunno.

#258 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Posted Image

#259 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

I'm not saying go out and get a bunch of goons. All I want is these guys to show some passion and maybe step up for our goalie. That's not too much to ask for since we have some guys who if push come to shove can handle themselves quite well like Bert, Abby, Ericsson, even Cleary, the dude who stood up to pronger once!

Just show your teammates that you've got their back once in a while.

#260 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

They really need to go out and get a real backup goalie at the deadline. Not only is he struggling, but he's being overworked as well, which could be part of why he doesn't seem to be there mentally all the time. I dunno.

Yeah but there's two questions with that:

1. Who in the heck is available
2. Who can they afford? It's a prorated salary, but they don't have much money.

Would have been nice to get nabokov.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.