• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/24 GDT: Stars 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

0 goals in his last 11, 5 goals in his last 12 :yowza:

The Mule is on fire! 5 goals in 12 games! Unstoppable!

More seriously though.. I don't mind the Wings losing.. happens to the best teams.. no one goes 82-0.. I just get frustrated beyond belief with how they constantly look like they are totally fine with losing.

I mentioned earlier that the Wings brass has a "win with the team you've got" mentality heading into the trade deadline.. which is fine by me. That's why they get paid the big bucks and I'm sitting in my s***ty apartment. But I kind of think it's a bad idea making it so public.. I mean on one hand players could see it as a vote of confidence.. or on the other hand they see it as a free pass to take a game off once in a while.. I would like to see Holland come out and tell the world he was looking to improve.. just to see how well this team could play when everyone is playing to keep their spot on a cup contender.

Modano wasn't doing THAT good when he went down.. but I think the best part about him coming back and the team having a healthy set of forwards again will cause a spark simply because when that happens, if you don't come to play there is a good chance that next game someone else is going to be taking your spot.

Edited by GSBrooks13

Guest Hatethedrake!

It's mostly due to a lack of effort as to why we lose at home. Yeah our defensive coverage is not the best at times but as a whole, they just get outworked. I'd like to see Lidstrom paired with Rafalski again and Stuart re-united with Kronwall. Salei with Ericsson. The giveaways are annoying as hell. It seems each time a Wing has the puck and tries to carry it, he turns it over. Anyway, I'm not worried. I know what this team can do and I still think they will win the Cup. It would be nice to get on a roll heading into the playoffs. We have to keep winning or else teams behind us can catch us. Maybe it's good we're heading out west now. We seem to play much better away from the Joe. When was the last time our home record was this bad? 1990?

wings_fanatic user_popup.png
  • Here is what I think after this game:
    - Howard is not cutting it... Babs needs to get Ozzie going March 9th when he returns and if Ozzie feels good and plays good then he needs to be our guy
    - tonite showed me again why I HATE babcock's D pairings... the team plays best with Lidstrom and Rafi together he needs to get that in his head
    - Franzen continues to be useless... with Fil and Modano back on Saturday I would like to see Franzen sit the game out.
    - with the guys back these are the lines I want Babs to use:
    Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer
    Cleary- Filpulla- Hudler
    Bertuzzi- Modano- Franzen
    Miller- Draper- Eaves
    Lidstrom- Rafalski
    Kronwall- Stu
    Salai- Ericson

No Helm? Even though he hasn't done much except score one goal in like 30+ games, I still like Abdelkader more than Miller. The reason why Lids and Raf aren't together that much is so that their bodies are spared for the playoffs. I remember at the beginning of the year Babs said he'd do this so that Stu and E can go back and retrieve the puck, while allowing Lids and Raf to set up the break out.

After last night's game, I'm just sad. Here's to hoping they turn things around against a desperate Buffalo team. I want ZDH back together for a full game, and Flip center Cleary and Franzen. Mo being the pivot for Hudler and Bert. I don't know...anything but Mo Flip Homer...I just don't like the sounds of that one...

No Helm? Even though he hasn't done much except score one goal in like 30+ games, I still like Abdelkader more than Miller. The reason why Lids and Raf aren't together that much is so that their bodies are spared for the playoffs. I remember at the beginning of the year Babs said he'd do this so that Stu and E can go back and retrieve the puck, while allowing Lids and Raf to set up the break out.

After last night's game, I'm just sad. Here's to hoping they turn things around against a desperate Buffalo team. I want ZDH back together for a full game, and Flip center Cleary and Franzen. Mo being the pivot for Hudler and Bert. I don't know...anything but Mo Flip Homer...I just don't like the sounds of that one...

Off topic, but interesting user name.

howard .875 :thumbup:

salei the only defensemen not a minus

The stats were not indicative of how this game was played. Howard cannot be faulted on the first two goals. Blown defensive coverages is how you lose games, not win them. Even the 3rd goal was a tough one to save because of the fact he committed to the first shot, and it rebounds off a defenseman in front and got another shot. You can call it a lucky bounce or puck luck, but this kind of crap happens all the time.

Did you notice that Dallas kept a vast majority of shots to the outside where they were easy saves? Hell, Detroit didn't get anything going until the 3rd period, and there is NO excuse why the team just did not play well until then.

As other posters have pointed out, the Wings have played bored. Even in the rec leagues, you can tell teams that are playing bored, because they let teams that are not as good as they are hang around in games or beat them.

The entire team should be faulted for this loss. Not one player. Not the defensive pairings. The whole freaking team. They have to go out there and outwork the other team, not sit on their asses and play uninspired.

/end rant

Next game on the schedule is on Saturday. Lets go wings!

just in case you missed it, Franzen is no Fedorov. Actually he blows, but he sure is worth the contract he signed! He scores in bunches and is FAR from consistent. Anything else that needs to be repeated?

This team needs a shake up, and I certainly hope Holland actually does something this monday and shows the fans that he cares about them.

Yea, Franzen is on pace for 36 goals this year and averages 0.6 goals/game in the last 3 playoffs but he blows...

The stats were not indicative of how this game was played. Howard cannot be faulted on the first two goals. Blown defensive coverages is how you lose games, not win them. Even the 3rd goal was a tough one to save because of the fact he committed to the first shot, and it rebounds off a defenseman in front and got another shot. You can call it a lucky bounce or puck luck, but this kind of crap happens all the time.

Did you notice that Dallas kept a vast majority of shots to the outside where they were easy saves? Hell, Detroit didn't get anything going until the 3rd period, and there is NO excuse why the team just did not play well until then.

As other posters have pointed out, the Wings have played bored. Even in the rec leagues, you can tell teams that are playing bored, because they let teams that are not as good as they are hang around in games or beat them.

The entire team should be faulted for this loss. Not one player. Not the defensive pairings. The whole freaking team. They have to go out there and outwork the other team, not sit on their asses and play uninspired.

/end rant

Next game on the schedule is on Saturday. Lets go wings!

Good rant. I'm with you. Lack of effort, nothing more, nothing less.

Why are the Wings playing bored? Have we won the last 3 Cups in a row or something.

This boredom could lead to an early playoff exit if they aren't careful.

Absolutely positively the only word that describe their play thumbup.gif BORED

Having people laugh at the thought of coming to the Joe for a playoff game is also an extreme disadvantage. We have no home-ice advantage at all right now.

Absolutely positively the only word that describe their play thumbup.gif BORED

Having people laugh at the thought of coming to the Joe for a playoff game is also an extreme disadvantage. We have no home-ice advantage at all right now.

This team choked in the 2009 Finals, barely beat a Phoenix team they're a lot more talented than in the 1st round last year, and was almost swept out of the 2nd round by the Sharks.

I just don't understand where the boredom comes from. They need to play like some team on a mission to regain the Cup. Instead, they're playing like they won it last year and the year before. I don't see the drive right now.

This team choked in the 2009 Finals, barely beat a Phoenix team they're a lot more talented than in the 1st round last year, and was almost swept out of the 2nd round by the Sharks.

I just don't understand where the boredom comes from. They need to play like some team on a mission to regain the Cup. Instead, they're playing like they won it last year and the year before. I don't see the drive right now.

There's no drive at all. They're playing like "ohh, we'll take some games off. They don't matter anyway. We're already a lock for the playoffs. We're getting guys back soon anyway." Reminds me sort of the 2002 team that took the last quarter of the regular season off. Luckily, they woke up in the playoffs after a red-hot Vancouver team took the first 2 at home in the Western Quarter Finals.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Why are the Wings playing bored? Have we won the last 3 Cups in a row or something.

This boredom could lead to an early playoff exit if they aren't careful.

They played bored back in 2002 after they had the Presidents trophy all secured in February. They had a horrible stretch of games in the last month. Hell, they didn't win a regular season game in the month of April. They were booed off the ice in a game I saw against St. Louis that year in the month of April.

Yet they won the cup that year.

I do agree with you, boredom can lead to an early exit, but it isn't indicative of an early exit. You should be more worried about a team that comes in hungrier than the Wings or a hot goalie beating them out. Those are the only two situations I see them getting bounced early in the playoffs.

That game wasn't great, but the game against the Sharks was excellent for 60 minutes. Yes, the Wings lost, but it could easily have gone either way. No shame in that.

I can understand this team being bored. They've worked their way into a playoff spot atop their conference, they know the system, and they know that these games don't really matter. They go through this almost every year. It's about the playoffs for this team, not the regular season, and I'd have a hard time getting excited about facing an uninteresting team, too. Unless the game promises something out of the ordinary, I don't see that changing. There will be more dull games than good ones into April, which makes it a boring time to be a Wings fan but whatever. There are a ton of other good teams in the west right now who are playing exciting games because they need to - if you want to see an exciting game, go watch one of those. Otherwise, chill out and wait for April.

Franzen reminds me a lot of Heatley, in good and bad ways. When he's scoring you love him, when he isn't it's hard to know why he gets minutes. Both are also feast or famine. But Franzen's also having a better year than Heatley, and, like Stuart, is dependable in the playoffs. I know which one I would rather have on my team.

They played bored back in 2002 after they had the Presidents trophy all secured in February. They had a horrible stretch of games in the last month. Hell, they didn't win a regular season game in the month of April. They were booed off the ice in a game I saw against St. Louis that year in the month of April.

Yet they won the cup that year.

I do agree with you, boredom can lead to an early exit, but it isn't indicative of an early exit. You should be more worried about a team that comes in hungrier than the Wings or a hot goalie beating them out. Those are the only two situations I see them getting bounced early in the playoffs.

There is a big difference between the 2002 team and this current one. You cannot really compare the two IMO.

That game wasn't great, but the game against the Sharks was excellent for 60 minutes. Yes, the Wings lost, but it could easily have gone either way. No shame in that.

I can understand this team being bored. They've worked their way into a playoff spot atop their conference, they know the system, and they know that these games don't really matter. They go through this almost every year. It's about the playoffs for this team, not the regular season, and I'd have a hard time getting excited about facing an uninteresting team, too. Unless the game promises something out of the ordinary, I don't see that changing. There will be more dull games than good ones into April, which makes it a boring time to be a Wings fan but whatever. There are a ton of other good teams in the west right now who are playing exciting games because they need to - if you want to see an exciting game, go watch one of those. Otherwise, chill out and wait for April.

Franzen reminds me a lot of Heatley, in good and bad ways. When he's scoring you love him, when he isn't it's hard to know why he gets minutes. Both are also feast or famine. But Franzen's also having a better year than Heatley, and, like Stuart, is dependable in the playoffs. I know which one I would rather have on my team.

so I guess people should just cancel there season tickets then. People go to watch the Wings play live to see an experience not many teams can say they get to watch, not to watch them be 'bored' and not care. I know if I still lived in Detroit I wouldn't waste my hard earn money if this was the logic.

There is a big difference between the 2002 team and this current one. You cannot really compare the two IMO.

The point is every team has a stretch where they play bored or uninspired. The season is 82 games, not 12.