• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

TB ticket prices not going up

Rate this topic

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/article1153531.ece

TAMPA — The decision by the Lightning not to raise ticket prices for the playoffs and next season for its season-ticket holders was not hatched Feb. 17, CEO Tod Leiweke said.

But the sea of red at the St. Pete Times Forum for a 6-2 loss to the Red Wings convinced Leiweke the decision was correct.

"Quite honestly, I didn't like last Thursday, and it was beyond the final score," he said Wednesday. "I have a great respect for the Red Wings and their brand … but I vowed at the end of that game we wouldn't go through anything like that again."

Hence this decision: Season-ticket prices next season for full and partial plans will be the same as this season. Those prices, on a per-game basis, will be available to season-ticket holders for each round of this year's playoffs, when teams traditionally raise prices.

One caveat, team spokesman Bill Wickett said: Seat locations cannot be guaranteed after March 25. Single-game ticket prices will be announced later.

"We're saying to all those lapsed season-ticket holders … to come back and be part of this franchise," Leiweke said. "The lifeblood of this team ultimately is going to be found in the season-ticket support we have."

Keeping tickets out of Wings fans' hands the next time Detroit is in town would be a bonus.

"We want to create a brand that has roots and has passion," Leiweke said. "We have a chance to do that. We feel we can fill this building with our own fans."

I say good luck and God speed, but he's got his work cut out for him. Florida being a transient, snow bird destination is going to attract other teams' fans; not to mention the Yzerman factor. This on top of the non-traditional market hole they need to dig themselves out of.

Am I alone here or do I feel like he also dug himself a hole here with this article? You know its bad when they come out publicly and voice out that "we don't have enough fans." If I were the owner, I would be HAPPY to play the red wings again, why? Because the sea of red isn't just red wings fans, their fans that are paying OUR bill. It's nice to have fan's of your own, but be blessed that other fans are willing to travel into your grounds willing to pay YOU to watch their team play. Who cares, Tampa Bay's fan base will grow in a few years, give it time bucko.

Edited by evilzyme

if theyre concerned about people not buying season tickets then why wouldnt they lower prices as opposed to keeping them the same? that doesnt make anymore incentive to buy the tickets, nor does it prevent ticket holders from selling them to make money. tickets were in high demand for that game because of the wings fans. any ticket holder who didnt really care about going would capitalize on that demend.

Florida is a popular spot for Michiganders. It's just a straight shot down 75.

Also, I never really understood why people would get angry at opposing fans at their arena. After all, that money they're spending is going to YOUR hockey organization.

Florida is a popular spot for Michiganders. It's just a straight shot down 75.

Also, I never really understood why people would get angry at opposing fans at their arena. After all, that money they're spending is going to YOUR hockey organization.

In the case of Montreal, Toronto and Detroit, it's going to the Preds and Coyotes. :)

What the moron doesn't understand is Florida is a "right to work state" and as such wages SUCK and when the Lightening "CHOOSE" to screw the pooch by jacking up the ticket prices to like triple for Red Wings games a lot of people say screw it, I'll just skip this one and the "transplants" will go ahead and PAY through the ass for tickets because they only go when the Wings are in town........