• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Avery Sucks.

Rate this topic

I dont mind the stuff Avery does one the ice. He knows his roll and hes good at it. It what he does off the ice that bothers me. He doesn't know when to stop sometimes and carries that stuff into the locker room. Its well documented how he used to unmercifully haze/taunt Dustin Brown when he played in LA. I'll pass on that.

Really? Strange...having watched roughly 50 games this year it seems pretty obvious that Franzen won't even involve himself in a scrum when one of his teammates is getting pushed around by the opposition.

No preseason for you?

No playoffs last year?

Maybe he doesn't try to square up with players to fight often because he isn't very good at it?

And maybe you think Avery has "heart and desire" because you don't understand that he is simply acting like a sideshow for the attention? The guy was booted from Detroit for his attitude, and is only able to find a hospitable team in the Rangers who are a pretty mediocre at best franchise.

Yeah, what an inspiration. Don't forget he chose 19 in LA because it was "in honor of Yzerman's stick collecting tour". His own words.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Nothing against Maltby, but there's a particular reason why I would take Avery over Maltby...I'll let you guess what it may be ;)

Yeah, I already know. Good for that logic but I will take Maltby's hardware he has on his fingers over Avery's bruises from attempting to be "tough.

Really?

Any examples you can offer - I'm curious.

players get hazed in all pro sports, its just usually kept in the lockerroom. that is until dez bryant ******* about carrying shoulder pads.

was brown a rookie when this happened?

How is it that women love this guy?

I don't know. I can't stand him. Not only does this video show how much of a complete dbag he is, it shows how the idea of professionalism has never sank into his brain.

I don't give a crud what you say behind closed doors to your teammates, friends, and family. But to act so unprofessional to a fan? Hang up the skates, Avery. You don't belong anywhere near this league.

He didn't play the minimum games required and was not given a ring IIRC.

So, no.

he was givin a ring, his name just wasnt engraved on the cup i dont think. he showed it on mtv cribs lol.

ovi doesnt have a ring either, ur right malby>ovi

Edited by wings1110

What point was missed?

Maltby has Cup rings while Avery doesn't = Maltby a better player?

Not sure I agree with that.

Proves Malts undying unappreciation people have for his role he played on those teams. Entitled to your opinion you are but watch some old game tape. Maltby is and always will be a very underrated part of those Cup runs. Just overshadowed by an immense amount of talent.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I've always liked Avery.

22 points w/ 157 PIM (tied for 2nd) and only -2

Someone please explain what makes you dislike him so much...? His mouth?

Honestly, my beef with him is the same beef I have with Crosby. They're both good hockey players, it's his personal character that I can't stand. The guy is just a ******.

Edited by Selliria

I've always liked Avery.

His attitude.

His dives.

His lack of respect for his teammates (See: Yzerman comment).

Take your pick.

I've always liked Avery.

Helm has 24 points with much less PIM (which doesn't mean s*** to me really other than you are just hurting your team more) and a +7. Who do you want? His mouth by far and well see all of Doc's response.

I honestly wouldn't want Avery on this team but some people need to get some things in perspective.

Avery would actually be the toughest player on this team, he might not be the biggest hitter but he would consistently be the most involved in the rough stuff, fight the most, and be the most consistent hitter (on forward anyways). He might be a ******, I agree but he can actually fight and hit pretty good while having some talent. if he wasnt awful in the dressing room I would want him on the team.

Secondly, Franzen is not a tough player, he is actually very soft and rarely is involved in scrums at all... Yeah he is a great goal scorer, but people dont need to pretend because he is a red wing that he actually gets involved in scrums and hits a whole lot. He hits a minimum amount for a player his size, it is very rare that anyone that big is actually less physical or only as physical as Franzen.

His attitude.

His dives.

His lack of respect for his teammates (See: Yzerman comment).

Take your pick.

This coming from a guy who defends Franzens physicality?

Guest CaliWingsNut

Helm has 24 points with much less PIM (which doesn't mean s*** to me really other than you are just hurting your team more) and a +7. Who do you want? His mouth by far and well see all of Doc's response.

and he's done it in two less games...

I didn't say I'd give up Helm for Avery. Helm is one of my favorite players on the Wings.

However, I would trade any one of Eaves, Miller, Draper, Kindl or Abdelkader in exchange for Avery.

and he's done it in two less games...

I didn't say I'd give up Helm for Avery. Helm is one of my favorite players on the Wings.

However, I would trade any one of Eaves, Miller, Draper, Kindl or Abdelkader in exchange for Avery.

Probably 50 "tough" guys who can turn on the offense in the league I'd take over Avery just on principle alone.

Guest CaliWingsNut

What was this one?

I'm unsure of that one too...

I did find this from a few years ago...

"We used to talk to him about a lot of the things that he does and we talked to him about not doing it, I don't know that anybody is going to change Sean Avery. Having said that, a lot of the things he says I don't believe he really means, I think he says them for effect, unfortunately he can't take those things back," said Yzerman. "I think he is doing himself a disservice because he's a better person than he's coming across as and he's a good hockey player and I've said that to him countless times."