• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
e_prime

Avery Sucks.

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

Wait, people don't like him cause' he made fun of a teammate with a speech impediment? I always thought hockey players were tough...

The guy's a douchnozzle, but at least he has the balls to say what's on his mind instead of just whispering it to their teammates. I still laugh at being suspended for the "sloppy seconds" comment, and for being able to have a rule created just for you in one day when it takes the leagues years to start cracking down on headshots that end careers of its players.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

Oh come on, a girl's favorite thing in the world:

mexico-drug-money2.jpg

No, dear. A girl's favourite thing in the world is yambags.

We don't like douchebags.

Would that I had a hundred zillion plusses for Shoreline's post.

Jenny likes this

Shoreline's link is kind of a good one.

"The only thing I would say is obviously we had him as a young player at that time and our concern was his lack of respect for the game, the people in the game and, obviously, he left us," Holland said. "He has worked his way through a few organizations now and it's apparent that he hasn't matured."

"As someone who managed a team to a Stanley Cup, I have no place for him on my hockey club," Feaster told NHL.com. "The only way it works is if we're selfless as a group. Everything he's about is Sean Avery. It's the epitome of selfishness. It has nothing to do with the team perspective at all. I don't know how you win with a guy like Sean Avery."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=396369

...End thread?

Dano33, Selliria, 55fan and 1 other like this

99% of us would love this guy if he came back to Detroit, including myself.

Why?

What does he bring to the game that is so special and compensates for all of his flaws and issues?

Why?

What does he bring to the game that is so special and compensates for all of his flaws and issues?

It's the classic weighing of the pros/cons of any particular player.

If he were a bit more "quiet" in his manner off ice/dressing room - then we wouldn't hear alot about him.

I think what he brings come game time can be of a significant value.

Avery's the type of person you hate if he isn't on your team, but could (keyword COULD, not would) love if he were on your roster. His attitude as it showed in the past would've eventually gotten him out of the door in Detroit I think eventually if not for him being traded. He's had plenty of drama queen moments off the ice as well to question his attitude. I'm not one of these ZOMG TOUGHNESS YAY people on here but after years of being in the league, and not really hearing much drama out of him, I'd be open to giving him another opportunity given that he plays a physical style typically, and hoping that he has matured some.