• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Ericsson vs Ott

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

When I originally saw this I thought to myself that Big E tagged him good. Then I saw the replays here and realized the best "shots" that Mickey went crazy for were just punches to the side of Ott's helmet and E ragdolling him around. I guess when you're starving to see a fight anything will do, but this was more of a feel-good fight than anything for fans.. would have preferred E to actually hit Ott in the face.

Edited by Shoreline

When I originally saw this I thought to myself that Big E tagged him good. Then I saw the replays here and realized the best "shots" that Mickey went crazy for were just punches to the side of Ott's helmet and E ragdolling him around. I guess when you're starving to see a fight anything will do, but this was more of a feel-good fight than anything for fans.. would have preferred E to actually hit Ott in the face.

I think the key word there is "ragdolling". When one ragdolls another it is worth going crazy for>see McCabe vs Chara

Guest Shoreline

I think the key word there is "ragdolling". When one ragdolls another it is worth going crazy for>see McCabe vs Chara

In the case of McCabe and Chara that was simply funny watching McCabe go for a Chara rollercoaster ride but personally I didn't see anything good about this fight afterwards besides being thankful there was no additional comment on the recaps with the tag of "Ericsson out with a broken hand" from punching Ott's helmet.

Not that it was a great fight, but at least he did something.

This is about the ONE good thing he did all night. Ericsson seems to ALWAYS make the wrong decision every time the puck or a player with the puck comes near him. The more I see him play like this, the harder it is to believe there isn't someone better.

I like ericsson when he stickhandles into the zone a bit. he's got some decent moves on him from his forward days. but he struggles to pick his spots when to move up or stay back. then he makes boneheaded decisions at the blueline trying to pinch in terrible spots and trying to hold the zone when its too dangerous.

Hockeyfights.com posted this video on facebook and I saw one guy comment something along the lines of "Too bad Ott couldn't have got his original pick for a fight.. typical red wing"

So I of course had to comment and single him out and make him look just a little bit like a fool.

Anyways, does anyone have a count of how many games it's actually been since a Red Wing fought? Seems like forever. I'll settle for a ragdolling of that ugly douchebag, but it would have been so much sweeter to see Big E knock a few of the teeth out of Ott's mouth.. maybe that would finally shut him up for a while.

What surprised me about the fight was how many swings Ericcson got in (whether they were solid hits or not) before Ott tried to do anything to defend himself. I always thought for the amount of crap he gave out, he must know how to defend himself against getting some back, but jeez, the guy's just as bad as Perry! Still, props to Ericsson, even if Ott isn't all he's cracked up to be...I'm sick of that guy's BS, and E did something about it and made him embarrass the heck out of himself in the process.

Sure it wasn't the most spectacular fight, but I think Mickey got it right when he said its a huge confidence builder for E. Hopefully this new found confidence will allow him to mix it up a little more in the future.

btw how jacked was Mickey to see that fight? lol. The way he set the picture seemed very "Harwellesque" to me. "Ott and Ericcson at center ice! The mitts are down! Fans out of their seats! Whoa baby!!"

haha hes the man.

Edited by Din758

i came home from class and the 2nd period was ending with them down 3-0 and getting pushed around (i missed the howard scrum but saw them jawing at him at the end of the period).

my wife asked if i was going to stay up and watch the rest of the game and i said that i would, because i wanted to see if the team would respond like men.

honestly, that ericsson fight was one of the best things i've seen all year, just from the standpoint of somebody saying "enough already with your bulls*** against my teammates."

This is about the ONE good thing he did all night. Ericsson seems to ALWAYS make the wrong decision every time the puck or a player with the puck comes near him. The more I see him play like this, the harder it is to believe there isn't someone better.

Welcome to the cap world man. The Wings can't bring top 3 d-men in to play on the bottom pairing anymore. You have to use #5/6 defensemen in the #5/6 spot. I'd love to see Ericsson return to his form from earlier this season but people need to stop pretending we can make a trade and bring a top 4 guy in and slide Kronwall or Stuart onto the bottom pairing to replace E.

The Wings can't pay a #5 defenseman 3.5 million dollars a year. Guys like Ericsson and Salei make very little money and you get what you pay for. When E elevates his play as he did in the 09 playoffs and like he did during the first half of this season we're all happy but the inconsistency is to be expected from a guy who makes a million dollars a year.

If anyone needs to give their head a shake it's our stars who aren't producing: Rafalski and Franzen. I can't believe Franzen hasn't scored in 11 games... that has to change.

And when I say "very little money" I mean relative to our other defensemen :) I'd be perfectly happy to get paid what E does. :lol:

Hoon, I cannot agree more with you! When he dropped the gloves, I was like "Holy s***, he is doing something positive" Not to mention while in the box he didn't turn the puck over for 5 minutes! Amazing.

I'm sorry, but I do not like Ericsson at all, he brings nothing to the table except mistake after mistake! I must say Kindl was outworking him while Stu was down!

pretty sad when we all get excited for a fight that wasn't even that great, just goes to show how soft this team really is, franzen is a laughing stock when it comes to physical play.

It's funny because I swear I remember hearing about Franzen in camp when he first got here and was a force, crushing hits and fights a plenty. He was always in the scrums protecting the team. Then they saw him start to shoot and said stop that other s***. They better start poking this guy with a stick...

Welcome to the cap world man. The Wings can't bring top 3 d-men in to play on the bottom pairing anymore. You have to use #5/6 defensemen in the #5/6 spot. I'd love to see Ericsson return to his form from earlier this season but people need to stop pretending we can make a trade and bring a top 4 guy in and slide Kronwall or Stuart onto the bottom pairing to replace E.

The Wings can't pay a #5 defenseman 3.5 million dollars a year. Guys like Ericsson and Salei make very little money and you get what you pay for. When E elevates his play as he did in the 09 playoffs and like he did during the first half of this season we're all happy but the inconsistency is to be expected from a guy who makes a million dollars a year.

If anyone needs to give their head a shake it's our stars who aren't producing: Rafalski and Franzen. I can't believe Franzen hasn't scored in 11 games... that has to change.

And when I say "very little money" I mean relative to our other defensemen :) I'd be perfectly happy to get paid what E does. :lol:

To be honest, though, all of our defensemen save for Lids and Stuart look lazy as s*** out there. Maybe it's just the fact that Dallas was quicker than us last night, but Rafalski looked slow, Kronwall looked slow, Ericsson looked outright bad at times (respectable for fighting though), and Salei looked okay at times, but overall, our defense just looks like it's making all the wrong decisions out there at all the worst times. Seems to me like this could be a coaching issue or a defensive pairing issue, but I've never seen what I saw last night happen as much as it did. All the mistakes have to be coming from somewhere, and it's too bad because before the game against SJ, we hadn't allowed more than 2 goals since February 9th.

I'm not saying we need a trade because it was made pretty clear that we aren't going to get anyone who is a top defenseman willing to take bottom defenseman money and play there, but I really think they need some sort of a confidence booster to get back to where they were a few games ago. Last night was just incredibly sloppy.

It's funny because I swear I remember hearing about Franzen in camp when he first got here and was a force, crushing hits and fights a plenty. He was always in the scrums protecting the team. Then they saw him start to shoot and said stop that other s***. They better start poking this guy with a stick...

I dont remember him ever getting into fights but it is true he used to be a huge hitter when he was a bottom 6 player. Hitting and scoring like he does are not mutually exclusive of one another, he really is embarrassing when it comes to physical play for his size

I dont remember him ever getting into fights but it is true he used to be a huge hitter when he was a bottom 6 player. Hitting and scoring like he does are not mutually exclusive of one another, he really is embarrassing when it comes to physical play for his size

The same can be said for Bertuzzi. I just wish the guys with size would use it on occasion.