I was just happy to see someone finally stand up to that little punk Ott
IPB Image

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

When blood is drawn from a punk, an angel gets his wings.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

It's funny because I swear I remember hearing about Franzen in camp when he first got here and was a force, crushing hits and fights a plenty. He was always in the scrums protecting the team. Then they saw him start to shoot and said stop that other s***. They better start poking this guy with a stick...

I dont remember him ever getting into fights but it is true he used to be a huge hitter when he was a bottom 6 player. Hitting and scoring like he does are not mutually exclusive of one another, he really is embarrassing when it comes to physical play for his size

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

I dont remember him ever getting into fights but it is true he used to be a huge hitter when he was a bottom 6 player. Hitting and scoring like he does are not mutually exclusive of one another, he really is embarrassing when it comes to physical play for his size

The same can be said for Bertuzzi. I just wish the guys with size would use it on occasion.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

Good work, youngster. :clap:

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#26 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

The same can be said for Bertuzzi. I just wish the guys with size would use it on occasion.

I prefer seeing Bertuzzi without back troubles and playing every game.

#27 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

To be honest, though, all of our defensemen save for Lids and Stuart look lazy as s*** out there. Maybe it's just the fact that Dallas was quicker than us last night, but Rafalski looked slow, Kronwall looked slow, Ericsson looked outright bad at times (respectable for fighting though), and Salei looked okay at times, but overall, our defense just looks like it's making all the wrong decisions out there at all the worst times. Seems to me like this could be a coaching issue or a defensive pairing issue, but I've never seen what I saw last night happen as much as it did. All the mistakes have to be coming from somewhere, and it's too bad because before the game against SJ, we hadn't allowed more than 2 goals since February 9th.

I'm not saying we need a trade because it was made pretty clear that we aren't going to get anyone who is a top defenseman willing to take bottom defenseman money and play there, but I really think they need some sort of a confidence booster to get back to where they were a few games ago. Last night was just incredibly sloppy.

Agreed man. The entire defense was ugly yesterday. Even Lids had a rough night.

The Wings' confident play and fast pace starts with a quick outlet pass from the defense. When the D plays like s*** it's pretty tough for the forwards to get things going.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#28 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hockeyfights.com posted this video on facebook and I saw one guy comment something along the lines of "Too bad Ott couldn't have got his original pick for a fight.. typical red wing"

So I of course had to comment and single him out and make him look just a little bit like a fool.

Anyways, does anyone have a count of how many games it's actually been since a Red Wing fought? Seems like forever. I'll settle for a ragdolling of that ugly douchebag, but it would have been so much sweeter to see Big E knock a few of the teeth out of Ott's mouth.. maybe that would finally shut him up for a while.

Franzen cannot fight see 2008 playoffs concussion problems
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Given Bert's history I can forgive him for being hesitant when it comes to hitting other players and fighting.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

He hasnt had back problems for like 3 years, it wouldn't kill him to throw a hit.

That being said, I dont mind as long as he steps up a bit in playoffs and plays mean

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

The hunger and desire of past seasons is just not there. I hate to be so caustic but this is a Semi-Finals team(maybe!) at best. They flip the switch and all that but right now they just seem bored.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#32 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

He hasnt had back problems for like 3 years, it wouldn't kill him to throw a hit.

That being said, I dont mind as long as he steps up a bit in playoffs and plays mean

I don't think that is a coincidence.

But yeah I agree, in the playoffs he shouldn't be holding back, and you can notice him being more physical on the forecheck when we are behind as well.

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,613 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Good showing by Ericsson, although as others have said, it wasn't really a good fight.

He needs to throw a little more frequently, and then he'll hopefully develop some killer instinct. He shouldn't have allowed Ott to get back in the fight.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Good showing by Ericsson, although as others have said, it wasn't really a good fight.

He needs to throw a little more frequently, and then he'll hopefully develop some killer instinct. He shouldn't have allowed Ott to get back in the fight.

Ott definitely had it coming. Where's Abdelkader been? Supposedly he was supposed to be the "scrappiest" guy on the team...?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

Ott definitely had it coming. Where's Abdelkader been? Supposedly he was supposed to be the "scrappiest" guy on the team...?

The secret was losing our most motivating defensive pair and people just don't realize it....
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by HankthaTank, 25 February 2011 - 03:50 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#36 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

I agree with carmen, for once. after the injuries, and the moore incident he was forced to change his style of play, he had to transform the way he played a bit to keep hit career alive

#37 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Bert fighting days are over
IPB Image

#38 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Bert fighting days are over

far from over.. he beat Orpik up in the first pre-season game. People don't want to fight Bert, hes one strong man two years ago Tootoo tried to fight him and lost about 10 seconds into the fight, Todd punched him a few times then just wrestled him to the ground like it was nothing. Come playoff time if the right situation is there I bet he will.

#39 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

far from over.. he beat Orpik up in the first pre-season game. People don't want to fight Bert, hes one strong man two years ago Tootoo tried to fight him and lost about 10 seconds into the fight, Todd punched him a few times then just wrestled him to the ground like it was nothing. Come playoff time if the right situation is there I bet he will.

Yeah did he really demolish Orpik that fight or what? Ive never came across video of it

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#40 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Yeah did he really demolish Orpik that fight or what? Ive never came across video of it

It wasn't televised. Unless someone in the crowd got it on their cell phone there never will be a video of it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)