• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Green leveled

Rate this topic

Green delivers a marginal crosscheck that you normally see every time two people go into a corner, then gets leveled by an elbow-uppercut hybrid moments later. Green didn't return after the hit and penalties were called on the play/going to be called.

Apparently the NHL is already reviewing the 'hit" by Stepan.

*Please don't be a turd and turn this into a "Green isn't a real defeseman" thread.

green should be reviewed too. his first one was too close for comfort up against the boards. stepans was a disgrace.

I guess I'm too use to seeing Holmstrom and Clary and Zetterberg receiving those same crosschecks all the time. Plus, Green's crosscheck was at an angle to the boards, and honestly I thought the guy dove.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Green isn't a real defenseman!!!!!

Ohh... and both are questionable imo. Even though Green's infraction is ignored quite often.

Dont go crosschecking guys hard into the boards and expect nothing coming back.. Dont mind that by Stepan at all. Too bad for Green though, wasnt this his first game back in a while?

You don't mind a blatant elbow to the head? Stepan could have easily gotten retribution with a clean hit, the elbow to the head was over the top.

Green's hit is the sort of thing you see in nearly every board battle. Stepan just didn't protect himself. Shouldn't battle with your face to the boards if you don't have the upper body strength to absorb all the pushing and cross checking you're gonna get.

His retaliation was stupid. He's gonna get suspended. Rightly so.

Sure Stepan should have protected himself, but so should have Green. The hit couldn't be further from a blindside so a suspension would have been questionable if the right call (a major) was made on the ice. Now he may get one or two. If Green had protected himself he wouldn't have been hurt and no suspension necessary. He led with his face.

Guest Shoreline

I'm kinda torn. From an outside perspective it looks like Stepan may have dove, given he was looking back and went down pretty easy. When he didn't get the call, he went for the dirty hit.

Regardless of that, Green gets to learn a lesson as he didn't need to extend his arms out to crosscheck Stepan, dive or not. This small courtesy crosscheck was part of a bigger picture of how respect on the ice has declined. Even if Stepan dove I don't feel sorry for Green. Disrespect begets disrespect. Crosscheck a guy from behind into the boards, get elbowed in the head. Maybe next time Green will think twice and just go for the puck.

I don't think either should be penalized here unless the issue had kept going.

Edited by Shoreline

Debateable I think whether it was even a cross-check by Green. Hard to tell from the video but to me it looks like Green just pushed him with the left hand/fist. I know two-hands on the stick these days usually means cross-check (when the refs feel like it) but IMO it was borderline. Certainly nothing dirty about it.

Stepan's retalliation was IMO a blatant attempt to injure. Worse I think than most of the headshots getting so much publicity. I would have no mercy.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You don't aim for the head. Blatant attempt to injure. Should be 3-4 games but will most likely be 2.

Well, if you're gonna crosscheck guys, you may not want to lead the battle for the puck with your face.

lol what? Going high and hard for his jaw is hardly a fair response. Crosscheck him back. Fight him. But drying to put him in the hospital? Enjoy the pressbox.

lol what? Going high and hard for his jaw is hardly a fair response. Crosscheck him back. Fight him. But drying to put him in the hospital? Enjoy the pressbox.

You missed the point entirely (and clearly my second post too). Nowhere have I endorsed Stepan's actions as legal or appropriate. You have seemed to absolved Green of any personal responsibility whatsoever. In what world is it smart to go into the corner with a guy you just crosschecked into the boards and reach for the puck and not play the man? Most D men would have tied up their man and used their feet or got help from the wing. Dirty plays are as much a part of hockey as fighting, and Green seemed entirely oblivious to any hit coming, regardless of it's placement. Again, this wasn't a blindside, so if he had protected himself better he wouldn't have been injured and Stepan wouldn't end up in the press box. The lack of respect in the league comes from people looking for Colin Campbell to protect them rather than themselves or their teammates. Why is it ok for players in this day and age to make themselves vulnerable?

I'm kinda torn. From an outside perspective it looks like Stepan may have dove, given he was looking back and went down pretty easy. When he didn't get the call, he went for the dirty hit.

Regardless of that, Green gets to learn a lesson as he didn't need to extend his arms out to crosscheck Stepan, dive or not. This small courtesy crosscheck was part of a bigger picture of how respect on the ice has declined. Even if Stepan dove I don't feel sorry for Green. Disrespect begets disrespect. Crosscheck a guy from behind into the boards, get elbowed in the head. Maybe next time Green will think twice and just go for the puck.

I don't think either should be penalized here unless the issue had kept going.

Pretty much this.

Two questionable plays, but they don't call for any suspensions or actions outside of this game.

You missed the point entirely (and clearly my second post too). Nowhere have I endorsed Stepan's actions as legal or appropriate. You have seemed to absolved Green of any personal responsibility whatsoever. In what world is it smart to go into the corner with a guy you just crosschecked into the boards and reach for the puck and not play the man? Most D men would have tied up their man and used their feet or got help from the wing. Dirty plays are as much a part of hockey as fighting, and Green seemed entirely oblivious to any hit coming, regardless of it's placement. Again, this wasn't a blindside, so if he had protected himself better he wouldn't have been injured and Stepan wouldn't end up in the press box. The lack of respect in the league comes from people looking for Colin Campbell to protect them rather than themselves or their teammates. Why is it ok for players in this day and age to make themselves vulnerable?

It wasn't that Green made himself vulnerable, it was that Stepan went to the head on his hit. He had every opportunity to lay a huge hit going shoulder on shoulder instead of going elbow to head.

Green's conduct previously is irrelevant and so is his "lack of protection" from a hit that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

So a guy shouldn't keep his head up after laying a questionable hit on somebody? That's just asinine.

Edited by kook_10

You don't mind a blatant elbow to the head? Stepan could have easily gotten retribution with a clean hit, the elbow to the head was over the top.

Coming from someone who is a fan of the all time great Gordie Howe :thumbup:

So a guy shouldn't keep his head up after laying a questionable hit on somebody? That's just asinine.

The hit wasn't clean.

That's the farking point. Green went for the puck and got hit with a dirty hit. If the hit was clean then obviously Green should have kept his head up. But it wasn't. End o story.